THP FL Golf Outing

Those that are going, are you getting a car or just plan on taking a taxi or shuttle? I feel like if I dont have a car Im helpless...I hate the helpless feeling!

I would most likely rent a car if it is an option. Shuttles and Taxis are not that abundant in FL. We will do our best to help with transportation as well.

I agree with JB I would get a car if you can. If we were in Miami I would say sure just take taxis but where we live it would be hard to get a cab and if you did it would cost big $$$.

Ok good to know! Been sneaking on different sites looking at hotels and cars trying to find something close, as JB knows.. lol.

Last year we spoke about doing a National THP outing and holding it at a resort course that we are fond of, but let's face it, the economy is just not there yet for some people and when we do hold that, I want it to be for everybody so we can have a couple of hundred there and rock the place out.

Maybe next year for this 'rock the place out' plan? With enough notice I will come from Europe for that and make it part of our summer vacation.

Just doing a quick search it looks like you can get a really cheap motel 6 or days in type of place for around $45-$50/night or they have more expensive places ranging up to about $170/night.

The BF and I probably won't make it to this one, BUT he wants to go out your way to visit his grandmother towards the end of the year so perhaps we can do something then? :confused2:

I have purchased a "cheap" (refundable) airline ticket to Sarasota just in case I can work it out to be there. I won't know for sure till about 2 weeks prior to your shin dig.

Just doing a quick search it looks like you can get a really cheap motel 6 or days in type of place for around $45-$50/night or they have more expensive places ranging up to about $170/night.

The cheaper rates, are those in Port Charlotte? Thats where I keep ending up for those same rates.

The cheaper rates, are those in Port Charlotte? Thats where I keep ending up for those same rates.

No, they are in Venice. We are just outside Venice so that would be the closest city. Port Charlotte is about 30 minutes away so is Sarasota.

We are getting pretty excited about this and are getting ready next week to work on getting some surprises to try out when they are here.

We are getting pretty excited about this and are getting ready next week to work on getting some surprises to try out when they are here.

Oh please tell me that the yellow Srixon's will there to demo!!!

We can have an Easter egg hunt but with yellow ZStars instead.
:party:

Oh please tell me that the yellow Srixon's will there to demo!!!

We can have an Easter egg hunt but with yellow ZStars instead.
:party:

That is a strong possibility. Or maybe numerous kinds of golf balls...hehe

I don't know if this counts, but I'll be there in spirit. It sure would be grand to meet all you folks. :)

Just booked my airline tickets and a car! wooooooo!! So I have 3 open seats in my car, only $50 a seat! Who needs a ride!!?? lol

Now on to the hotel!!

Just booked my airline tickets and a car! wooooooo!! So I have 3 open seats in my car, only $50 a seat! Who needs a ride!!?? lol

Now on to the hotel!!

Awesome Kevin. We are so glad that you will be making the trip.

Thanks looking forward to it! Im so ready to trade all this snow for gators!!

Thanks looking forward to it! Im so ready to trade all this snow for gators!!

I'll make that trade every day of the week and twice on Sunday. I'm looking forward to meeting "the guy that setup that streaking game thing" in person. See you there!

I'll make that trade every day of the week and twice on Sunday. I'm looking forward to meeting "the guy that setup that streaking game thing" in person. See you there!

lol awesome! Just remember I only set up the group not the game! So dont shoot me! lol

If anyone is interested in saving some $$$ and splitting a room, send me a PM. Im looking at the Best Western in Venice for $99 a night. I have confirmation from GG and JB thats its very close to all the fun. So PM me if interested. Im staying from Friday evening to Monday morning.

depending on my exam schedule i have just gained clearance to come down! Ohh baby

That is great news Thainer. We look forward to it.

Oh man.

I would love to make it but I am not sure I can. I will be visiting my parents in Naples FL in a few weeks and don't know if I can swing some more time off from work. It would be so much fun!

Let me see what I can swing. You guys live in Venice?

Fildini

Oh man.

I would love to make it but I am not sure I can. I will be visiting my parents in Naples FL in a few weeks and don't know if I can swing some more time off from work. It would be so much fun!

Let me see what I can swing. You guys live in Venice?

Fildini

Right around there yes.

Back