THP FL Golf Outing

Wow, it's really coming soon! Are we doing the demo at Sarasota National on Saturday before the round? Do you know about what time?

Yes, the demoing of equipment will be both mornings at each course. Probably around 9am. It will also give everybody the opportunity to get to know each other and have some great contests.

Awesome! Really starting to get excited for this! Now if work doesnt kill me I'll be good!

Just going through everything now, there really is equipment for any skill level here to test out and enjoy.

Is there a ball throwing club that GG can use in bunkers?:D

Nice work you two!

I haven't played either course so I am especially excited.

Just another thing for people to consider. JB is right, this is still considered the golf season ($$$) down here. Plus the greens and fairways won't be punched for another 6-7 weeks, so we beat that as well.

The prices you guys got are awesome, I was planning on spending much more for the golf.

That is exactly right biggsy. The one issue courses around here are having right now is the colder climate that this area saw this winter left a lot of courses with algae problems. different grass in FL brings different conditions with weather. Something FL golf is not really used to and it left a ton of courses trying hard to keep them nice.

I promise you guys have nothing to worry about. I was struggling so bad out of the bunker this past weekend that I just picked up the ball and threw it on the fairway. I wasn't keepin score and I didn't want to hold up pace of play so throwing seemed like the best option. When it comes to playing poorly I promise I have you all beat.
You learned that move from my wife. :D

Is there a ball throwing club that GG can use in bunkers?:D

She could always just use a golf ball retriever and then rocket it into the fairway like a catapult. No need to rake the sandtrap with that tool. :bananadance:

Thats funny, we've had so much rain around here the last and only time I played the traps were more like concrete then sand. You could just pick your ball right off the top of it.

very nice indeed. thanks for all of your efforts. i'm looking forward to this experience A LOT!

Well I just got back from a golf lesson and let me just warn everyone to make sure to bring sunscreen! As usual I forgot to put some on and my arms are already a little red. I hope the weather is just like it was today though because it's absolutely gorgeous outside. 75* no clouds, just blue skies and sunny and no humidity it's just spectacular! I was also talking to one of the guys in the pro shop at the course I take lessons and he said that he just played Sarasota National last weekend and he said the course is in immaculate shape so I am really excited to play it now!

I forgot to do any pre-tanning for this trip. Oops. I'm naturally dark though, so burns should be minimal.

I'm excited about Sarasota. I'm thinking the Silver tees should be a good distance for me. I'm kind of wishing that there were more bunkers at the courses I play because I have next to no experience in the sand. I'm sure that this trip will change that!

I forgot to do any pre-tanning for this trip. Oops. I'm naturally dark though, so burns should be minimal.

I'm excited about Sarasota. I'm thinking the Silver tees should be a good distance for me. I'm kind of wishing that there were more bunkers at the courses I play because I have next to no experience in the sand. I'm sure that this trip will change that!

I'm with you. 6500+ is outside of what my normal limit is by a couple hundred yards anyway. And 129 slope is pretty up there for me!

As far as the sand goes, if it's anything like the sand in California, it shouldn't be a problem getting out of. Real sand is better than the little pebbles we call sand around here.

We can play whatever tees people want to. Perhaps a shorter course will be more fun and let everybody have a chance to enjoy the FL weather and golf a little more. That works for me.

Are we just playing regular golf or are we having any team stuff like scrambles.

We are leaving it up to you guys. What would you like?

We can play whatever tees people want to. Perhaps a shorter course will be more fun and let everybody have a chance to enjoy the FL weather and golf a little more. That works for me.

I say we play the Jade tees so there is a ZERO% chance I will be hitting my second shot pants-less :rotfl:

j/k. The length of the Silver tee is just about perfect for me these days.

Great job with the prices JB & GG! I can't wait for this getaway.

I'm up for whatever. They're right boys... make sure y'all bring the sunscreen.

Anyone is more than welcome to play from the ladies tees with me :smile: because that's where I will be. And the less bunkers the better in my book...otherwise I better get my throwing arm ready haha.

JB and GG...awesome job with the courses and rates!! From what I can tell online, Pelican Pointe looks like more fun than Boca Royale did...looks WAY more Floridian. I'm with you guys, a ~6000 yard golf course suits me fine, that way I don't have as many 3-wood second shots. I would vote for playing my own ball though...I get really screwed up in a scramble because I feel like I have to kill it.

GG we're having the same weather here today, and I just got in nine...beautiful.

That is the beautiful thing about these courses. They go from 7300 yards to 6000 yards.

JB and GG...awesome job with the courses and rates!! From what I can tell online, Pelican Pointe looks like more fun than Boca Royale did...looks WAY more Floridian. I'm with you guys, a ~6000 yard golf course suits me fine, that way I don't have as many 3-wood second shots. I would vote for playing my own ball though...I get really screwed up in a scramble because I feel like I have to kill it.

GG we're having the same weather here today, and I just got in nine...beautiful.

I sure hope we have the nice weather for the event it will make for a perfect weekend.

Back