THP Tour Van Event - OHIO

90 hours, 2348 miles travelled, just touched down in Sarasota.

Thanks to everyone for a memorable weekend, even if I was half frozen for most of it.

You made it!! Nice!!

Time to thaw and reflect eh dude? Thanks again for making that trek.

You made it!! Nice!!

Time to thaw and reflect eh dude? Thanks again for making that trek.

Reflect, indeed. Definitely thawing out, its 8pm and 80* down here!

It's 80 degrees in Missouri today. A little bit of a shock, coming home to that after this past weekend in Ohio.

Thanks to everyone for a memorable weekend, even if I was half frozen for most of it.

The eagle as landed

Reflect, indeed. Definitely thawing out, its 8pm and 80* down here!

hhaha you're going to love this.. It's 73 in Ohio..

On the plus side (for you), it's going to be a whopping 48 this Sunday.

hhaha you're going to love this.. It's 73 in Ohio..

On the plus side (for you), it's going to be a whopping 48 this Sunday.

Its official, Ohio hates me. I leave and it warms up.

Glad you made it home WE, it was nice meeting you. You looked miserable Saturday morning in that cool weather lol.

Shark, are you still in Ohio?!?

DCBC0F73-5A9E-4F29-AF47-62868CB9B012-2874-000002F391F3DB60.jpg

...smells kinda chloroformy

Too funny Dan. We Arrived a little behind schedule 2 incidents messed up a safe roll back home. I had great company with me during my travels. And look forward to May.

War that was truly awesome of you to drive there with Josh. You too One-T. Great job of making this event happen

Glad you made it home WE, it was nice meeting you. You looked miserable Saturday morning in that cool weather lol.
Haha, and there you were in shorts!
War that was truly awesome of you to drive there with Josh. You too One-T. Great job of making this event happen
Would do it again in a heartbeat.

Recap:

After further thought, Let's just do it again rather than recap the memories! Anyway's Thanks Goes out to Bridgestone, Cross, SeeMore, Mizuno, Taylor Made for helping to make this event that much more special. JB, War and One-T Thanks for making the run up through the mountains to the nearly frozen tundra.
Mike awesome job keeping the wheels on this rolling! Excellent Choice of course.
Dan, good food, good drink and great people, always the formula for success, thanks for that recommendation, and anything else you did behind the scenes.
Sharkwrestler, man glad we could hook up and make this trip together. The weekend started on Friday morning with a handshake, and ended with fist bumps! Right on brother.

Friday night at the BWW was a good time, breaking the ice of the way we do it at THP. Dean may be indian! how do we really know! Never bet against the only one at the table that is drinking Coke!
Putting contest was interesting, Probably 90 percent of us couldn't keep the ball on the green.. Enough said

Demo Time was very cool, hit some stuff that is a possibility, and hit some that wasn't for me. Did get a chance to swing JRods B.Asha set up! Sweet

First Round:
Hitman - Thanks for the laughs, and the good time. Anytime we get the chance lets do it again
JSkittle - Putter will come around! Good luck down in Atlanta in a few weeks.
Youngbuck - Always a pleasure buddy
T ball was whacked all day! Played like crap and didn't care. Had a blast with the group. First impressions of the THP way of things was with these guys. I loved it!

Dinner was a great time, sat with DDEC and Tnolan (big shock there, I think they were trying to spoon in the booth). We had a great time! Tried to set the table, and well I will just say someone forgot to cook the meal.

Sunday
Frost delay.....Range time to get the cobwebs out. Sitting around the carts, watching Marshal make friends with Canadan and JB. PRICELESS!

Sundays Group
Griff had a great time playing with ya, nice thin to win on 17. Sorry you couldn't finish with us, we can make it up anytime
SharkWrestler ....Anytime brother....had a blast
Young Buck...you do me proud buddy.
Played a little better Sunday, but still didn't care to much. Driver was crap. 3 wood was working good so got around.

Pipestone- I would play there again or even regularly. Not a big fan of the Par 5's but in time i would get that worked out. The greens seem like they would be sweet if they had healed from the fall aeration. The Staff was pleasant and helpful.

Finally. To everyone that attended: Thanks for making my first THP event a blast. Hope to see a bunch of you guys down at the "Outing" in May

Kevin

Last edited:
My turn first off I came back to this , so that's why I'm late getting on here
IMAG0028.jpg

This past weekend, just unforgettable, I can't belive the amount of fun had by a bunch of guy's from parts all over chasing a little white ball at Pipestone Golf Course.

JB Thanks so much for making this get together a thousand times better than our average 10-12 guy round of golf with friends. I have been to 3 of the Ohio Indiana Kentucky gathering's and I look forward to many more , and Golfer Girl, thanks for the Albatross Club care package and all of the swag that went along with it, Bridgestone, Lamkin, Cross Golf USA, Thanks so much.

Mike , you are the MAN , these things are the greatest, Dan, Captian Dan what can I say ....Thanks

I don't post alot because I do talk better in person and some guy's found out this weekend and I got play golf (not very well) with some great guy's

JSKittle , your right 3rd time was a charm, had a blast, look forward to teeing it up any time

T2GRN18 and Youngbuck, thanks for playing along, you guy's are great to be around, and just remember to recycle

Sunday I played with another fellow Hoosier, Bogey317, Great round good fun , and I would love to come down to Bloomington to play sometime, let you roll that Ghost Spider.

JeffReedMo, hey my rotten swing is contagious, but a day or two away from watching me hack my way around, your game should be top notch again, and yes itn was fun in the bunker on 18, we should have broken out some Corona's and jamed to some Jimmy Buffet

JRod, when you get those pictures from that spyplane you call a tee shot, let me know how little my tee shot looked from space, man you can kill a ball, I enjoyed watching it , even though you kept saying it was bad, I wish my game was that "bad"

Playdough , man you rock the style, makes me wish I wasn't an old fat guy, and all the others wether we chatted , laughed or just made it there, "Lets Do This Again"

Thanks for letting me be part of this wonderfull site, this family of golfers and the chance to have more fun and better experinces than I could have ever had on my own

HA! Tom, my game is exactly what you saw yesterday. But, bad game or not, I had a blast with ya' and hope to see you again soon. After the arse kicking I took on those final 9 or 10 holes, I would have gladly accepted a Corona in that bunker.

Also to other Ohio outing goers, I am trying to recall this, but wasn't it Bullfrog that whiffed on his chutt attempt?

HA! Tom, my game is exactly what you saw yesterday. But, bad game or not, I had a blast with ya' and hope to see you again soon. After the arse kicking I took on those final 9 or 10 holes, I would have gladly accepted a Corona in that bunker.

Also to other Ohio outing goers, I am trying to recall this, but wasn't it Bullfrog that whiffed on his chutt attempt?
i didnt whiff it. I duffed it there is a difference... :laughing: Yes it was me. I hit the ground first. If I could have used my betti, it would have been different.

Great recap tom
And yes frog whiffed

. to other Ohio outing goers, I am trying to recall this, but wasn't it Bullfrog that whiffed on his chutt attempt?

Yeah I think they said he "Duffed the Chutt"

i didnt whiff it. I duffed it there is a difference... :laughing: Yes it was me. I hit the ground first. If I could have used my betti, it would have been different.

Way to own up to it, Frog! LOL. I was telling Darren Krieg about it on Facebook and I thought it was you.

Frost delay.....Range time to get the cobwebs out. Sitting around the carts, watching Marshal make friends with Canadan and JB. PRICELESS!

hahahahahHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

How was this not recapped yet?! Wooooow. One-T blowing a laughter fuse on this one started Sunday out amazing.

Well, first you struck the ground, then I think you might have grazed the ball..

Just stick with chipping dude, it's better that way!

Glad you made it back safe WE. Your trip made mine look like a trip to the grocery store. Great to see you're back and enjoying the warm weather again.

My turn first off I came back to this , so that's why I'm late getting on here
IMAG0028.jpg

This past weekend, just unforgettable, I can't belive the amount of fun had by a bunch of guy's from parts all over chasing a little white ball at Pipestone Golf Course.

JB Thanks so much for making this get together a thousand times better than our average 10-12 guy round of golf with friends. I have been to 3 of the Ohio Indiana Kentucky gathering's and I look forward to many more , and Golfer Girl, thanks for the Albatross Club care package and all of the swag that went along with it, Bridgestone, Lamkin, Cross Golf USA, Thanks so much.

Mike , you are the MAN , these things are the greatest, Dan, Captian Dan what can I say ....Thanks

I don't post alot because I do talk better in person and some guy's found out this weekend and I got play golf (not very well) with some great guy's

JSKittle , your right 3rd time was a charm, had a blast, look forward to teeing it up any time

T2GRN18 and Youngbuck, thanks for playing along, you guy's are great to be around, and just remember to recycle

Sunday I played with another fellow Hoosier, Bogey317, Great round good fun , and I would love to come down to Bloomington to play sometime, let you roll that Ghost Spider.

JeffReedMo, hey my rotten swing is contagious, but a day or two away from watching me hack my way around, your game should be top notch again, and yes itn was fun in the bunker on 18, we should have broken out some Corona's and jamed to some Jimmy Buffet

JRod, when you get those pictures from that spyplane you call a tee shot, let me know how little my tee shot looked from space, man you can kill a ball, I enjoyed watching it , even though you kept saying it was bad, I wish my game was that "bad"

Playdough , man you rock the style, makes me wish I wasn't an old fat guy, and all the others wether we chatted , laughed or just made it there, "Lets Do This Again"

Thanks for letting me be part of this wonderfull site, this family of golfers and the chance to have more fun and better experinces than I could have ever had on my own

Had an absolute blast playing with you on Sunday sir and an even better time laughing it up Saturday night at dinner. You're a hell of a nice guy and if you're ever in my neck of the woods make sure to hit me up so we can play a round.

Glad you made it back safe WE. Your trip made mine look like a trip to the grocery store. Great to see you're back and enjoying the warm weather again.
he had a small private jet dont feel too bad for him lol

Time to make my recap.

First off let me say a big Thank You to MikeDean and Canadan for setting this up. It turned into the best Ohio meeting that we have had. I actually didn't mind the drive for this one. It was just awesome the JB decided to join in on the festivities in OHIO. I know you didnt have to bring the tour van with all the gas that it burns just for us little ole thpers from the buckeye state. THANK YOU for doing that. Eventually I would like to tee it up with you. I want to witness the WOW Factor in person. I think you would enjoy playing golf with me even tho you would never admit it. lol WarEagle and One-t, I'm extremely happy that you guys decided to hop a long for the ride with JB and experience some "Easy Ohio Golf". WarEagle, I know you were miserable on Saturday. You are a trooper for sticking it out in the cold. I bet your happy you have those golf pants now. And now you may have a chance to wear them again when the Range Finder returns to Ohio. One-t dude you are always the life of the party. I hope I get a round in with you at some point.

The Demo day was extremely fun. I had a few manufacturers surprise me. I will go into the appropriate threads. It was great standing around watching guys hitting clubs and then the comments as well as the expressions on their faces was priceless. I got to watch a few guys hit some range balls all the way thru the range and over the road. Heck some even did this with a 7i no wait it was a PW. :confused2:

My round on Saturday was with the Great TYNO and Capt. WarEagle of team Albatross. I thought that we had a blast with a bunch of laughs. I watched TYNO blast that driver all day long and WarEagle go pin seeking with his irons/wedges. He hit 3 really close with a bunch more not to far away. Its gonna be fun helping take down Team Albatross in MB but at the same time its gonna be tough cuz Ryan is gonna be one heck of a captain and now a friend! TYNO sure has game. It was fun playing with a fellow Hacker! I look forward to defending the MC Trophy in July with you. My cart mate was none other than "Power Fade Robman7". Dude as usual I had a blast playing golf with you. We always have fun. Plus no running from geese this time. Your game is coming along nicely dude. Keep up the good work.

On Sunday as you all know we had a frost delay. Well after the delay finally lifted and we got to the range to warm up, we made are way to the 10th tee. The course let us go off the back since everyone was backed up because of the delay. I got to play with a couple fun THPer's.

10yarddraw aka Casey, can really smack the ball. He was struggling with a hook and had a fade with his irons a few times. I kept picking on him about being 10yardfade. He is a cool guy to play golf with and man he has thick skin. This freak wore shorts on Saturday! My cart mate for this round was the old man MarcW. I always have a blast hitting the ball around with Marc. We have a fun time ragging on each other. If there were a hidden microphone in the cart, everyone listening would die from laughter. While none of us had the best games of our life. The weather turned out great. We played some golf and had some laughs. Who cares about scores when you can have all that. I cant wait to play golf with you guys again.

To the other guys that drove hours and had flights. Thank You for coming to the great state of OHIO! I will definitely return the favor in the future and come play in a Tour stop near you.

Bogey317... dude you and Skittle need to set up going to the outing and sharing a villa with biglee and I. Dont worry I will leave my torture devices at home and bring and iron stomach...

Skittle, Playdough, Toppdawg and all you other boys from Ohio, It was fun hanging out at dinner with you guys. And it will be soon when we tee it up again.

My man BigLee... Dude it was awesome hanging with you again Brother. I look forward to hanging out with you at the outing. Like i said to Bogey, I will bring an iron stomach. I need to redeem myself from the last one. I will talk to you soon.

Sharkwrestler.... I cant believe you had a 5 gallon of chloroform in the back of your van. LOL I kid It was great seeing you again. I will get a round with you at the outing. I'm sure you will be there.

Jeffreed... It was cool meeting you dude. We chatted a bit at dinner but maybe we can hang out a bit at the outing if you decide to go. If not, we play in indiana quite a bit so if you decide to make the trek over, then let us know when we have another get together in the spring.

T2grn and youngbuck... Glad you guys treked over from MD. It was classic hearing the story of Youngbuck taking the twenty spot from One-T. Keep up the game bro.

Bert... Glad you decided to join up with the Ohio Group. I hope those Bullfrog tees help you find the fairways like they do for me. There is no reason we can't tee it up sometime. Just let me know when, I'm game.

To the guys I didnt mention, Thanks for coming along. Its hard to give everyone props. So, as they come to me I will pop them in this thread.

Oh yeah... As all of you probably heard, I sky'd my tee shot on hole 1 on Saturday. I put one heck of an idiot mark on my J40 driver. It's sort of funny now but wasn't to me at the time. Just so you guys know, all is well. I had the airbrush paint guy that comes into the dealership look at it. He said he could fix it. He quickly took out some sand paper and a spray bottle and wet sanded it. He then buffed it out. And the mark is almost completely gone. He said he didn't have the paint to match with him to airbrush it. But that when he came back next week, he would do it for me. I asked him howw much he wanted to do it. He said "No charge for fixing golf clubs''. I told maybe he should market that business in Toledo. So, once he airbrushes it. I will post a picture up for you guys.

Thanks for reading sorry it was so long.

Back