Titleist 910 D2 & D3 Drivers

I have had my D3 now for a couple of months. Honestly can say that this is the best driver I've had so far. For some reason the head makes me really want to wack it down the fairway. I cannot compare it to the D2 but for me the level of forgiveness of the D3 is just fine. I put a regular RIP shaft in it as forces me to have a controlled smooth drive. The flight path is just perfect, not too high and just keeps going. I am outdriving my buddies by 20 yards quite frequently. All in all a happy camper with a driver that will stay in the bag for quite some time...

Mike I think the RIP D2 combo will be the winner for sure, the added forgiveness will win you over I think.

yeah seems logically that that combo would work for me, time will tell!

I got the D2 with the RIP shaft last spring and couldn't do anything but ballon the ball with it. After speaking to a few better players and the rep, they all said most lower handicaps like myself were using the D3 for a more penetrating ball flight. I went back to my R-9 and was much happier, I have since busted the face on the R-9 and Taylor made replaced it with a R-11 :act-up:

The only reason I tried the D2 was I got it at such a good price thru my local pro that I sold it used and broke even. Out of the 6 players at our course who tried them, only one is still using it.

I got the D2 with the RIP shaft last spring and couldn't do anything but ballon the ball with it. After speaking to a few better players and the rep, they all said most lower handicaps like myself were using the D3 for a more penetrating ball flight. I went back to my R-9 and was much happier, I have since busted the face on the R-9 and Taylor made replaced it with a R-11 :act-up:

The only reason I tried the D2 was I got it at such a good price thru my local pro that I sold it used and broke even. Out of the 6 players at our course who tried them, only one is still using it.

Interesting to hear, as most of the people that have gamed this starting in 2011 on this site, are still playing it today.

Ive hit the D2 with the RIP and didnt experience the balooning that I originally had with the Ahina shaft when I played it last month. I think for me it will ultimately come down to the extra forgiveness of the D2 vs the extra distance I saw with the D3

My wonderful wife surprised me this year with a 910D2 with the Kai'li shaft. It feels great to swing it outside in my front yard. Unfortunately I've got a pinched nerve in my neck and am trying to go easy on it. That being said, the club and I are going to the range next weekend and getting acquainted.

My wonderful wife surprised me this year with a 910D2 with the Kai'li shaft. It feels great to swing it outside in my front yard. Unfortunately I've got a pinched nerve in my neck and am trying to go easy on it. That being said, the club and I are going to the range next weekend and getting acquainted.

thats awesome, good luck this weekend, let us know how it goes!

thats awesome, good luck this weekend, let us know how it goes!

I most certainly will do. That club is getting hit, if I have to take a muscle relaxer, pain reliever, and sleep the entire day afterwards.

I most certainly will do. That club is getting hit, if I have to take a muscle relaxer, pain reliever, and sleep the entire day afterwards.

atta boy, I just saw high 40's this weekend, if I get the D3 in time, im taking it out to the range one way or another

My wife surprised me with a sweater from Old Navy....she got it on sale on Black Friday. Wow, quite a nice surprise indeed! Hopefully you'll get your necked healed up and get out and bomb this thing, let us know how it goes when you do.

My wife surprised me with a sweater from Old Navy....she got it on sale on Black Friday. Wow, quite a nice surprise indeed! Hopefully you'll get your necked healed up and get out and bomb this thing, let us know how it goes when you do.

hahahaha...you still gaming your 910?

hey at least you got a sweater, all I got was the bill for all of the christmas shopping lol

Winter is coming here but as long as the fairway's are green I am still sneaking out for a few holes. Dialed down the flight to stay below some wind and am still firing my 910 off the tee. Man I love this stick.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

I may have to order me a stiff or ever X-stiff shaft in the near future for my 910. All my gym work has me a whole lot stronger. I will have to get fit for the shaft with KellyBo's golf coach. He is a Titliest staffer and can put the right engine under my 910's hood. I am not sure if my swing speed has increased enough to warrent the stronger shaft but I sure feel stronger.

I may have to order me a stiff or ever X-stiff shaft in the near future for my 910. All my gym work has me a whole lot stronger. I will have to get fit for the shaft with KellyBo's golf coach. He is a Titliest staffer and can put the right engine under my 910's hood. I am not sure if my swing speed has increased enough to warrent the stronger shaft but I sure feel stronger.

You sure were knocking some bombs a couple weeks ago. I'd say the workouts are showing!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Hit the longest drive I've had to date with the D2 yesterday. 18th hole of the day at Ko'Olau. Forced carry of 296 to get on the fairway over a ravine. You can lay up on the adjacent fairway with a 235 yarder, but I figured I'd take a mulligan if I missed it. I swung straight out of my shoes like I never have before. Uncontrolled as all get out but got lucky and cleared it by about 10-15 yds. My buddies SkyCaddie read 313. Now the tee box is a little elevated but still...that ball was BEAT!

Man, I know that ball screamed when you hit it. Great drive buddy.

Another great round today with the D2, hit 8 out of 9 fairways i took driver at, the 1 miss was a big fade right.

Strangely i only hit 1 out of 5 with my 3 wood..none of the misses were bad though just first cut rough.

found that if i go after it too much with the Kai'li shaft it does result in a big hook so it lets me know when my tempo is too quick which i like as well.

New accomplishment for me with the 910, yesterday on 18 I decided 'what the hell, let me rear-back & swing hard let's see how far I can get this'. 18 is a dog-leg-right par 4 with 405 yds to center of green, reared-back, swung hard as hell, ball disappeared over some pines on the right side. After everyone else hits their 2nd shots, we drive up to find my ball middle of the fairway about 103-104 yds from center of the green :) That works out to about 301-302 yd drive (depending on the accuracy of my GPS app), new record for me with the 910! Just for reference, my average drive with a controlled swing is about 240-250, so I'm pretty stoked!

Well managed to play a round saturday, hit the D3 for the first time.

First ball I hit was about 240 down the middle on #1, couldnt be mad at that

Had a few bad ones on the front and then hit it well on the back, I think I used it on 12 holes total and hit 6 fairways with 2 slight misses, so for me, wasnt too bad at all. Hoping to get to the range with the D2 this weekend since its going to be 50*, im guessing im going to lean towards the D2, but who knows

Not really about the 910 driver...but still...

On Saturday I played a round and on the 10th hole, the fairway is pretty narrow with rows of trees guarding each side. My normal draw tends to come off the driver face to the right and I thought I had accomodated for this...but not enough because I am actually fighting a slice with my driver lately (I've goofed up something in my setup). Caught a branch about 120 yards out and it killed my ball.

I found that my ball was sitting directly under the tree that had snagged it and I was still 210 yards from the hole. There was no way to go straight at the green due to the low hanging branches. My only option was a low cut. I set up with my 910H and let it rip as hard as I could. The ball did exactly what I wanted it to. Shot out left under the branches and then cut at the apex of the arc. Unfortunately I was still 2 feet from the green but was able to chip 'n' putt for par. Gotta love the playability of these clubs.

MikeDean441 - Did you purchase the D3 head and use the same shaft as your D2, or did you buy a whole new club? I have contemplated just purchasing the other head, and using my current driver shaft, but I was wondering what others thoughts were on this?

I am still loving my success with the 910, it just feels so good at impact. Even mishits feel fine and launch fine as well.

Hit the 910D2 last week along with the Nike VR Pro Limited Edition. The Nike sure was pretty. But, we couldn't find a shaft to work for me. The D2 however was just money in the bank. We tinkered with a couple of shafts and settled on the Ahina Stiff, in the 9.5 with a B1 setting. I loved that lack of draw/fade. Everything was just straight. So, my pulls or pushes were not too far offline. Whereas my 905S missed would be pull-draws or push-fades. The launch monitor was down. So, I don't know my numbers. When the weather clears up, I hope to hit it again on the LM, then take it to the course for a test drive. But, based on that first fitting, it won't be long before a new driver is in my bag for the first time in about 4 years.

Pulled the trigger on a D2 yesterday. Lookin' forward to my first round with it.

Pulled the trigger on a D2 yesterday. Lookin' forward to my first round with it.

shaft and loft?

Man, your gonna love it. I just know you will.

I didn't get out to the range this weekend, but I did set up the driving net that I got for Christmas. I adjusted my D2 up to 10.25* and decided to go out and take some swings at it, even if I wouldn't get to see the flight of the ball.

Man it felt good hitting it. Once I got my bearings swinging it and starting hitting the sweet spot more often it felt great. It sounded great too. I'm really looking forward to getting it to the range to dial in the loft and lie, as well as see how far I hit this thing.

shaft and loft?

Man, your gonna love it. I just know you will.

9.5* with the Ahina Stiff.

I never did get on a LM with it. But, as straight as I was hitting it, I didn't think I needed to wait....and I didn't want to. LOL!

I was going to change out the grip. But, the fitter said to play a 2-3 rounds first to make sure the B1 setting was definitely what I wanted. After that setting is finalized, then I'll put a new grip on it.

Back