USA Men's Soccer National Team

And that’s game!!

IMG_9446.jpeg

Gio and Wright again!

Gio to Wright again!!! What a first touch!

Man, how many times does Gio need to look like the most creative player for the US before GB gives him the keys to the car?

Man, how many times does Gio need to look like the most creative player for the US before GB gives him the keys to the car?
Almost like the greatest American player's kid (who's mom was fantastic in her own right) can play huh?

I am glad they get a chance to play Sunday. They never can play against teams that park the bus.

Watch the highlights again. What I saw for the 1st 90 minutes was no creativity. Our attack is get it wide, and dump lazy floating crosses into the box, around the penalty spot, where it's nearly impossible to score. It didn't work before, why the heck do we continue to use this as our game plan?!?! This is on Berhalter, and I hate that it's the same as before. No changes and no adjustments in our overall game plan.

Where do we score our goals? Attacking the middle, drawing a defender out of position, then slip in a forward behind the shifting defense. Get an advantage in numbers. Why do we wait so long to attack this way against Jamaica? When will we utilize our wingers and get behind defenses? The object needs to be to pull the defense out, then attack behind. We have the guys in the middle of the field who can attack off the dribble. That is Gio. That is Musah. Even McKinnie. Let them run at opposing teams while a guy like Adams sits in and cuts out counter attacks.

And the field...woof. Watch a game on a European pitch, and how pure the ball rolls. Then watch a game like last night. Ball bouncing. Checking up. Just slows the entire flow of the game. It's embarrassing.

If it were me, I'd play something like a 4-2-3-1. Flat back 4 where guys like A. Robinson and Dest can get up and down the flanks, but you still have coverage with 3 defenders, plus Adams, when they go. Adams plays a holding mid role, cutting out counter attacks. Musah and Gio (McKinnie) in the middle of the park. They play off each other, balancing the field, and finding space to attack. When one goes, the other sits a bit, in the space, looks to switch the point of attack. This is key, IMO, to switch the point of attack quicker, and get our wingers in 1-on-1 situations. Then you have Pulisic and Weah attacking from the width. Not crossing a lazy ball in to a forward that is outnumbered. Get behind the defense, play in dangerous crosses early, beat a defender and then slot a pass to an open teammate, etc. Then have a guy like Wright up top who can score. He's hot right now, I'd get him in there. He scored for his club team in a HUGE spot in the FA Cup. He scored 2 goals yesterday. He was finding space, and although his 1st touch wasn't the best (past of that is the field), he still found a way to put the ball in the back of the net. That's what we need.

So Berhalter, quit planning which sneakers you are going to wear next game, or how many behind the back passes you'll make on the sidelines, and actually think about how you can position this team to succeed. Right now they are uninspiring. The 2026 World Cup is on our home soil, and with the talent you have, now is the time to utilize it. Get the fans behind this team! We want to, but need to see a change!

100% truth

He's lowered the bar. It's pretty obvious
I just feel like he is "learning on the job" and has no clue how to get the most out of arguably the best talent we have ever placed on the pitch. Callahan should have stayed because he was light years better than Gregg.

US has so much potential they don't even know it. If they find the right formula, they'll make it far for the WC2026
preach friend

US has so much potential they don't even know it
I think the fans all know it. The coach/program seems to consistently be bewildered by it though

Back