Titleist TSR Fairway Woods

For those of you who like the TSR drivers, do you also like the TSR fairways? What I am trying to get at is that sometimes I love a driver release, but I am not so stoked about the fairways in the same release.

I have tried many of the ‘23 drivers and I am not sure that any of them is better for me than the TSR3. I keep thinking about the TSR2+ fairway.

Love them! Long and easy to elevate, and they have the best sound out there IMO.

Have you thought about giving the 14.5 a try?
Nah, no need to. I hit peaks off the tee with this at 36/37 so I don’t leave anything on the table really

Next golfweek event Saturday has some seriously long holes. I’m not driving particularly great the last week but my 3 wood is doing 240-260 off the fairway. Kind of thinking of going off the tee with it for the longer par 4s at the event. Big change since I don’t usually use it for that but might be necessary. The course has some short par 5s where it’s gonna be driver or 3 wood to set up a very straight forward 2nd shot. Quite simply birdies and eagles are gonna happen and that has to be anticipated. In theory the course sets up for an aggressive player. Maybe just maybe the I don’t give a damn club is the answer. Lately I’ve almost been down lofting the three wood at impact so maybe I go that way and pump out a few more yards I need.

So I had the 16.5* TSr3 for about a year and it performed really well. The shape was great, a little bit on the larger side as I was using the 915 Fd for many years. So for the most part my fairway woods are used off the tee to find a landing spot. That’s precisely what I did with this one, every round I pulled it out the ball was teed up, don’t really remember ever hitting it into a green. It was nice being able to hit a nice high stock shot or flight it down to try and cut into the wind. Being able the work the ball wasn’t too hard either, I prefer to fade the ball and I had the adjustable weight towards the toe a little bit and it helped me out quite a bit. The sound and feel of this club is really great, not muted and not tingy, just a really good sound lol. If definitely recommend it to someone, as long as they don’t have a higher swing speed. What I mean by that is I currently have my 3rd head as I have flattened out the 2 before. So I’ve actually sidelined it and put the 915 back in the bag. But it’s definitely worth trying out, it really is a great club, I just don’t think it’s for me unfortunately.

Last edited:
So I had the 15* TSr3 for about a year and it performed really well. The shape was great, a little bit on the larger side as I was using the 915 Fd for many years. So for the most part my fairway woods are used off the tee to find a landing spot. That’s precisely what I did with this one, every round I pulled it out the ball was teed up, don’t really remember ever hitting it into a green. It was nice being able to hit a nice high stock shot or flight it down to try and cut into the wind. Being able the work the ball wasn’t too hard either, I prefer to fade the ball and I had the adjustable weight towards the toe a little bit and it helped me out quite a bit. The sound and feel of this club is really great, not muted and not tingy, just a really good sound lol. If definitely recommend it to someone, as long as they don’t have a higher swing speed. What I mean by that is I currently have my 3rd head as I have flattened out the 2 before. So I’ve actually sidelined it and put the 915 back in the bag. But it’s definitely worth trying out, it really is a great club, I just don’t think it’s for me unfortunately.
Can you expand on what you mean by flattened it out? How was the launch compared to your previous FW?

Can you expand on what you mean by flattened it out? How was the launch compared to your previous FW?
Caved the face in. The second picture is how the face should be lol

IMG_7515.jpegIMG_7514.jpeg

Launch was great, definitely off the tee it was higher. I wanna say when hitting at the range off the grass they’d be pretty similar in launch and height but the TSr definitely went further.

I am not strong like bull / @Kmench so no stories of face caving here...but I have been hitting this fairway really well lately. I had some hook issues early on with it, but I've settled in with a great little cut swing that is an absolute fairway finder with great distance. I hit a blast into the absolute teeth of a 25mph wind yesterday on a 55* degree day that went out to 210, and another really nice bigger cut as a 2nd shot on a par 5 to get around some trees after a pushy drive.

I love that the TSR2 is really forgiving but you can still actually work the ball somewhat if you need to. My previous more forgiving fairway woods always had a shot shape they wanted to follow - usually a draw. If I wanted the ability to hit that cut, I usually needed to go with something less forgiving. TSR2 lets me have both.

So Sunday my TSR 3 wood hit arguably the biggest shot of my competitive golf. I was a alittle right off the tee and my ball got apparently picked up by another competitor. By rule though I was forced to take a drop at a place my group agreed and hit three as bs as my group thought the situation was. I proceeded to hit a 255 out of rough to a blind green and landed on the fringe. I ended up saving par and avoiding a derailing hole to eventually win my first tour event. Semi appropriate that my honey badger which sits on my three wood played such a big part in the sequence.

Putting a 3W/4W back in the bag, a TSR3 16.5.

Been playing a 917 15* with a Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84 that I have loved.
Had some pro-shop credit and decided to get fit for a new one.
Did fitting yesterday with a Titleist rep at our club and got fit for the TSR3 15* with the AD IZ-7 X-Stiff
Excited to get it in my hands. I've got the TSR3 driver and love it. Tried out the TSI3 and hated it...

I really like the Tsr 4w. Only hit it twice, this was the best strike. IMG_8240.png

Yup I have the TSR2 4W turned up to 17.25. Really liking it with an Evenflow Riptide CB shaft.

Was absolute money from the tee yesterday for most of the round. Out drove players in higher divisions than me who were hitting drivers so much so they even commented on it. Still continues to be the most dangerous club in my bag for that reason has the honey badger headcover on it.

There is a part of me that is pondering a TSR2+ fairway, after observing 2 things in my last round:

1) Sometimes, despite that I'm usually a pretty solid driver of the ball, I have a rough day with the big stick and an alternative would be awesome.
2) I'm trying to eliminate full swing, higher lofted wedges based on some discussion with @MSEASU and Marni at Titleist, and as a result I'm finding that full swing wedge gaps matter less and I'm pretty much never using my 60*. I could easily eliminate it and add another top bag option.

The other option would be to slot something into a 3H type spot, but I'm not sure whether I need the tight gaps that would create past 210 yards more than an easier tee market.

I really need to hit the TSR2 4W off the tee more. Shot Scope tells me I hit 25% more fairways with this than my driver, and even a couple percent more than my 4 and 5 irons.

Also, I tried something I saw on an instructional video yesterday where I teed the ball up just a touch higher than normal and took the ball slightly more forward, to get a little bit of a driver type, more level to slightly ascending strike. It carried 252 😳

I think it’s going to be a long while before the TSR2 21* 7wood leaves my bag. Mine has an Evenflow Riptide CB R flex. I had a few good shots with it today but none better than the approach shot on 18. I had flared my drive right with my BRNR and had 195-200 left with a large oak tree directly between me and the hole. Ball a bit above my feet. I hit a beauty directly over the top of the tree with a baby draw that wound up about 10 feet below the hole. Missed the putt but man did that shot feel and fly really well!

I really need to hit the TSR2 4W off the tee more. Shot Scope tells me I hit 25% more fairways with this than my driver, and even a couple percent more than my 4 and 5 irons.

Also, I tried something I saw on an instructional video yesterday where I teed the ball up just a touch higher than normal and took the ball slightly more forward, to get a little bit of a driver type, more level to slightly ascending strike. It carried 252 😳
Case in point to both of these. I hit the 4W once in my Thanksgiving round with the intent of hitting it to a 235-240 number, reflecting that it was in the 40's. Teed it up slightly higher like I mention in the quoted post and absolutely bombed it. 255, through the fairway :ROFLMAO:

I really need to try the 2+ next time I'm in the golf shop because holy crap, that thing could be going STUPID far.

Pitman10-112323.PNG

Took a flyer on a TSR2+ 13* from fleabay, this should be fun 😅

Took a flyer on a TSR2+ 13* from fleabay, this should be fun 😅
Such a great club. Was almost as long as my driver though so I didn’t use it as much as I hoped.

Attachments

• IMG_0198.png
    IMG_0198.png
    297.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0199.png
    IMG_0199.png
    272.4 KB · Views: 6
Such a great club. Was almost as long as my driver though so I didn’t use it as much as I hoped.
Very curious about how it will fit in. I'm hoping it will be more consistent for me than driver but still able to hit off the deck for long approaches. I used to have an Aeroburner Mini 13* which was exactly this, but it was too draw biased for me.

Back