What are you reading?

Heaven from Randy Alcorn, highly recommended. The doctrine of Heaven is strangely neglected by Christians and many of our preconceived notions on it are not biblical. The author does a good job staying rooted in Scripture, while applying logic and urging the reader to use discernment.

The Maltese Iguana, another madcap Serge Storms adventure by Tim Dorsey.

It’s your ship- for the 5th or 6th time

I need to start something new.

I read a lot of history stuff.

Just finished the rise and fall of the third reich. Great book if it is your thing.

Reading Theodore Red now. Biography on Teddy Roosevelt.

The Louvre: The many lives of the worlds most famous museum

"The Norman Conquest", Marc Morris

I got through about half of One Shot from the Jack Reacher by Lee Child novels last week on vacation.

Every one of these I read makes me angrier and angrier at the Tom Cruise adaptations. Given this is on of the movies it is even worse. Books are great.

About 1/4 of the way through the newest Rebus novel.

Its on the backburner while going through Golf is Not A Game of Perfect, and Unstoppable Golfer

The Fourth Turning Is Here

I'm re-reading all of Steve Berry's Cotton Malone books in order, just started The Patriot Threat this morning.

I'm re-reading all of Steve Berry's Cotton Malone books in order, just started The Patriot Threat this morning.
Interesting. I just finished the newest The Atlas Maneuver. I’ve read them all.

Going back through the Red Rising series and The Wheel of Time

Just finished The American Deists by Kerry S Walters.
Starting a reread of Zhuangzi. Particularly love his take on perceptual relativity. The passage The Dream of the Buttterfly should be required reading for every student.

Reamde by Neal Stephenson.

Pretty good but LONG. Almost done.

Halfway through a reread of Liu Cixin's Rememberance of Earth's Past (The Three Body Problem). I rarely reread books, so it's always a surprise to me how much I missed or didn't connect on the initial read.

Halfway through a reread of Liu Cixin's Rememberance of Earth's Past (The Three Body Problem). I rarely reread books, so it's always a surprise to me how much I missed or didn't connect on the initial read.
Overall thoughts, I have the series, have not read

Overall thoughts, I have the series, have not read
It's in my all time top 10, but it's also one of those series where I can say that all the reviews are probably correct; good or bad. Slow parts? Yes. Spotty character development at times? Yep. Some non-PC treatment? Affirmative. But the story is so huge, the time scale vast, and the physics, philosophy, politics, and action, so fun and different, it's okay to look past the series' weaknesses for me. The other interesting thing, especially on reread, is that it is written from a Chinese perspective, so the heroes and primary players are Chinese and the morally ambiguous characters are American, and the actions and decisions of those groups follow a similar pattern. That's not bad or good, it's just different than the usual perspective of western sci-fi authors.

If you struggle to get through the first book like a lot of reviewers have, persevere. The second book of the series is just phenomenal and the best of the three in my opinion.

Look Closer by David Ellis. It is all over the place but I can't put it down. Hell of a plot and read.

Look Closer by David Ellis. It is all over the place but I can't put it down. Hell of a plot and read.
I'll have to check it out. Since finishing Project Hail Mary by Weir, ive struggled to find something new to pick up.

Back