Weather in your area.

Rain last 2 nights, more rain forecasted for tonight.

Freaking down pouring just as I was contemplating golfing this afternoon

You would have died if you tried to play golf in the temps it felt before the rain. I was out running some errands and it felt like 200* and 300% humidity.
It was extremely hot when I went running earlier.

We're in the dog days of summer here.

WX0804.png

if I don’t run before 8am I feel like I’m running through Peanut Butter.

Yep you can cut the humidity with a knife :D. Our pool now seems like a sauna. And in south Fla, " Jul 26, 2023 — On Monday, a water temperature sensor in Manatee Bay near Everglades National Park recorded a temperature of 101.1 degrees, according to a park ... "

Weather forecasting should be banished from media. You don't know what's going to happen 12, 24 hours out, just admit it. My nephew's wedding today in Indiana. As of yesterday afternoon it was going to be hot, humid summer day with storms after midnight. Wake up today and it's rain & storms everywhere, all day.

Under a severe thunderstorm watch.

I don’t think it’s allowed to “rain” in WV during the summer. It’s either miserably humid or buckets falling from the sky.

Tornado somewhere close. Crazy times.

Looking rough in the DC area right now. Hope everyone is safe and without damage!

Nice today, rain tomorrow night and the following morning.

1691619091037.png

In general, the next few days will be HOT and fairly dry overall. High pressure will continue to dominate the upper level pattern for the area for the next few days and won`t relent anytime soon. Southwesterly surface winds will help to advect warm, moist air into the area from the Gulf, which will increase humidities and dewpoints over the next day or two.

Oh, boy. :rolleyes:

So much for dog days. About as mild of a summer as I remember in SW Ohio. A couple of hot weeks/weekends but barely going to get to 80 today and a nice mid-80's weekend on tap but then another couple of upper 70's highs, upper 50's lows coming next week.

Another beautiful day of heat and humidity with late afternoon thunderstorms. And per the news last night, these beautiful conditions could last until mid September or until a Hurricane changes the climate near us. .

Fairly moderate for your area this time of year though. I've been in Arizona in August and generally experienced temps in the 120-125 range this time of year.
True story. All in all it's actually been a fairly mild summer for us. There have been a few weeks of real scorchers, but it didn't get hot until much later than usual in June and for the most part it's been hot, but not the usual 'surface of the sun' Arizona summer hot.

We're getting the monsoon now - lots of thunderheads, more humidity, but not much rain yet - although the forecast has T-storms coming in later this week.

True story. All in all it's actually been a fairly mild summer for us. There have been a few weeks of real scorchers, but it didn't get hot until much later than usual in June and for the most part it's been hot, but not the usual 'surface of the sun' Arizona summer hot.

We're getting the monsoon now - lots of thunderheads, more humidity, but not much rain yet - although the forecast has T-storms coming in later this week.
Any dust storms yet? Those are really incredible!

120 heat index today. Maybe the hottest round I’ve ever played in my 43 years. But we are all at least slightly masochists so we play anyway. :)

Any dust storms yet? Those are really incredible!
We don't get them over here as often as they do down in the Valley of the Sun (Phoenix area), but they are pretty spectacular.

I spoke too soon about the thunderstorms - one rolled in and it's raining pouring right now. I love thunderstorms, if it's going to rain let's at least make it entertaining! :LOL:

Back