Tour Edge Exotics Wingman Wedges Review

Looking forward to more time with these wedges, will be sending them to Florida to put side by side with my Hogan EQII wedges down there.

I really like what I’ve seen and now read about these Wingman wedges. That standard deviation is ridiculous! @Jman how would you categorize these wedges. A standard bladed wedge, more GI like the CBX or MD CB, or is this something new?

I really like what I’ve seen and now read about these Wingman wedges. That standard deviation is ridiculous! @Jman how would you categorize these wedges. A standard bladed wedge, more GI like the CBX or MD CB, or is this something new?
To me they’re still not as forgiving as a CBX and the likes, but the slightly oversized face size and the use of VIBRCOR to move some weight makes it more playable than a standard bladed wedge. If that clear as mud answer makes sense 🤣

To me they’re still not as forgiving as a CBX and the likes, but the slightly oversized face size and the use of VIBRCOR to move some weight makes it more playable than a standard bladed wedge. If that clear as mud answer makes sense 🤣
200.gif

Maybe more in line with a Mizuno ES21 wedge.

What is the forgiveness part the CBX has that you felt isn't here with the Wingman?

Totally agree with this. To me they are pretty much right between a GI wedge like my CBX2s, and a bladed wedge like my RTX Zipcore. Plenty of forgiveness from the size, shape, and weight distribution, but for me they play more like a bladed wedge on open-face shots (bunkers, flops, etc), which I could never hit reliably with my CBX2s.

I like the look of them, I kind of like all of business on the front, I know you said it could be toned down a little. All those little engravings make me feel very premium.

I think these are going to be great for people who are in the market looking for new wedges.

I like the look of them, I kind of like all of business on the front, I know you said it could be toned down a little. All those little engravings make me feel very premium.

I think these are going to be great for people who are in the market looking for new wedges.
The price point helps a lot as well.

Oh, and I still love that more data goes into a @Jman review than what companies put on their websites. You do a fantastic job inviting us to the experience.

Oh, and I still love that more data goes into a @Jman review than what companies put on their websites. You do a fantastic job inviting us to the experience.
Thank you for the kind words!

The price point helps a lot as well.
While I don't disagree - I would think that Cleveland would be a competitor to this.

1699979321458.png

Not as forgiving as the CBX but probably more forgiving than the RTX - the price point is within 20 bucks.

Those dynamic gold are steel shafts, right?

Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge shafts, only option.
Yes, but those are steel shafts right. So the comparison for pricing would be 10 bucks up to a more forgiving Cleveland wedge or 20 bucks up a the RTX.

I'm just trying to compare apples to apples for shafts - but I don't want the wrong data.

Yes, but those are steel shafts right. So the comparison for pricing would be 10 bucks up to a more forgiving Cleveland wedge or 20 bucks up a the RTX.

I'm just trying to compare apples to apples for shafts - but I don't want the wrong data.
Sorry, yes they're steel shafts. Are the Cleveland wedges market target GI/SGI?

I feel with the design from Langer, the TEE wedge line is targeting the better player market with finish, feel and design (but that's just me), like they're taking on the $150+ wedge market.

While I don't disagree - I would think that Cleveland would be a competitor to this.

View attachment 9221442

Not as forgiving as the CBX but probably more forgiving than the RTX - the price point is within 20 bucks.

Those dynamic gold are steel shafts, right?
But these design wise offer things none of those do. It’s apples to tangelos.

I put these back in the bag today and the wedge game was quite good. Though, I do think 54 would be the preference if they are to stick long term for me, and that’s just gapping wise.

That spin consistency with the 60 was nuts! Agree with others a little busy from the back but if they perform I'm guessing that goes away real quick, or $5 can get you some acetone to tone it down

I recently got back from a golf trip down south where I played only on Bermuda. My only experience on Bermuda previously was during the Morgan Cup trip where I definitely struggled at times.

During the trip the wedges performed really well. I used the 52 off the toe a lot when I had to deal with some grain. I used the 56 more when the ball was sitting up or with the grain. I had one round where I got up and down 10 out of 11 times and shot a career low round.

Those look and sound really nice. The adjustable weight is a huge plus. Not surprised that Tour Edge produced such awesome wedges at a very consumer-friendly price.

Those look and sound really nice. The adjustable weight is a huge plus. Not surprised that Tour Edge produced such awesome wedges at a very consumer-friendly price.
Absolutely a steal on price EXCEPT if you want to fine tune with weights, $20 a weight with 4 or 5 different choices is a bit steep.

Impressive performance . I will admit some shape snobbery from me and the shape for me would be tough to get past.

They look great. I love tech in a wedge. Wish they offered a 48 or 50 in the F/S grind. I get on much better with lower bounce and rarely use a wedge with higher loft.

Catching up on my article reading and looks like another solid product from Tour Edge. Really appreciate their Exotics line and premium look at at a value price point. I have said this time and time again that at my next fitting I am going to request to hit their products.

Absolutely a steal on price EXCEPT if you want to fine tune with weights, $20 a weight with 4 or 5 different choices is a bit steep.

I am perfectly fine using lead tape instead. 😃

If people full swing their wedges and like this style, this is going to be one of the most underrated pieces of equipment in quite some time. I am shocked with how consistent the distance is, how great the ball flight is and no sacrifice at all.

Really good wedges.

Back