What’s the Most Inspiring Thing Your Golf Coach Has Said About Your Swing?

Bitter sweet for me…

He started with “there are a couple of elements of your swing that are genuinely exceptional.”

And then he broke my heart with: “But there are other elements that make me wonder how you make it round a golf course…”

Don't change it (Betty Dodd LPGA pro mentioned in Penick's Red Book) - I swing kind of like Trevino (sort of) and have had an albatross, shot 67, and won a club championship with it. It is a really goofy looking swing but it has worked before major injuries. Now I am a higher handicapper and just play and swing for the pure joy of the game

Oh wow, this is going to take a lot of work.

Just last week my coach kept handing me different clubs to hit. I was on and in a groove. After the driver shots I hit he said that is the best he has ever seen my swing no need to work on anything and to grab a wedge! In all of my lessons that has never happened and it was a great feeling.

3 different comments.

"You have the distance production of a + handicap and the directional control of a 20 handicap" - A coach I had like 10 years ago

"I've never seen someone with a scratch golfer swing and with a high handicapper brain stuck on top" - A playing buddy of mine busting my balls ( after I went Eagle-double bogey-birdie-bogey-birdie ) who used to compete internationally and owns a local course.

At the ECPC last year, 2 fitters got together and I overheard: "This guys swings just like Ancer. Same speed and same transition move." I thought it was kind of neat to hear.

He told me it’s tough for a muscular guy like you to get into some of the more traditional positions in the swing.

I appreciated him calling me muscular.

There’s a few things we can work with.

"You should be playing with a single digit HC."

Self taught, and I have said a LOT of things to me

Back