Valero Texas Open [Spoilers]

Me too, I'll watch it all regardless but in comparison to what we had last week this one will be a little less exciting. But that's ok, that is another thing that made last week that great.

Last week was awesome on Sunday, I had non golfing friends wanting to talk to me about The Masters all week, but if you recall, Saturday was very very slow moving.

Last week was awesome on Sunday, I had non golfing friends wanting to talk to me about The Masters all week, but if you recall, Saturday was very very slow moving.
Good point, how soon we forget huh? I'm tuned in for what I hope will turn into a fairly exciting round, it's already better now on CBS. They had the overnight weekend crew working the coverage on TGC so this definitely helps already!

Kevin chappells travis duds look so much better.than the stuff bubba wears.

Yeah, the shirt is very nice, they had a good close up action shot when he hit the knock down 7 just now.

Holy crap, I'm on the first page of the leaderboard for the first time.... uh EVER!

The Texas winds are killing this thing. It's been all about survival since Friday

That was a sweet chip from Hoffman there...

This course is a real site to behold in HD

This course is a real site to behold in HD

Greg Norman did a fantastic job on this course.....so classically south Texas. I hope to get out this week to play it in this condition. And the Texas wind always howls....you HAVE to play cutters and knock-downs.

interesting that none of the native texans are near the top.

Would love to see a playoff or Hoffman and Sneds to start picking up the pace and win.

Dang, sad to see Chappell make a bogey on 17 from the middle of the FW with a sand wedge in his hands. Then going rough to rough on the 18th....needs a birdie here badly!

WOW, I was nervous for those guys on the green there. I love watching guys trying to break though for their first win on Tour. Shame that Chappell let it unravel there on the 17th and not able to make a good run at a birdie on 18 to get into a playoff. Good stuff though, congrats goes out toe Brendan Steele.

Brenden Steele won that tourney, I don't think anyone lost it. Good for him, that was good to watch.

Well shucks...66th out of 95. Well it was my first week trying the fantasy golf so hopefully it will only improve from there. It gives more excitement for tournaments like this one where there aren't as many big names playing.

Oh man I forgot to mention...I missed out on a great contest opportunity today and it was related to golf! I follow Jim Irsay (Indianapolis Colts owner) on twitter because I am the worlds biggest Colts fan, and he has all kinds of contests with trivia and riddles. He had one today that he was giving away a brand new Rolex for and no one got the answer for like 7 hours! Here was the riddle:

16 candles burning down a Texas forrest while The Beatles r singing"Hey Jude" Who's da man I speak of?

You usually have to read very deeply into his riddles. Anyway...After guessing for hours the answer was Kevin Na! 16 was the score he took on the hole, it was at the Velero Texas Open, he spent a lot of time in the forest, and in Hey Jude they sing "na na na na na na." After he announced the winning answer I was so shocked I didn't get it! I love that he does some trivia related to golf sometimes though it makes it a lot of fun. He is constantly giving away cash and CRAZY prizes, so if you're into that then follow him on Twitter! So far I have been following him about 6 months and I have won $100 (for being runner up in a super bowl trip contest), a super bowl hat, and owners box seats to the Colts/Jets playoff game. Anyway...my point was the golf trivia. Would anyone else have gotten that right away?

Martin Laird didn't play well enough to win, but he has been playing consistent golf as of late. I would lay $$$ on him winning another tourney this year.

Tapatalkin' this mutha.

I like the way Snedeker looked too, just a few of those putts falling and he is right in there.

Greg Norman did a fantastic job on this course.....so classically south Texas. I hope to get out this week to play it in this condition. And the Texas wind always howls....you HAVE to play cutters and knock-downs.

interesting that none of the native texans are near the top.

I think I would like to play that course. If those guys are averaging 75, it would probably be a struggle for me to break 90. I shot 102 a few years ago on a Reno course in 40+ mph winds, it was blowing the balls off the greens, it didn't matter what the topography of the green, all putts broke in the direction the wind was blowing. This Texas course is a beauty though.

Wow, I really finished in 6th place?

12th place for the season.

Back