Weighing the Options - Buying a House

Yeah, I hope the move goes well! Congrats to you both! Now that you have the house, and will be having the wedding, there's only one more thing left to do: make some little 9i's and AG's!

A little 9I? Is that like a PW? or GW?
Yeah, I hope the move goes well! Congrats to you both! Now that you have the house, and will be having the wedding, there's only one more thing left to do: make some little 9i's and AG's!

Congrats Guys!!!

good to hear!

I hope the move goes smoothly for you and that your house inspection was spot on as it can sometimes be hell to make some repairs.

I am sure many on here are willing to help you out with things that you might need some advice on.

I for one can offer any advice in regards to tv displays, audio systems, and I am fairly good with home networking (I am really a dork in overalls)

After that, I would say I then become very limited to outdoor stuff but I do not know what you can grow in canada well or even if your new place has much of a garden....

today's the day right? Hope everything goes smooth with your closing and moving. Congrats again 9i and AdamsGirl

A little 9I? Is that like a PW? or GW?

Congrats Guys!!!

Thanks to all for all the well wishes!! I'm back after a long, very long weekend. We moved ourselves and I can say with total confidence that we will NEVER do that again. Loading up the truck on Thursday morning dang near took everything out of us. I had wanted to get everything into the house on Thursday but after unloading the truck and making one one load in my car we called it quits and picked things up again on Friday. Dang near took all of Friday too, but we got everything over there. What a hassle. Well, like I said, never again. The plan is to stay in this house for the long term so thankfully we won't be moving again any time soon.

We still have some things to unpack and get settled and after the wedding, we'll be getting some new stuff to round out the house. We sold our kitchen table so we'll be getting a new one and chairs and we'll be getting a new bedroom set as well and turn our existing one in the guest room. We also discovered that our TV doesn't fit in the spot for it above the fireplace. And when I say it doesn't fit, I mean it's way to small!! It's only a 32" so really it was too small from the get go! Hehe. A 46" will fit just fine up there, so we'll be getting that after the wedding as well. Darn eh?

Thanks to all for all the well wishes!! I'm back after a long, very long weekend. We moved ourselves and I can say with total confidence that we will NEVER do that again. Loading up the truck on Thursday morning dang near took everything out of us. I had wanted to get everything into the house on Thursday but after unloading the truck and making one one load in my car we called it quits and picked things up again on Friday. Dang near took all of Friday too, but we got everything over there. What a hassle. Well, like I said, never again. The plan is to stay in this house for the long term so thankfully we won't be moving again any time soon.

We still have some things to unpack and get settled and after the wedding, we'll be getting some new stuff to round out the house. We sold our kitchen table so we'll be getting a new one and chairs and we'll be getting a new bedroom set as well and turn our existing one in the guest room. We also discovered that our TV doesn't fit in the spot for it above the fireplace. And when I say it doesn't fit, I mean it's way to small!! It's only a 32" so really it was too small from the get go! Hehe. A 46" will fit just fine up there, so we'll be getting that after the wedding as well. Darn eh?

Best TV advice I was ever given:
1. last years models are just as good as this years models
2. A year later, 70% of customers wish they would have bought a bigger TV

I got a 58" "last year" TV for what a 45" this year TV was going. Regarding the second stat, I wish I would have bought a 65"!

Best TV advice I was ever given:
1. last years models are just as good as this years models
2. A year later, 70% of customers wish they would have bought a bigger TV

I got a 58" "last year" TV for what a 45" this year TV was going. Regarding the second stat, I wish I would have bought a 65"!

I'm limited by the space I have so I have to go with a 46", but otherwise, I'd be going with the largest TV I could. Our basement is unfinished, so once that is done down the road, I'll be going with at least a 55" down there.

I'm limited by the space I have so I have to go with a 46", but otherwise, I'd be going with the largest TV I could. Our basement is unfinished, so once that is done down the road, I'll be going with at least a 55" down there.

Unfinished?
Hello projection screen with integrated audio, and whatever other niceties you can think of!

Unfinished?
Hello projection screen with integrated audio, and whatever other niceties you can think of!

I'm not a fan of projectors. Personally, I prefer the crisper image of a TV. AG does aswell. I'm not ruling out integrated audio though!

Congrats 9i!! How exciting! Saw the pics and looks like a very lovely house (um... except for all that SNOW!). Good to hear that you moved - you two are brave souls for moving yourself!

I can't wait to see some pictures once the new house is all set up. Plus I am hoping to see some wedding pictures...maybe an album to view at the outing? I am such a girl when it comes to that stuff.

Congrats 9i!! How exciting! Saw the pics and looks like a very lovely house (um... except for all that SNOW!). Good to hear that you moved - you two are brave souls for moving yourself!

Brave stupid souls! Hehe. Thanks Patty, snow's pretty much all gone except for where the sun doesn't hit. Shouldn't be too much longer!

I can't wait to see some pictures once the new house is all set up. Plus I am hoping to see some wedding pictures...maybe an album to view at the outing? I am such a girl when it comes to that stuff.

We'll try our best to do that GG, but we may not be able to. With the wedding on the Saturday and us leaving for the outing the following Wednesday, we may not have that stuff setup yet. We'll be sure to post some pics up when we can!

Congrats on making the big move 9I and AG! :thumb: Looks like a very nice house.

Brave stupid souls! Hehe. Thanks Patty, snow's pretty much all gone except for where the sun doesn't hit. Shouldn't be too much longer!

We'll try our best to do that GG, but we may not be able to. With the wedding on the Saturday and us leaving for the outing the following Wednesday, we may not have that stuff setup yet. We'll be sure to post some pics up when we can!

No worries, just enjoy the moment and the day! I am so excited for the both of you. This is a very exciting time in your lives. :smile:

Congrats on the new house and the pending nuptuals!!

Congrats on making the big move 9I and AG! :thumb: Looks like a very nice house.

It's even better on the inside! Thanks!

No worries, just enjoy the moment and the day! I am so excited for the both of you. This is a very exciting time in your lives. :smile:

Very exciting, but very busy too! We'll find a way though! Thanks GG!!

Congrats on the new house and the pending nuptuals!!

Thanks!

Back