Video Games Thread

It’s spectacular isn’t it?
I would love to read a full review from you guys.I know it is a golf forum.. but this may be my next purchase

I would love to read a full review from you guys.I know it is a golf forum.. but this may be my next purchase
I mean, if you like handheld gaming, it really is the ultimate device. I dont play my Xbox a ton anymore, as I am typically watching TV or a movie with the Mrs or the kids, but still like to game a bit. I got a Switch a while back, and enjoyed it but it lacks power so some of the more in depth games just dont work on it.

With the steam deck, it's a handheld computer, essentially, powerful enough to play any game on just about any system.

Let me know what questions you have and I will do my best to answer them.

I mean, if you like handheld gaming, it really is the ultimate device. I dont play my Xbox a ton anymore, as I am typically watching TV or a movie with the Mrs or the kids, but still like to game a bit. I got a Switch a while back, and enjoyed it but it lacks power so some of the more in depth games just dont work on it.

With the steam deck, it's a handheld computer, essentially, powerful enough to play any game on just about any system.

Let me know what questions you have and I will do my best to answer them.
What is the battery life? And is it have ability to upgrade for new AAA games that come out with high graphics? Or will you have to buy a new unit in the future ?

Does it have tons of updates like a gaming pc has ?

The show 24 early release is tonight at 2300 my time. Might be rough getting up tomorrow at 0530 for work.

MLB The Show early access drops tonight :love:
I did not pump a lot of grind time into last years game. But I preordered as the show is my favorite go to game.

I did not pump a lot of grind time into last years game. But I preordered as the show is my favorite go to game.
Either did I - but I think I’ll go deep this year (at least until ncaa comes out)

Holy crap.

Steam Deck is just amazing. When I ordered it, I figured I would play it some and still use my Switch OLED.

Nope. BLOWS it away. What an awesome device. Have my Xbox account setup so Game Pass games can be played, all my Epic games, Steam games, everything in one place.

Doubt my Xbox will ever get much play anymore either.
stop it.

@TRyan Was it you playing Witcher 3?

Thinking of giving it a go...

@TRyan Was it you playing Witcher 3?

Thinking of giving it a go...
It was me. I've been loving it even on keyboard and mouse. But my laptop runs it really well and there's a ton to see and do.

It was me. I've been loving it even on keyboard and mouse. But my laptop runs it really well and there's a ton to see and do.
With the add-on, it says 150 hours of gameplay… 😳

With the add-on, it says 150 hours of gameplay… 😳
Based on my not-yet-played-through opinion, that's pretty close. I was in a quarantine for 14 days mid covid with a buddy. He'd started before, but finished every quest and side quest of Witcher 3 during that two weeks. And clocked about 190h finally.

I did the same for Cyberpunk and ended up with roughly 90h.

Back