Titleist 910 D2 & D3 Drivers

So I had a fitting last week with a pro and I wanted to share my results.

I tested my 10.5 SuperTri with a Miyazaki black 61, my G10 w/prolaunch red stiff, and the 910 D2 10.5 w/Diamana Kai'li 65 stiff

My G10 launched the lowest with the least spin (100mph, 11.4 degrees, 2200rpm).

My supertri launched a bit higher with more spin (101mph, 14.7 degrees, 2870rpm).

The D2 launched right between them, with the most spin (103mph, 12.9 degrees, 3079rmp). It gave me the most carry, and was about 8 yards longer than the other two drivers.

My pro thought I should pull the trigger on the D2 even with the higher spin rate because my landing area was so tight. For what it's worth, it looked and felt fantastic (but so does the Miyazaki).

I definitely recommend hitting it. I think I'll stick with my R9 for now, but if it stops working I'll have to consider selling it for the D2.

Interesting numbers for sure. I was looking at this driver on Golf Galaxy's website again, its very nice looking. Wonder if your numbers would have been even better with the Miyazaki shaft in the D2.

These drivers are wicked looking, I'm sure they're going to be bombers too. I played a few rounds with a 909D2 earlier this and while I never really fell in love with the looks you couldn't complain a lick about the length and performance of this thing. My buddy still games a 907D2 and swears by it, I've hit that a few times too, the looks do nothing for me.

Im liking the alignment aid on top and the looks are classy but still modern. Looks like they beat Taylor Made to the fully adjustable driver this time. tons of shaft options too. The evil empire bringing the heat!!

Not going to lie, this driver is really interesting to me.

Not going to lie, this driver is really interesting to me.

Me too bro. I know were not all in love with Titleist here on THP for various reasons but one thing I know I like is a driver that looks good and performs. I dont care who makes it in the end.

Hopefully the retailers have the full range of shaft choices for people to try. Also, hope the hosel adaptor is readily available for people that want something aftermarket.

Me too bro. I know were not all in love with Titleist here on THP for various reasons but one thing I know I like is a driver that looks good and performs. I dont care who makes it in the end.

Us neither. As long as it works, it works for us. THey were in our 2009 Driver Shoot Out and declined the latest one and demo day with these drivers. Not sure why, but I have my thoughts on the matter.

OEM Kevin, I wish. My fitter doesn't carry Miyazaki (I've asked him to look into that because I think he's missing out).

That said, the stock Diamana felt great. It loaded well for me, and felt great through impact (I prefer stiffer tips, higher kick-points and still didn't mind that shaft, which is a bit more mid-kick).

The adjustability was cool. He used this chart to try different configurations, ending up with a 1.5 degree upright for me.

One last thing...the smash factor was lower on the D2.

I was 1.49 on the G10, 1.47 on the SuperTri, and 1.46 on the D2. Not sure how much of that is my swing vs. the technology, but wanted to share.

I thought it looked and felt great (shaft and head). I also love the look and feel of my SuperTri, so while the numbers say, "yes" the 400$ price tag says "NO" ;)

I also think the spin rate could be troublesome for some folks that swing above 100mph with that particular shaft/head combo. I think my fitter said 2400-2800 was best for my swing, but the landing area consistency and increased carry yardage made him recommend.

The real thing I took away from that session: I need to buy my own nFlight system! So much fun.

Titleist has definitely moved away from 'traditional country club look' and are moving towards the 'younger demographic' with the stealthy black looks. smart move

Since so many are talking about this one in other threads, I thought I would bring this one back up to the top. I am going to try these out today at a local course. Will get some feedback for everybody.

Since so many are talking about this one in other threads, I thought I would bring this one back up to the top. I am going to try these out today at a local course. Will get some feedback for everybody.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on it. Be sure to note the shaft type and the settings of the head, very curious what you find.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on it. Be sure to note the shaft type and the settings of the head, very curious what you find.

same here JB! be sure to let us know what the stock shaft offering was, full specs and whatnot. i love the fact that the D3 is available in LH in 9.5*!!!

i need to demo one. like i said earlier, i spent much of yesterday researching this particular driver and not only is it packed with some cool tech, it looks phenomenal, and the stock shaft offerings are pretty sweet! i've heard it hits/sounds/feels like the 905 series, if that's the case, this could be a huge success.

Looking forward to your thoughts, JB.

Pretty sure I'm going to be hitting it today as well JB. Can't wait to hear your impressions

fantastic. looking forward to your thoughts on the D3 in particular....

Thanks for that. Good info.

This is definitely on my short list. Love the clean look. I haven't played anything Titleist since I replaced my 975D almost ten years ago, but this one could be a winner.

Impressive to say the least huh? Look forward to seeing a few people hit this and hearing thoughts on it.

can we get some 'on the course' or 'on the range' shots of these black beauties when you're out there JB?

can we get some 'on the course' or 'on the range' shots of these black beauties when you're out there JB?

+1, would love to see some pics with your new favorite son the Z-star.

wow, I must say that I think Titleist has brought it with this driver.

The shaft offering is mainly the diamana red/blue/white. but they renamed them.

The new ones have what Diamana calls MDI so maybe not just a rename or maybe so.

Back