UGA Fan Responds to UGA Players being Stupid

The ridiculous thing (well, one of them) is if this football player is one of the really good ones, some pro team will snap him up (if he doesn't go to jail for this incident), give him a lucrative contract and he'll continue to act like an ass.

Pretty good for an Ohio State fan eh? haha.

Gus is one of my best friends on here. As a matter of fact, I am in his wedding in a few weeks.

Aside: A week! 7 days!

Pretty good for an Ohio State fan eh? haha.

Gus is one of my best friends on here. As a matter of fact, I am in his wedding in a few weeks.

Well then you fail at being a best friend since you are letting him get married, just kidding.

In that case congrats RxGus and wish you nothing but a happy and long marriage.

The ridiculous thing (well, one of them) is if this football player is one of the really good ones, some pro team will snap him up (if he doesn't go to jail for this incident), give him a lucrative contract and he'll continue to act like an ass.

Not exactly. NFL and NFLPA are smart enough to do a few things right and one of them is someone must be out of high school for 3 years (generalizing here) before entering the NFL. Add to that the new conduct policies and teams are less likely to take the risk on an unknown quantity.

Not exactly. NFL and NFLPA are smart enough to do a few things right and one of them is someone must be out of high school for 3 years (generalizing here) before entering the NFL. Add to that the new conduct policies and teams are less likely to take the risk on an unknown quantity.

Yes IC played last year as a true freshman, so he has two seasons to go before NFL and as JB pointed out teams are a little less likely to take a chance on someone who could cause off the field issues.

I had to change my Avvy. I hope IC cleans up his act because he has so much talent. That being said, I hope he doesn't get to don the red and black again.

Crowell was a moron. As was Michael Dyer. I could go on a serious rant about these kids throwing away opportunities.

I'm not exactly sure what to think of this. I'm not sure the player will understand what the guy was getting at.

Some of the absolute worst people I have met in my life are those whose parents tell them they are special when they really aren't and they go through life expecting everything to be handed to them. It often turns out badly. Sometimes they become criminals looking for the easy way out. The only people raised this way who get through life with few problems are those rich enough to afford it. I have met a few of those too. They are no better but they get to drive a Lexus while they waste time and family money.

Some of the absolute worst people I have met in my life are those whose parents tell them they are special when they really aren't and they go through life expecting everything to be handed to them. It often turns out badly. Sometimes they become criminals looking for the easy way out. The only people raised this way who get through life with few problems are those rich enough to afford it. I have met a few of those too. They are no better but they get to drive a Lexus while they waste time and family money.

Wow, that is a huge generalization about a whole lot of people.

I agree that Crowell had done enough to be dismissed from the team. But on a broader theme, college athletes in the 1970's and 1980's probably had a more enjoyable experience than today's college athletes. In the 1970's and 1980's, the athletes could screw up without everyone in the country knowing about it within 24 hours. Even regarding "on the field stuff", I have read a lot more entries on the internet complaining about missed tackles, missed blocks, fumbles, etc. than I have praising great plays. I wouldn't have had thick enough skin to read 100's of negative entries about me when I was 19.

My father told me I was special once, short bus kind of special he added, after I shot my BB gun to close to the cars and cracked a windshield. Then slapped me up the back of my head told me to wise up and time to learn a little lesson, he sent me to go get his axe. He then proceeded to smash my BB gun into about 100 pieces. Mind you I bought that BB gun with my allowance, but I stood there and watched, sucked it up and learned two things. First was be responsible for my actions, and second was to aim small so i miss small.

So wait....I'm not allowed to tell my children they are special because it is going to make the spoiled rotten? Great....back to the black board.

My parents always encouraged me, but they made sure that they never overinflated me. If a teacher sent home a note about me, you can be sure that my ass was chewed out. One time, in third grade, my dad made the teacher send home a daily report on me so he could be sure I was not acting up.

Most kids are okay. At least where I live.

Kevin

So wait....I'm not allowed to tell my children they are special because it is going to make the spoiled rotten? Great....back to the black board.

If they really are then go for it. I have one who is and I have to remind him of it every once in a while, he is his own biggest critic so my job is to build him up.

I'm not even sure what to say about this one.

If they really are then go for it. I have one who is and I have to remind him of it every once in a while, he is his own biggest critic so my job is to build him up.
You have one that is? So your other one isn't? Must be hard living up to your standards. LOL!

When Gracie started working with a swing coach, and she's by no means athletic or a natural, he told me our jobs were to offer encouragement and opportunity. Since she's 15 and not yet playing in the U.S. Open which is 40 minutes from our house, maybe it's time to start tearing her down a little bit. Let her know she's letting us down.

Kevin

I believe in supporting a child, building them up, but certainly not over inflating them. I think children need a little bit of uplifting.

When Gracie started working with a swing coach, and she's by no means athletic or a natural, he told me our jobs were to offer encouragement and opportunity. Since she's 15 and not yet playing in the U.S. Open which is 40 minutes from our house, maybe it's time to start tearing her down a little bit. Let her know she's letting us down.

Kevin

I think there is a difference between supporting your child and doing what many parents now-a-days are doing.
I can tell over the past few years here that you love and care for Grace a lot- and I know you are a great father. You are not at all the type of person that needs to hear this message.

Then again... maybe she deserves an sponsors exemption for the next LPGA tournament in cheeseland. She is an Esox after all!

Read every word, 5 star response. I want to shake Bobby's hand, that was fantastic.

Outstanding response by Bobby, but as someone stated earlier, the kid probably won't understand it. My neighbor is a high school football and I chuckle every time he talks of a kid that's academically ineligible. I didn't have to worry about the "F list" while in high school 30 years back. My father (school board member as long as I could remember) had much tougher standards... bring home anything lower than a "B" and you're done for the season. Athletics were secondary to my education. I vividly remember my parents refusing to let me travel to an away game in basketball, on a Tuesday night, because they felt it was too far away and I would not be well-rested for classes in the morning. KCM

I'm not going to lie, everybody that wasn't my parents told me I was special when I was little. I ate the crap up too. Then I got home and got knocked down a few notches, lol. There needs to be a balance.

I worked with children for 2 years, and I always try to weigh the good with the bad, the stern with the kind. Kids need to feel good about themselves generally, but not to the point that the believe themselves superior to others. That was my problem. I thought I was the smartest thing to ever grace the Earth.

Back