Tour Edge Exotics Wingman Wedges Review

Leaving these in the bag for a while, even though I already wrote a review on them for the homepage, they still really do intrigue me. I never expected to enjoy them as much as I am.

Nice review and gotta say that wedge changes my perception of them. May have to look closer.

Had a chip in with the 52 yesterday, believe it's the 3rd in the last week. It continues to be the workhorse wedge in the bag for me. 56 still doesn't feel 100% dialed but Shot Scope says it's equal or better than the 60 degree it replaced.

Leaving these in the bag for a while, even though I already wrote a review on them for the homepage, they still really do intrigue me. I never expected to enjoy them as much as I am.

This says as much or more to me about them as your review did, and the review said a lot of good things.

This says as much or more to me about them as your review did, and the review said a lot of good things.
I’m having a lot of fun with them to be honest, more than I expected. I would like to flip flop the grinds I have, but I can’t deny the performance I’m seeing.

Swapped out the stock shafts for Recoil 110s this past week. I play graphite in everything else and those shafts have been pretty faithful in my wedges the last 2 seasons. Going to graphite brings out more softness which I expect will feel even better on grass next time, whenever that is.

The one thing that still doesn't seem to be 100% working for me is how much thicker the 56 S/D grind plays for me. I included a pic below that hopefully conveys it. Messing around tonight on my SigPro Softy and firmer stance mat, I found myself preferring the way the 52 sat for open faced shots vs the 56. The 56 S/D does really protect against my worst wedge miss (chunking 1/2-full shots off soggy/soft turf), but I'm not sure it's quite versatile enough for it to be the last wedge in my back like I'm attempting for it to be. It'll get it's fair shot again in the spring, but I might keep an eye out for a 56 in one of the other grinds to try against it.

DAE99820-A885-43BF-9714-27AB4F36ED50.jpeg

I am infatuated with these still.

The three-release system I'm working on just plays SO well with them and the offset really seems to just make me more comfortable through the wedge shots and allows me to NOT pull the hands which is the death for many golfers in the short game.

Plus, I still come back to the feel. SO thumpy.

The Wingman wedges are very good.

I agree with @willplaysgolf that If you have a tendency to chunk your wedges the S/D grind will really help you. Does your course have fluffy bunkers or soft and mushy ground? The S/D grind is your new friend.

Conversely if you never dig and struggle with wedges that have too much bounce, then the F/S grind is excellent. Does your course have firm and crusty bunkers or bare hard pan lies? The F/S grind will save the day.

I wish I could also have tried the M/N grind because that is the one that fits me best and what I really need.

But, I really wanted to explore the ends of the bounce/grind spectrum to satisfy my curiosity. Mission accomplished! Being a part of TEEm Tour Edge allowed me to do that.

The Wingman wedges are very good.

I agree with @willplaysgolf that If you have a tendency to chunk your wedges the S/D grind will really help you. Does your course have fluffy bunkers or soft and mushy ground? The S/D grind is your new friend.

Conversely if you never dig and struggle with wedges that have too much bounce, then the F/S grind is excellent. Does your course have firm and crusty bunkers or bare hard pan lies? The F/S grind will save the day.

I wish I could also have tried the M/N grind because that is the one that fits me best and what I really need.

But, I really wanted to explore the ends of the bounce/grind spectrum to satisfy my curiosity. Mission accomplished! Being a part of TEEm Tour Edge allowed me to do that.
I've found a lot of success with both off of tight lies and hardpan as well, the key though is not being afraid to engage the bounce even on those lies. I've hit some doozies off of ground like asphalt with that beautifully beefy sole haha

Here are my last few entries in the other Wingman Wedge thread. I pulled the stock shafts, replacing them with Recoil 95s, which made a nice difference for me, as I haven't had any steel shafts in the bag in at least five or six years.

A really interesting day with the Wingman wedges today. Full swings were great, the shaft change made a real positive difference in feel, and my distances are much closer to what I would normally expect.

The 56* M/N was absolute money from greenside bunkers. I ended up finding five of them, and had some of my best bunker play ever. I normally use my 60* for greenside bunkers, but it looks like this 56* might have taken over that job.

On the other side of the coin my chipping with the 50* S/D was terrible. My 50* wedge has always been my go to club for chipping, and with a high degree of confidence, but I'm just not doing well at all with this one. Hopefully I can work this out, because it can make a big difference having real confidence in one club for chipping, and I'm missing that right now.

I got another round in with the Wingman Wedges yesterday, at a course I haven't played in a long time, and a good one for the wedge game. Several full swing shots with the 50* and 56*, and plenty of work with them around the greens. Some tricky areas around several of the greens called for more than just the go-to chip shots, but conditions around the greens were just about ideal, and both wedges provided all I could ask for in versatility, feel, and performance. (y)

I'll be playing my home course tomorrow, and I'm hoping I can follow up yesterday's short game performance with another good outing.

Another great day with the Wingman Wedges the other day. Played my home course in wet conditions, it was maybe the last day of CPO before letting everyone back off the paths, so wet but not sloppy. I'm not sure if I'm just finding the groove with these wedges, or if they just excel in these conditions, but this is two rounds in a row where my wedge game has been about as good as I can do. Chipping has definitely come around with the 50*, with two near chip-ins (one lipped out, the other hung on the edge), and the 56* is becoming a really confident club from green side bunkers.

Anyone that can get a chance should really give these a try, I'm pretty sure you will come away very impressed.

I am thinking about trying these. 56* is the highest loft I carry and that's where I would start. I am thinking the neutral grind in that loft for versatility and if I like it I would go with the soft\digger grind in 52* for mainly full shots without opening up the face.

Thoughts?

I am thinking about trying these. 56* is the highest loft I carry and that's where I would start. I am thinking the neutral grind in that loft for versatility and if I like it I would go with the soft\digger grind in 52* for mainly full shots without opening up the face.

Thoughts?
With the description of those grinds does it suit how your current wedge setup and game is or are you looking for them to correct it in those areas.

I know when I picked my 2 grinds I was absolutely struggling with digging on some full and partial wedge shots as well as having a generally steep attack to the ball.

I saw these in person this weekend and they look good. They are different enough to stand out but not so much so where they are off putting.

With the description of those grinds does it suit how your current wedge setup and game is or are you looking for them to correct it in those areas.

I know when I picked my 2 grinds I was absolutely struggling with digging on some full and partial wedge shots as well as having a generally steep attack to the ball.
I have a steep attack into the ball and struggle with fat partial and full wedge shots. I try to bump and run whenever possible unless the shot demands it. I use a 52* or even my gap wedge a lot around the greens. The digger grind seems best suited for me but in the 56* slot I am worried about opening up the face and bunker performance.

I have a steep attack into the ball and struggle with fat partial and full wedge shots. I try to bump and run whenever possible unless the shot demands it. I use a 52* or even my gap wedge a lot around the greens. The digger grind seems best suited for me but in the 56* slot I am worried about opening up the face and bunker performance.
I have both the 52* and 56* in S/D grind, and I'm finding myself wanting just a little bit more versatility out of the 56* than what the S/D offers. More so on fairway lies than bunkers.

Different course today, very good but different conditions, and same great results with the Wingman Wedges. Full swings, chipping, and greenside bunkers, all very confidence inspiring. The feel is so good on pretty much all shots, and for me it's even better with the Recoil 95 shafts.

IMG_0964.jpegIMG_0965.jpegIMG_0966.jpegThese are impressive in hand.

Fun post here:

Finally got some side by side numbers for these today, clean up the data & drop in here for peoples to see & comment.

Uneekor overhead monitor, indoor with Kirkland Signature ball.

These are pretty nice looking wedges. Offset isn’t bad at all

Back