Video Camera for Recording Swing

UNCFan6

Low Round of 64
Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys was looking on ebay for some type of Video Recorder to use that has good quality to make some videos on the course. Looking for something relatively cheap(under 100), that has good quality(get at least 720p on youtube), and very portable(can fit in my pocket). If you could post up some replies on some good devices like this that hook straight up to the computer and uploads once i'm done recording. add some pictures as well. Thanks

I bought a Flip Ultra HD for filming swings and am pleased with the quality. I think it was $109ish from Best Buy, but could be picked up cheaper off of ebay. I have some videos in the TaylorMade TMC Staff woods and wedges thread if you want to see the quality. I am also under the same name on youtube.

I have a Sony bloggie portable video camera it was $100. Nice takes good video.

I can post more info later

I bought a Flip Ultra HD for filming swings and am pleased with the quality. I think it was $109ish from Best Buy, but could be picked up cheaper off of ebay. I have some videos in the TaylorMade TMC Staff woods and wedges thread if you want to see the quality. I am also under the same name on youtube.

+1 on the Flip, my videos on youtube are under the same name also.

KellyBo bought one off ebay and the thing is really cool! Great for swing videos and showing how Team Paradise is going to whup Team Hackers butts in August. Stayed tuned on the Morgan Cup thread for a real duzy coming up tonight. Team Paradise -- You guys will be proud of ole gray :D

flip cam win! also, if you have a smart phone those are cool since you can upload straight to a private youtube channel.

Me and my buddy take the Sony Webbie out and just film with that. It's not exactly HD, but I can see everything I need to work on my swing out there.

Not sure what kind of phone you have but my Iphone takes great video. I also have a Samsung shoot&share that I mainly use for bowhunting and it takes good video as well.

Thanks guys. I'm looking at flips on ebay right now. I'm wondering can you add more memory with SD cards or is it just the built in memory? Would you guys recommend the 4GB or 8GB or is there a bigger one?

http://youtu.be/wfmHUv1zBWE

Here is video from my Iphone, but thats only if you have one.

I don't have one just a ****** env touch. getting a new phone in Nov.

Did you research the Kodak PlaySport line? I have the Zx3 and a few of the guys here have it as well. It records up to 1080i and even better 720p at 60fps (the 60 fps helps when you're on slo-mo replay which is good for a golf swing). It's also waterproof for up to 10 ft. I've used it in my pool underwater and it works awesome (also good for those wet rounds). Also has a 5MP still camera and the memory is upgradeable with SD (I don't think the flip is upgradeable).

Did you research the Kodak PlaySport line? I have the Zx3 and a few of the guys here have it as well. It records up to 1080i and even better 720p at 60fps (the 60 fps helps when you're on slo-mo replay which is good for a golf swing). It's also waterproof for up to 10 ft. I've used it in my pool underwater and it works awesome (also good for those wet rounds). Also has a 5MP still camera and the memory is upgradeable with SD (I don't think the flip is upgradeable).

I'll look into it. The things ive read on the Flip are nice. I like the fact you can upload straight to youtube which is a plus for me. 8GB would be nice but 4 should work just depends on price difference but once i upload it ill just delete it so it should be plenty.

I love my flip but would probably go with the Kodak for reasons mentioned by Spank. Flip is real easy to use though.

I love my flip but would probably go with the Kodak for reasons mentioned by Spank. Flip is real easy to use though.

As far as ease of use is concerned the flip is much easier. JMO, I like the video of the Kodak better. The MC video I posted and the one that OEM posted are with the same camera I believe. Now if you can only find it in that massive thread. :D

Lol. Imma search now

As far as ease of use is concerned the flip is much easier. JMO, I like the video of the Kodak better. The MC video I posted and the one that OEM posted are with the same camera I believe. Now if you can only find it in that massive thread. :D

I have an HD flip that I started using and I love it. Most of them even have a tripod connection if you would even need a set-up like that.

Ease isn't a big deal with me as i'm only 21 and really good with electronics. It all comes down to price, quality, editing, and speed to get it uploaded onto youtube. Flip being able to upload straight to youtube is a plus. Kodak being able to get wet is a plus. 1080p/1080i is really good quality as is 720p which would be the minimum i would want to go. Id like around 8gb and a rechargeable battery.

Ease isn't a big deal with me as i'm only 21 and really good with electronics. It all comes down to price, quality, editing, and speed to get it uploaded onto youtube. Flip being able to upload straight to youtube is a plus. Kodak being able to get wet is a plus. 1080p/1080i is really good quality as is 720p which would be the minimum i would want to go. Id like around 8gb and a rechargeable battery.

If cash is a factor I would go with the 4gb, I use an 8gb SD card with my samsung for hunting and it holds a few hours of footage. Plus I imagine once downloaded you can delete the file. But I am sure the price difference isn't that great between the two.

I loaded all of my flip videos into iMovie and did not have a problem editing them.

I loaded all of my flip videos into iMovie and did not have a problem editing them.

iMovie here as well. Once you set it up right it's real easy to use for sharing and editing.

UNC: on fast moving video (sports and the like) you will really like the 60 fps feature on the Kodak. That and zoom are really the biggest differences between a handheld like this and a mini camcorder. You won't notice it at first glance but once you start editing you will.

Its a pretty expensive camera holder........my wife! Steady hands huh.

Yeah, I thought you had rigged some kind of iPhone tripod up....lol

Back