Titleist TSR Fairway Woods

As soon as I even think about flirting with other fairways, the 2+ smacks me in the face.

Not only has it remained lethal off the tee for me like it was at Ballyhack, but off the deck the 13.0 plays like a 15. Yesterday I was 267 out on a par 5 that demanded a draw, hit it to the front edge. I laughed maniacally as it’s been a long couple months for my swing.

The 2+ is my jam.

That is AWESOME.

I had a pretty tough pair of sim rounds this weekend as the inside takeaway has snuck back into my swing and everything is drawing or hooking on me, but the TSR2 provided some serious highlights regardless, and on a rough day for the driver too. Playing Torrey Pines, on the par 5 13th I had hit a pretty decent drive for once and had about 265 uphill to the pin. Hit the TSR2 16.5 and absolutely flushed it. Ended up only about 5 yards short of making the surface, which was a carry of 250 uphill. Absolutely monstrous for me.

I hit it more than usual as well because of hitting driver poorly, I needed to recover on 2nds, and on 5 swings, 4 were smoked and got at least 230 carry each and were right around the target.

Sooo good!

👀

I finally received my Ventus Red for my 2+ fairway, but haven't had a chance to get it out because of weather. Feels good on some yard swings though.

Played a golfweek tour event yesterday. Absolutely striped this on two par 5s but not in a good position after to take advantage so walked away with pars (Bad bounces). The flight was beautiful though especially hitting off wet fairways no less.

I ended up having to hit this a lot in sim golf Friday because of some dicey driving (see TSR Driver thread for full details...). It sure acquitted itself well every time. Highlight was an absolutely striped one off the deck from about 280 on a par 5 that traveled about 250 with roll, and left me able to hit a nice pitch inside 5 feet and make birdie (one of my few).

The damn thing just inspires confidence like I've never had in a fairway wood. I can shape it both ways and it gets up in a hurry and lands soft -what more can you ask for in a fairway wood!?

I won't repeat the swing related stuff from the driver thread - go over there if you're curious - but those swing thoughts yielded some great TSR2 4W shots as well, including this absolute rocket. This club is so filthy easy to launch off the deck.

PXL_20230404_221427959.jpg

I won't repeat the swing related stuff from the driver thread - go over there if you're curious - but those swing thoughts yielded some great TSR2 4W shots as well, including this absolute rocket. This club is so filthy easy to launch off the deck.

View attachment 9169507
Loving my 4 wood as well. When I swing like a human.

I will be getting the 2+ out this weekend for the first time with the Ventus Red TR in it and looking forward to seeing how it plays.

I will be getting the 2+ out this weekend for the first time with the Ventus Red TR in it and looking forward to seeing how it plays.

I predict 💣

Once I get my second replacement I’ll get back to enjoying it, flattened the face for the second time on my 16.5*. Sent it in for replacement.

Once I get my second replacement I’ll get back to enjoying it, flattened the face for the second time on my 16.5*. Sent it in for replacement.

Holy hell man. That really seems like a durability issue, have they said anything about it? I mean you punish the ball more than most, but I have to imagine they'd be seeing issues like this elsewhere unless you just somehow ended up with 2 lemons

Holy hell man. That really seems like a durability issue, have they said anything about it? I mean you punish the ball more than most, but I have to imagine they'd be seeing issues like this elsewhere unless you just somehow ended up with 2 lemons
I haven’t contacted them, I just give the head to the guys at the shop I go to and they deal with it. I don’t know what it could be, might just use my 915 15* I still have. Heck Justin Thomas is still using his for whatever reason.

I haven’t contacted them, I just give the head to the guys at the shop I go to and they deal with it. I don’t know what it could be, might just use my 915 15* I still have. Heck Justin Thomas is still using his for whatever reason.

It's so crazy, you have to think they would have tested it at those swing speeds since they're handing them to pros. Would be very curious to hear what they have to say about it

It's so crazy, you have to think they would have tested it at those swing speeds since they're handing them to pros. Would be very curious to hear what they have to say about it
They’d probably say the very hard range balls might have something to do with it. The pros obviously are not using them lol.

They’d probably say the very hard range balls might have something to do with it. The pros obviously are not using them lol.

fd0fa0c0-5f14-4136-a49c-1c285dd7d797_text.gif

I predict 💣

OMG this this came alive with the Ventus Red TR!!!!! Outdrove the guy I was playing with twice when he hit driver, nice little 5y draws. Great ball flight, good rollout and consistent.
This is going to be a great tee club on tight driving holes or when less than driver is necessary.

So I might keep the TSR Fairway sidelined for the time being in fear of flattening another face. I have the 915Fd 15* attached to the Tensi 1K now and it performed perfectly on Sunday. I was 280 out on the first hole which is a par five and stuck it to 20 feet. Really love the sound of it too.

They released it!!!! The tour issue TSr2+ 14.5

E506BC74-409C-4711-B02E-73D4E7DD29E7.jpeg

That's awesome! 16.5* is about all I need but I'm guessing that will be B.A.!!

Back