THP Tour Van Event - OHIO

You have family in Cleveland or something?

Sorry I didn't get to this until now. Yeah, I have family in Cleveland and also in Mansfield.

Just read about 20 pages, sounds like a effing blast. Should of made the 36 hour drive to ohio...

Just read about 20 pages, sounds like a effing blast. Should of made the 36 hour drive to ohio...

36 Hour drive? Are you riding a Vespa?

It's a joke, 10 or 12 hours cant remember what it was. Its OHIO dude, isnt that around Montana?

Haha. Its close to there. I think you go to a place called Timbuktu and hang a left and go about 500 miles and its right there...lol

Heck yeah u should have but im sure Virginia is cool too

I'll be there. That is only 20 mins from my house and I have never played it... but I hear GREAT things!

Yeah I've had a giftcard from there from 2010 I haven't used

Haha. Its close to there. I think you go to a place called Timbuktu and hang a left and go about 500 miles and its right there...lol

Whats crazy is its 2 states away. Freaking WV is what would make it so long. Glad you guys had a blast, I really cant see how anyone would have a bad time at any THP event. Except Bullfrog at last years outing, didn't help that Mike Dean was making fun of him when we stopped back in the villa for a second while BF was running to the crapper. Great times guy's!

Wow, what a great weekend!

It was really funny to see all the Ohio people standing around "comfortable" and all the out-of-staters freezing their butts off. The rain early on saturday was pretty miserable though, so I am glad that cleared up pretty quick.

I am an absolute internet golfer- I played awful all weekend and I am VERY thankful for my playing partners not hating me for it :)

Saturday I played a round with StanTheCaddy, CG13, and Rmix09. Matt, I am glad we got to play another round together. It has been a while and I always enjoy it. Your driver has really come around the past year or so... you picked up quite a bit of distance! "Stan"! Thanks for sharing a cart with me and taking the long drive out to join us! I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the shaft. You put me to shame on the front 9 and everything struggled down the back- especially me and my counting! Rob- You ended up pulling together a pretty respectable round! It must have been hard being the only person actually playing good golf for 90% of that round. All and all, I didn't play very well at all but I had one heck of a time!

Super-8 sucks and I will never go back! They gave me a smoking room, couldn't move me to a non-smoking room and then refused to refund my stay. I ended up running to Walmart and buying 2 glade plugins and a HUGE can of febreeze. The room got doused, but at least it didn't reak! I am glad that I was still able to offer a room to INgolfer and his BIL, but I felt bad that it had to be a smoking room!

Dinner was great- I ate some wonderful french bread pizza and enjoyed a couple of really good microbrews. We hung around there for a while, getting to hear One-T and THHHeresea go back and forth. I think One-T "won", with a little help from a "she smells pretty" compliments of Shark. I ended up hanging around in Shark/OneT's room telling jokes, waking up Shark, and discussing crappy cable rerun movies. There were quite a few times I found myself laughing WAY to hard, only to realize that our door was cracked and hoped other guests couldn't hear us. It was quite a crowd, and was probably my favorite part of the entire weekend.

Sunday I played with Brock vs ToppDogg and Biglee. We had a blast, even though only ToppDogg played well. Their cart crushed us, and Biglee came home with the only CTP win. Yea... we left 3 greens wide open. BigLee took a few holes to find his driver but once he did, it was mighty impressive. Brock and I both struggled down the stretch, while TopDog managed to quietly post a sub 80 round. By the end he was lighting Brock and I up single-handedly. It was a great competition, and I am really glad we were able to come up with a fun game that kept us all playing focused golf.

Some random shout-outs:
Cross golf (and BigLee)- You have some SICK hats. I got there too late sunday to get a pink/grey argyle hat... and I spent the rest of the weekend lusting after the handfull of people who managed to grab them. As we were walking off the course sunday Lee tossed me his and said he wouldn't wear it! Thanks again buddy!

JB/OneT/WE- Thanks for making the trip and turning Ohio into a desirable place to be... if only for a weekend. With a little prior planning next year, I think we might be able to arrange a little better weather for you guys!

Canadan/MikeDean- Thanks for putting this all together. I have loved getting to play if you guys in the past and I am glad you continue to get the Ohio group together! I am looking forward to the next Ohio outing, and the opportunity to share another round with you gents

I just got caught up on all the great recaps. I am glad everyone had an awesome time, even if they were a bit cold. This was my first time meeting a THPer and to meet so many of you was just awesome!

First off Thanks to Mikedean and Canadan for getting this put together. Pipestone is an awesome course of the many in the area and they treated us awesome.

Thanks to JB, War and One-T for making the trek in the Tour Van and bringing all the great swag(Cross, Lamkin, Bridgestone), contest prizes TM,SeeMore,Mizuno. The Demo clubs were awesome even though I hit very few good shots with any of them. this was all me!!!

The competitions Saturday were awesome watching every compete and have so much fun. Congrats to the winners you guys got some awesome equipment.

My round Sat. I got to play with JB, 10yard and Zenger. You guys were a blast to play with and I'd tee it up with you anytime.

JB- Thanks for the tips I will put them into practice.

10yard- it was fun teeing it up with you.

Zenger- Man you can crush the ball with that new driver. When you get that thing dialed in I have no doubt you'll shave some strokes off your game. Also thanks for the tips on my irons, I plan on getting into a fitting this winter.

I am glad you guys didn't vote me off the cart for my horrible round.

Sunday much better weather even though we had a frost delay which I am sure was a first for many of you guys.

I got to play with Robman and Skittles. You guys were a blast and two funny guys.

Rob- you played that power fade well most of the day.

Skittles- You killed that 3wood all day long and that shot on 8 was awesome!

I would gladly tee it up with either of you any time. I know my game only resembled golf but it was a ton of fun. I am glad you guys got to witness my driver off the deck on 18 and that shot actually worked out.

Canadan I hate you for introducing me to Piada only cause it is so far away from me! Dinner Sunday was so good and getting to know all of you guys a little more was so cool.

I can't wait to tee it up with another THPer and to get to another Tour Van Outing! All of you guys are awesome. I know I missed a ton of stuff but I was honestly a bit overwhelmed by the complete awesomeness of the weekend.

I will be at your favorite place next week for 3 days of golf, Williamsburg.
Vince if you can work it out Mattaponi it was an eye opener for me recently. A lot of rolling hills and super greens.
I'd drive down there in a heart beat.

Wow, what a great weekend!

It was really funny to see all the Ohio people standing around "comfortable" and all the out-of-staters freezing their butts off. The rain early on saturday was pretty miserable though, so I am glad that cleared up pretty quick.

I am an absolute internet golfer- I played awful all weekend and I am VERY thankful for my playing partners not hating me for it :)

Saturday I played a round with StanTheCaddy, CG13, and Rmix09. Matt, I am glad we got to play another round together. It has been a while and I always enjoy it. Your driver has really come around the past year or so... you picked up quite a bit of distance! "Stan"! Thanks for sharing a cart with me and taking the long drive out to join us! I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the shaft. You put me to shame on the front 9 and everything struggled down the back- especially me and my counting! Rob- You ended up pulling together a pretty respectable round! It must have been hard being the only person actually playing good golf for 90% of that round. All and all, I didn't play very well at all but I had one heck of a time!

Super-8 sucks and I will never go back! They gave me a smoking room, couldn't move me to a non-smoking room and then refused to refund my stay. I ended up running to Walmart and buying 2 glade plugins and a HUGE can of febreeze. The room got doused, but at least it didn't reak! I am glad that I was still able to offer a room to INgolfer and his BIL, but I felt bad that it had to be a smoking room!

Dinner was great- I ate some wonderful french bread pizza and enjoyed a couple of really good microbrews. We hung around there for a while, getting to hear One-T and THHHeresea go back and forth. I think One-T "won", with a little help from a "she smells pretty" compliments of Shark. I ended up hanging around in Shark/OneT's room telling jokes, waking up Shark, and discussing crappy cable rerun movies. There were quite a few times I found myself laughing WAY to hard, only to realize that our door was cracked and hoped other guests couldn't hear us. It was quite a crowd, and was probably my favorite part of the entire weekend.

Sunday I played with Brock vs ToppDogg and Biglee. We had a blast, even though only ToppDogg played well. Their cart crushed us, and Biglee came home with the only CTP win. Yea... we left 3 greens wide open. BigLee took a few holes to find his driver but once he did, it was mighty impressive. Brock and I both struggled down the stretch, while TopDog managed to quietly post a sub 80 round. By the end he was lighting Brock and I up single-handedly. It was a great competition, and I am really glad we were able to come up with a fun game that kept us all playing focused golf.

Some random shout-outs:
Cross golf (and BigLee)- You have some SICK hats. I got there too late sunday to get a pink/grey argyle hat... and I spent the rest of the weekend lusting after the handfull of people who managed to grab them. As we were walking off the course sunday Lee tossed me his and said he wouldn't wear it! Thanks again buddy!

JB/OneT/WE- Thanks for making the trip and turning Ohio into a desirable place to be... if only for a weekend. With a little prior planning next year, I think we might be able to arrange a little better weather for you guys!

Canadan/MikeDean- Thanks for putting this all together. I have loved getting to play if you guys in the past and I am glad you continue to get the Ohio group together! I am looking forward to the next Ohio outing, and the opportunity to share another round with you gents

I don't know if I can ever forgive you for making me stay in a smoking room. It was horrible. Haha just kidding dude, the Glade and Febreeze worked just fine, I didn't notice the smoke smell much at all, and I only spent 5 hours in the room anyway to sleep. I can't tell you how much I appreciate you letting us crash in your room, I would have missed out on so much fun on Saturday had we not made the trip over Saturday afternoon. You seem like a fun dude, we should definitely tee it up sometime.

Yeah, this is no good. Need an outing fix already.

Looks like I missed a blast. I will, if at all possible, make the next one.

Looks like I missed a blast. I will, if at all possible, make the next one.

That line sounds familiar, u can't dodge is forever

That line sounds familiar, u can't dodge is forever

If you hadn't scheduled the original date on a workday I would've made this one!!

YOU CAN'T KEEP ME AWAY FOREVER!!

Well I finally got some time to sit down and write a full recap. What an amazing weekend and journey for my first THP outing.

Wednesday: I hadn't followed this thread and the idea of coming all the way out to Ohio never crossed my mind. However after work on Wednesday me and JB got to talking and before I knew it by Wednesday night I had put in for a personal day at work, started looking for a hotel and planning a 1,300 mile round trip.

Friday: I leave my house around 10:00am and begin my journey to Ohio. Some bad weather and a couple stops and I was in my hotel room by 10:00pm Friday night. While I was tempted to head out to B dubs to meet up with some THPer's I was absolutely exhausted and couldn't stay awake so I decided to call it a night.

Saturday: I get to Pipestone around 8:45 and its cold and raining. Fortunately the rain stopped and we were able to get in some fun contests. I chunked my chip and shanked my chutt but it was a lot of fun. Demo day was a blast. Got a chance to try the B. Asha 4S which I'm putting my current driver and can't wait to hit! Also got to watch Canadan and Jrod hit some bombs that I'm pretty sure got all the way to the street :D. After demo day I got to play a round with RxGus, CG13 and RMix09. I would definitely tee it up again with any one of you.

RxGus- It was great sharing a cart with you. You can really hit that Supertri. I also think you may have a second calling as a golf instructor. Gave me a tip with my driver and hit 2 of my best drives of the day on 16 and 18. Where was this tip on #5? :D

CG13- It was great playing with you. I can't count how many times I almost put my club in your bag off the tee box.

RMix09- It was fun teeing it up with you. It wasn't pretty from anyone in our group but RMix09 came out with the low score.

Saturday night: It was great having dinner with so many THPer's. Unfortunately I couldn't stay the whole night but it was great hanging out with all of you. Had to leave Milano's around 9 pm to make the trip to Pittsburgh. Had to stop around midnight at a rest stop to take a 20 minute nap but by 2 am I had made it safely to Pittsburgh.

Sunday: Wish I was teeing it up again at Pipestone but instead I was on the road by 11ish heading back to NY. Got in around 6pm after hitting some major traffic in NY (shocking right?) By the end of the weekend I had traveled over 1,300 miles and 24 hours but it was all worth it.

Some special thanks to:

Mikedean441: Thanks for organizing the whole outing and finding a way to fit me in at the last minute. It was great meeting you and hope to see you again at a future outing.

Canadan: Thanks for putting together the dinner and helping out with the outing. I've had a lot of great conversations with you on the forums and it was awesome to meet you in person. You can really crush that B. Asha and I'm sure we'll have plenty more discussions over in that thread in the coming months.

JB: Thanks for the invitation and your generosity, I really can't thank you enough. Bringing the van up to Ohio really brought this outing to the next level and it was a pleasure to meet you.

One-T and WE: It was awesome that both you guys made the trip from down south. Leaving that warm weather can't be easy during these months but you guys did such a great job helping with the event.

I know I met so many other THPer's so shout out to everyone who came out. I didn't know a single person coming into this event and all of you were so nice and welcoming. THP is such a great community and I can't wait to get to another outing in the future. Ohio really has a great group of THPer's and I would gladly make the trip out again to do this again next year although maybe a summer outing would work a little better :D...

Going back to work this week hasn't been easy, really wish I was back out there. What a great and memorable weekend, thank you everyone!

Great recap stan, it was a pleasure meeting u, glad u made the trip, hope we can tee it up sometime

Can't believe almost 5000 posts in here in a relatively short amount of time

Back