What are you reading?

I’ve always been a huge Beatles fan. I recently purchased Paul McCartney’s, 2 volume set, “The Lyrics” 1956 to the present. It’s Paul’s very personal look at the lyrics of 154 of his songs. He writes about where he was and his inspirations for some of the best songs ever written. For Beatles fans, it’s a must read.

I have just started re-reading the Patrick O'Brian's Aubrey/Manturin 20 book series. The first book is "Master and Commander" which was made into a movie with Russell Crowe. It is a mostly fictional story about a British Naval Captain in the British and French Naval wars between about 1797 and 1810. The New York Times called them "The best historical novels ever written", and I agree. I first read them about 20 years ago and I am fascinated by the world they take me to.

"America Before" by Graham Hancock.

Currently
16708171833165758547613734940026.jpg

Currently
index.php

I’m on a mountaineering kick. Read Ascent into Hell, Everest it’s not about the summit, and currently reading Everest ‘96

The Science of Golf by Will Haskett

I’m on a mountaineering kick. Read Ascent into Hell, Everest it’s not about the summit, and currently reading Everest ‘96
Followed this up with Mount Everest: Confessions of an Amateur Peak Bagger and moved onto The Everest Years.

Rereading The Destroyer series and I've ordered the final book in the Matthew Reilly Jack West Jr series.

Followed this up with Mount Everest: Confessions of an Amateur Peak Bagger and moved onto The Everest Years.
Finally finished this book that read more like an encyclopedia. Read Shutter Island and moved onto Snow in the Kingdom.

Latest Daniel Silva. Then the next Reacher books.

Latest Daniel Silva. Then the next Reacher books.
Used to love the Silvia’s Gabriel Allon series. Unfortunately he’s resorted to formulaic plotting, and worse. he can’t resist going stupid with his politics (TDS).

Readhwr books are always good. 📖

Finally finished this book that read more like an encyclopedia. Read Shutter Island and moved onto Snow in the Kingdom.
Snow in the Kingdom was a great read about a unique Everest expedition. Now onto Surviving K2.

Snow in the Kingdom was a great read about a unique Everest expedition. Now onto Surviving K2.

I have read some of the books about Everest and K2. I follow the Himalaya and Karakoram climbing expeditions each year. Those are incredible stories of life and death and incredible feats by the climbers.

Heat 2

The book is worth the risk.

Just finished The Harbinger II by Jonathan Cahn. Follow up, of course to The Harbinger. Not a fan of his writing style here, but both describe an eerie parallel between ancient history and current events.

Clea, the fourth book of Lawrence Durrell's Alexandria Quartet.

Almost finished with the next book in the Jesse Stone series started by Robert B Parker. I’ll catch up on them and the Spenser series. Then I have to figure out what to read while waiting for the next Brandon Sanderson book to come out

Been reading the Dune series. Currently on Children of Dune. First was good. Second was ok. This one isn't grabbing me hard quite yet but I'll keep going. I don't read a lot of fiction, so they're sometimes a slog.

Back