Under Armour signs Jordan Spieth

Under Armor seems to be on a spree of signing guys whose best sport is golf

Steph Curry?
Tom Brady?
Clayton Kershaw?

Nice try but #weaksauce.

Romo should probably just have his own UA thread to make room for the stand up acts that will be appearing! :D

Romo should probably just have his own UA thread to make room for the stand up acts that will be appearing! :D

Funny thing is a actually think he's a great dude. Would probably be a big fan of his if it wasn't for the Star on his helmet

Good for Romo! I also love this years stuff. It looks and feels great.

The defense team of TayHoss and Tayhoss is hysterical. like sharpton, a trigger goes off.

Steph Curry?
Tom Brady?
Clayton Kershaw?

Nice try but #weaksauce.

Isn't Curry like a 3 or better?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

And better at golf than basketball!

Truly impressive.

Better than his defensive game.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

He hits a lot of 3's but being a 3 handicap....doubtful.

Your right, he isnt. He is slightly better than a 2. At the last event they played in together, Romo said of Curry "He is the best golfer out of current athletes right now and given 6 months could play on Tour".

He hits a lot of 3's but being a 3 handicap....doubtful.

He's actually a 2!

http://www.back9network.com/article/9-best-nba-golfers/

Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors – Curry made his first tournament appearance over the summer at his family’s Curry Celebrity Classic, then he tied for fourth at the American Century Championship, the annual celebrity golf tournament in Lake Tahoe. He actually sat atop the leaderboard after the second round, but posted a 3-over-par 75 on the last day to fall back. Still, he was the top active athlete, and improved from his T-28 finish in 2010. Curry says he has a two handicap, aided by three years on his high school golf team.

I stand corrected. But I'm sure his 2 would probably be an 8 if he played Texas golf courses. Just a hunch. :D

School is starting back , and around here every other young male is wearing UA. Looks like Spieth was a great investment, or I guess that's what largely is driving the surge.

I'd like to see some actual numbers on all of this because my gut says most people out there are NOT buying UA due to Spieth. Sure, he's helped but if golf is truly declining with the younger generation, they don't even know or care what a golfer is wearing.

Again, I'd love to see some actual stats and info though if it's available.

In my industry we've seen an increase in Under Armour requests but it started before Spieth became popular.

I'd like to see some actual numbers on all of this because my gut says most people out there are NOT buying UA due to Spieth. Sure, he's helped but if golf is truly declining with the younger generation, they don't even know or care what a golfer is wearing.

In my industry we've seen an increase in Under Armour requests but it started before Spieth became popular.

How could you figure that out? You think people are asking at the counter why someone bought UA? Fwiw I agree with you but it isn't something easily quantifiable

Part of me agrees with you but the timing is incredibly coincidental if not connected.

I think the same could be said for Callaway and Phil TaylorMade and DJ and to a much lesser extent Nike and Tiger. I know of some guys play and wear Nike only because of Tiger. But I think they are the exception.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

How could you figure that out? You think people are asking at the counter why someone bought UA? Fwiw I agree with you but it isn't something easily quantifiable

Simple sales figures from before and after the signing of Spieth will show something. Not much but it's a start.

Also, consumer surveys are being done all the time. Whether or not that would provide any insight is a stretch but again it's something.

Simple sales figures from before and after the signing of Spieth will show something. Not much but it's a start.

Also, consumer surveys are being done all the time. Whether or not that would provide any insight is a stretch but again it's something.

They moved very little after the signing.
The only movement we have seen was a drastic one and that was after the Masters, in which their golf gear went up close to 100% which is a staggering number. So Spieth signing did not add much, Masters win and exposure of Spieth, added a lot.

Under Armour is missing out on a huge opportunity by not having their golf shoes available in retail yet. I wonder what the holdup is

Under Armour is missing out on a huge opportunity by not having their golf shoes available in retail yet. I wonder what the holdup is
I think these are starting to roll out. A Scheeles store here in MN have the black and white ones available. They look sharp!

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

Nike HQ is 20 minutes from me, I'm a huge University of Nike... er.. Oregon fan. But I love Under Armour stuff! In terms of just general athletic gear I tend to go UA 1st, then Nike, rarely Adidas and that's about it. For golf I love Puma shoes though.

Back