Tiger and Stevie Split...

super skimming here...

what a jerk, couldn't he have waited until after the Canadian Open to announce this. :alien:

super skimming here...

what a jerk, couldn't he have waited until after the Canadian Open to announce this. :alien:

Yeah, thats definitely a skim job alright.

Tiger was like, "Oh no you don't. You carry MY BAG, AND NO ONE ELSES." Kind of weird if Tiger really did cut him loose because he didn't like Stevie on Adam Scott's bag. They've got a strange quasi-sexual vibe going anyway.

Stevie dropped the ultimate bomb yesterday. Says at the end of his career he will write a book and have a Tiger Woods chapter that will be "interesting".

:zsimpsons:

Adam Scott is only 31. Maybe Stevie could help him to a couple majors?

Stevie dropped the ultimate bomb yesterday. Says at the end of his career he will write a book and have a Tiger Woods chapter that will be "interesting".

I hope he changes his mind....things like this kinda irritate me. I'm sure he is upset but this is no way to "get back" at Tiger. What happened between he and Tiger should stay that way. He sounds like the chick you scorned in High School and now she's telling everyone your weird habit. No doubt he got the short end in this deal but be the bigger man.

I understand Steve's frustration, but he shouldn't b*tch too much, Woods made him a millionaire and Scott's probably gotta pay well to have him on the bag. As far as Scott getting it done in the big ones, Steve is a small portion of it, Scott's gotta hit the shots, he has them, but he's gotta hit them when it counts.

I understand the frustration and hearing the book part is what it is, but in the context of what Stevie was speaking of, it is not the tell all that many expect in my opinion. He said he likes to read bios and autobios and thought at the end of his career it would be a good book based on everything that he has encountered around the world. And that his experiences with Tiger Woods would be an interesting chapter.

I understand the frustration and hearing the book part is what it is, but in the context of what Stevie was speaking of, it is not the tell all that many expect in my opinion. He said he likes to read bios and autobios and thought at the end of his career it would be a good book based on everything that he has encountered around the world. And that his experiences with Tiger Woods would be an interesting chapter.

I think this would be a fascinating read. Maybe actually give the public a glimpse of the real Tiger. Whoever that may be.

Scott almost got it done at the Masters this year. Now with Steve on the bag it will be interesting to see if added help, from what I'm sure is very extensive knowledge of the Augusta National, will help his chances in the future.

Scott almost got it done at the Masters this year. Now with Steve on the bag it will be interesting to see if added help, from what I'm sure is very extensive knowledge of the Augusta National, will help his chances in the future.

I doubt it. Navarro is also one of the better caddies on tour, and has all the knowledge Scott would've needed. Scott just needed a change.

A lot of you are giving these guys waaaaaaay too much credit. Even the best caddie in the world is still just a caddie.

No sir. The best caddie in the world is also a weather man, a body guard, a servant, a psychologist, and a therapist. And that goes for all of the top caddies out there.
A lot of you are giving these guys waaaaaaay too much credit. Even the best caddie in the world is still just a caddie.

Last edited:
what you just described are just some of the reasons why Tiger's agent is still Tiger's agent....except for the body guard part.....

No sir. The best caddie in the world is also a weather man, a body guard, a servant, a psychologist, and a therapist. And that goes for all of the top caddies out there.QUOTE=easy_13;778097]A lot of you are giving these guys waaaaaaay too much credit. Even the best caddie in the world is still just a caddie.
[/QUOTE]

They just said on the telecast of the European Tour that the British oddsmakers have made Fanny Sunesson the betting favorite to succeed Williams. That would be hilarious.

Damn! First the Fat Boys break up, now this.

-Bony T

More food for thought; http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...long-overdue/2011/07/21/gIQAdtLxRI_story.html

By Thomas Boswell, Published: July 21

What took Tiger so long?

On Wednesday, Woods fired Steve Williams, the belligerent caddie who has been his buddy for the last dozen years and his tell-the-world-to-drop-dead alter ego.

With hindsight, maybe Williams was always the tip-off to Woods. Only a man with issues, and plenty of them, hires a sidekick whose explicit job is to show everything his boss wishes he could show but can’t — especially anger.

Tiger cussed the bad shots for himself. But for the rest, including hostility toward his oversaturated-celebrity life, as well as a hidden private life, part of Williams’s task was maintaining a barbed-wire wall if Woods preferred it. Smack down the cameras, tell off the fans, bulldoze a path, go get ’em Stevie.

There’s nothing wrong with Steve Williams. He just did his job. He’s caddied the pro tour for years, many of them with Greg Norman. With the Shark, Williams was no barracuda. But when Woods needed a burly guy beside him, he could count on Stevie to be the blunt front man who’d take the flak and deflect bad ink from Tiger Inc.

For the last dozen years, Williams was the honest one in the duo because Woods couldn’t tell the truth or show his feelings. Stevie was just one of a cast of phoniness enablers for Woods. But he was the one we saw the most.

Longtime caddies of superstar golfers often tell you something central about the man with the club in his hand. For more than 20 years, Greek-born Angelo Argea, a kind of life-loving Zorba with a gray Afro, was the clue that Jack Nicklaus wasn’t quite as humorless and Germanic as he seemed. Jack was hiding how much some small part of him would love to be the late Angelo, who fit quite well into the culture of the ’60s and ’70s.

From the time they met in 1963, and shared most of Nicklaus’s greatest triumphs, Argea never read a putt, selected a club or even provided a yardage. “Essentially, he has been retired since he was 21,” Nicklaus said.

So, what did Angie do? “When Jack’s not playing well, one, remind him that he’s the greatest player out here and, two, that there are plenty of holes left,” Argea said. That is the lesser half of the truth. Nicklaus loved Argea’s friendly, funny personality, wanted to be around it and become as much like that as he could. The caddie set a tone, and a bit of an example, for the boss.

The late Bruce Edwards, inseparable as caddie and friend from Tom Watson, was the new breed of looper — young, razor-cut hair, treating his job as a profession, not an alternative lifestyle and, actually, looking more like a champion than Tom. Early in his career, Watson got in the dumps and had choking episodes. “Bruce was the most positive person you ever met,” said Ben Crenshaw and, as Tom soared, that attitude helped create many an “impossible Watson par.” When Edwards contracted Lou Gehrig’s disease, which took his life in 2004 at age 49, Watson found new parts of himself in raising money to fight the disease. “Maybe he opened up my soul a little bit,” Watson said of his caddie.

Argea and Edwards had relationships with their stars that showed the solid mental health and self-knowledge of the players as well as the best personal qualities in the caddie. Tiger and Stevie were the opposite.

Generally speaking, people who settle with ex's for $110M - relatively quickly, I might add - do so because they have a fair amount more than $110M. Tiger was also notoriously cheap, by tour player standards from what I have heard. If anyone in this situation has less than most people would estimate, it is Steve Williams IMO.

Interesting comments from Ian Baker Finch during Saturdays Canadian Open telecast......he said Tiger gave SW his approval to loop for AS at the US Open, but then tried to take it back, but SW was already over here working with AS preparing, the after SW looped for AS in the AT&T, TW fired SW that Sunday for "not being loyal"!

Remember SW looped for IBF before he got the job as Norman's caddy, and is still good friends with him today.

I think down the road we will all see it was a ego/financial decision. Tiger is a baby and I'm sure it just eats him alive that SW was out on the course without him. He no longer controls every facet of the world around him.

I also think money is involved. It would not surprise me if Tiger asked him to take a pay cut while he is out and SW said no. Tiger may have a pretty good pile of money but his cash in/cash out on a day to day basis looks to be getting close to going into the red.

-BIG pay cut from Nike
-no icome from golf course design or involvement
-sponsorships drying up
-10+ million a year in loan repayment on his house
-little income from winning

Tiger will need to keep his expenses in check until he bounces back.

Did I miss something? :D

No doubt Stevie will be in the media for the coming weeks claiming that Tiger will never win another major until he finds someone who can hand him a putter in just the right way.

Tiger is a baby and I'm sure it just eats him alive that SW was out on the course without him.

You're probably right, as a matter of fact, he's probably at his multi million dollar home in Jupiter right now on his couch with his bwankie crying about how he was wronged, and how he's going to write a book about his time with SW because he's such a baby lol.. As a mater of fact, he was on the golf channel tons of times this weekend complaining about, didn't it just make you sick?

Here's an unknown name that could be on Tiger's bag: Kevin Riley. He's a childhood friend of Tiger, caddies at Shadow Creek right now in Vegas. I found out about it on Twitter via a caddie out at Bandon Dunes, so maybe Tiger doesn't go with a guy already out on tour for a little while.

Here's an unknown name that could be on Tiger's bag: Kevin Riley. He's a childhood friend of Tiger, caddies at Shadow Creek right now in Vegas. I found out about it on Twitter via a caddie out at Bandon Dunes, so maybe Tiger doesn't go with a guy already out on tour for a little while.

I'm hoping everyone just turns him down....but if Daly can get a caddie, I'm guessing Tiger can too! :D

Back