Titleist 910 D2 & D3 Drivers

I shouldn't be able to hit this Titleist driver at my age and skill level, BUT I was over at the local golf shop launch monitor trying out the new RBZ HL Driver with M flex shaft (I'm 63, 82mph swing speed). I was hitting that about 180 yards or so with a couple yards deviation left or right each time. I picked up this good looking black driver for fun, hit a few. WOW! consistent 225 or so yards, straight down the middle, spin at about 1800 per min, "Smash" factor 1.49. Very reproducible results. I don't hit anything that well, including my trusty R11. Looked at the sleek black driver, and it's a 9.5 degree D3 Titleist with a stiff shaft! What's up with that? Should I buy a used one and see if I was dreaming? Or was this a temporary aberration?

Why the heck didn't you buy the thing right there?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Well, it was a demo, I think, in the fitting room. But I'm going back Monday AM to see my regular guy there about buying it or one like it. Got a gift card left from Christmas, so that helps too.

I have had my D2 (8.5* 'ahina 72 S) for about 6 months now and I fuh-reaking love it. The first few times out on the course, I couldn't miss a fairway (I was even hitting draws! I never hit draws!), and I was pretty sporadic with my old Cleveland HiBore. With my Cleveland, I had a higher ball flight, but it still went a long ways. With this thing, the ball is like it is on a laser beam. I mean, there were times I was like, "did I seriously just hit that drive, that looked like THAT"? And I picked up a good 20 yards from my HiBore. I eagled one of our Par 4's up here. Sure, it is a shorter course, but its a 390 yard Par 4, drove it within 9" of the cup for a tap in eagle. As we drove up to my ball, I said "holy s**t". I highly recommend the D2. Unless Titleist seriously screws up their offering, I will play Titleist drivers from here on out.

love seeing all of the good things people are experiencing with the D2, cant wait to get mine on the course for the first time in Phoenix next month!

hi all, i'm also using a 910 D2 10.5deg on the stock motor R shaft. i've been playing a lot and find that i should be using a stiff flex instead. am interested to swop the shaft out for the graphite design tour AD DI shaft... how should i go about this change.. because of the surefit technology thingy on the current shaft?

thanks much and i love this driver!

I love reading about all the :in-love: for the 910 driver. It truly is a special golf club and warrants the awesome billboard it has achieved in this thread. There have been very few in this thread, who have not had success with this driver. I think those of you on the border line, should save those bucks and treat yourself to a treat :D :golf2:.

Last edited:
hi all, i'm also using a 910 D2 10.5deg on the stock motor R shaft. i've been playing a lot and find that i should be using a stiff flex instead. am interested to swop the shaft out for the graphite design tour AD DI shaft... how should i go about this change.. because of the surefit technology thingy on the current shaft?

thanks much and i love this driver!

I am sure you can order the desired shaft and have them pull the tip from your current shaft or you could just get your golf shop to get another tip from Titleist. I see you are from Singapore and I imagine if you can afford to own a car and play golf there, a little extra cost would not be any issue for you. Singapore is a Fine place!

I was just at Golf Smith to hit this thing over lunch. On my way out, I stopped by the used section. And if the Golf Smith near you is anything like the one near me, their used section is HUGE! If I had to guess, I would say that there was probably 200-250 drivers alone. (Not counting irons, wedges, etc.) I saw every make/model of driver there is on the market hanging there. Except the 910. There must be something to this thing...

On a side note, they had a 15 degree 910fd for $120 in excellent condition. It was regular flex or I would have walked out of there with it!

Well, I pulled the trigger this morning after another session on the launch monitor swinging various new drivers and setups until I nearly had to go lay down. Same consistent great results with the new 9.5 degree D3. I kept getting a bit too much spin with D2 with various settings and shafts. Got the red Mitsubishi 50 gram R shaft and currently have it set on A1. Hope to get it onto the course within 24 hours. Man, it is beautiful! :alien2:Thanks Guys!!

Well, I pulled the trigger this morning after another session on the launch monitor swinging various new drivers and setups until I nearly had to go lay down. Same consistent great results with the new 9.5 degree D3. I kept getting a bit too much spin with D2 with various settings and shafts. Got the red Mitsubishi 50 gram R shaft and currently have it set on A1. Hope to get it onto the course within 24 hours. Man, it is beautiful! :alien2:Thanks Guys!!

Congrats man!! Can't wait to hear about the performance on the course.

I was just at Golf Smith to hit this thing over lunch. On my way out, I stopped by the used section. And if the Golf Smith near you is anything like the one near me, their used section is HUGE! If I had to guess, I would say that there was probably 200-250 drivers alone. (Not counting irons, wedges, etc.) I saw every make/model of driver there is on the market hanging there. Except the 910. There must be something to this thing...

On a side note, they had a 15 degree 910fd for $120 in excellent condition. It was regular flex or I would have walked out of there with it!

oh man $120 thats a heck of a deal for that in good shape...im assuming it was stiff???

oh man $120 thats a heck of a deal for that in good shape...im assuming it was stiff???

Um, no. It was regular, and I need stiff. (Sorry, reread my post and I miss communicated.) If it was stiff, I would have left with it.

I even thought about getting it and just getting a shaft for it, but after hitting up ebay, by the time I got the shaft w/ shipping, I would be pushing the $200 mark. At that point, might as well get a new one. I was pretty bummed.

Um, no. It was regular, and I need stiff. (Sorry, reread my post and I miss communicated.) If it was stiff, I would have left with it.

I even thought about getting it and just getting a shaft for it, but after hitting up ebay, by the time I got the shaft w/ shipping, I would be pushing the $200 mark. At that point, might as well get a new one. I was pretty bummed.

yeah I havent had a chance to hit it yet, but considered trying one out since I love the d2 driver so much. I said I would never replace my burner 3W....but who knows

Welcome to the Titleist fan club! I know you will enjoy this driver for a long time. Once you start belting the ball long and in the fairway, it kind of grows on ya :clapp:.

I really need to go hit a D2.

I am sure you can order the desired shaft and have them pull the tip from your current shaft or you could just get your golf shop to get another tip from Titleist. I see you are from Singapore and I imagine if you can afford to own a car and play golf there, a little extra cost would not be any issue for you. Singapore is a Fine place!

This gets a bit tricky. Titleist has said they are not providing just the adapters and sleeves, and that if you want a new shaft, you must go directly through Titleist to get the shaft AND adapter. I am assuming that includes buying your own shaft, taking it to your local golf fitter and having them order a new adapter and sleeve. I am kind of in the same predicament, as I am on the edge of needing an X flex over my current S. Billy Bobs sells the adapters and sleeves, and I started a thread asking if anyone had any experience using these, as I have heard that people were having problems with the threads matching up with the Titleist screw. I have heard of people re-using their adapters, but than you are basically making your other shaft useless and I think what people want is the ability to try a variety of shafts, without having to go through the process of trying to re-use adapters. I really wish Titleist would make the adapters available for purchase.

Welcome to the Titleist fan club! I know you will enjoy this driver for a long time. Once you start belting the ball long and in the fairway, it kind of grows on ya :clapp:.

Well, I sure hope I do better on day 2 and day 3 with my new D3 than I did today. I haven't sliced this big in years! There was no indication of that on the launch monitor, and I don't think my swing was that much different. But when I bought my Mashie's it took me a few days to figure out the best way to hit them, and it's been great since. Let me try this a couple more days too. If I can't get it with the 9.5 degree D3, I'll offer somebody a good deal on it.
Man I want this to work out.:disapointed:

Well, I sure hope I do better on day 2 and day 3 with my new D3 than I did today. I haven't sliced this big in years! There was no indication of that on the launch monitor, and I don't think my swing was that much different. But when I bought my Mashie's it took me a few days to figure out the best way to hit them, and it's been great since. Let me try this a couple more days too. If I can't get it with the 9.5 degree D3, I'll offer somebody a good deal on it.
Man I want this to work out.:disapointed:

give it some time, just gotta break it in.

Did u try out the D2 by chance too?

give it some time, just gotta break it in.

Did u try out the D2 by chance too?

He did try the D2 however the problem was too much spin. It makes me wonder if he had the opportunity to hit it on the course what would have shown then. I would have thought the D2 would have been too much spin for me too however it works great.

He did try the D2 however the problem was too much spin. It makes me wonder if he had the opportunity to hit it on the course what would have shown then. I would have thought the D2 would have been too much spin for me too however it works great.

ah ok, makes sense, I loved the D3 as well, however with my inconsistent game, the max forgiveness that the D2 gives me outweighed the couple yards of distance gain I was seeing with the D3

Back