THP Fantasy Football Week 7 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just offered a trade to Wcueb923. I PM'ed and twitter messaged him. Tomlinson for either Lance Moore or Michael Jenkins. Hoping for a quick response.

John Clayton just reported that Bradford is facing an uphill battle trying to gear up for Sunday's game. He said he expected Feeley to start.

Bad for Team Benchedgrossman good for the Cowboys.

Got lucky last week with most of our team on a bye and his team having Hillis.

This week we take on Buck Spreadem for control of the North Division. Should be a close matchup.

Missed out on Palmer and Tebow through waivers. One drawback to having a good record.

Bad for Team Benchedgrossman good for the Cowboys.

Yeah But I have Matt the Terror Moore. Good thing I have 3 qb's because Dalton is off. Hoarding came in handy!

After this week, I will have Beck up for a trade. When are the Panthers on BYE?

Im not sure but Im dreading the day lol

Got lucky last week with most of our team on a bye and his team having Hillis.

This week we take on Buck Spreadem for control of the North Division. Should be a close matchup.

Missed out on Palmer and Tebow through waivers. One drawback to having a good record.

Yea i missed out on both of them as well. I put in for Palmer and Boller and came out with the bench player.....Being so good sometimes hurts so bad. Hopefully my waiver claim will go in my favor this week.

That the bye week that is going to kill me for QB's, both of mine have a bye on week 9.

I just realized I play you in week 9 :clapp:

No one picked up Ponder in our league. He looked really good in the quarter he played. He has a tough matchup this week, so you still might be able to gauge what he'll do.

Anyone think Tebow puts up more than 25 this week?

No one picked up Ponder in our league. He looked really good in the quarter he played. He has a tough matchup this week, so you still might be able to gauge what he'll do.

If I didnt have any good options, I would play Tebow... more so than Ponder.

I picked up Ponder earlier today. I think he should be a good bye week sub. I would say Tebow puts up around 15-18 points. Depending on if he gets a rushing TD or not.

I see league 3 has a trade pending, nice that they are getting more involved. Biggsy most teams in league 3 already have 2 QBs idk if anyone gonna grab ponder til they see him play a full game.

I still hate the QB hoarding. RB hoarding is different. They break, lose their starting gig and there just aren't that many good ones. So you hoard what you can. But there is no reason to have more then two QB's. One starter and the bye week fill in guy.

I totally disagree with you here bro. Have you looked at the RB's available? They all suck, so yeah, I grabbed a 3rd QB. Not to hoard, but to have as trade bait because I need a RB. Should I have just left the 3rd guy out there so you could pick him up for nothing, and I still get nothing? What sense does that make for me? The real issue is people in need of a QB for their bye week aren't willing to give up a RB of equal point value which is what I need for my bye week, and quite frankly, that is just a load of crap. This is not directed solely at you OEM, but all this garbage and whining about how people have their rosters set is aggravating to me. Especially when I have stated a dozen times that all 3 of my QB's are available for a RB of equal value.

I have Orton from my trade with Chunky as my backup but then he lost his job. Now Im screwed for a backup and of course there's nothing on waiver.

And this is how I feel about RB's. The difference is, I have offered a bunch of fair trades based on point averages and been turned down every time.

I think though when you look at value you could have two players that average 10 points a week but how they get that average is what I look closely at. Some guys get 20 one week, and nothing, then 5 points. While another player is consistently getting the points. I'd go with the consistency. Have a couple dudes on my team that I know could go off but I dont like guessing with matchups.

Wow I just heard the Ronnie Brown trade was voided because Jerome Harrison failed his physical. They found a brain tumor. Adam Shefter on twitter made a good point. The trade may have saved Harrison's life.

I totally disagree with you here bro. Have you looked at the RB's available? They all suck, so yeah, I grabbed a 3rd QB. Not to hoard, but to have as trade bait because I need a RB. Should I have just left the 3rd guy out there so you could pick him up for nothing, and I still get nothing? What sense does that make for me? The real issue is people in need of a QB for their bye week aren't willing to give up a RB of equal point value which is what I need for my bye week, and quite frankly, that is just a load of crap. This is not directed solely at you OEM, but all this garbage and whining about how people have their rosters set is aggravating to me. Especially when I have stated a dozen times that all 3 of my QB's are available for a RB of equal value.

And this is how I feel about RB's. The difference is, I have offered a bunch of fair trades based on point averages and been turned down every time.

I see your point and its fair. Not that I totally disagree or agree either way but I get it. Basically were all hoarding for our own reasons because we have to in a league this size.

I see league 3 has a trade pending, nice that they are getting more involved. Biggsy most teams in league 3 already have 2 QBs idk if anyone gonna grab ponder til they see him play a full game.
Some people just don't like to trade, it's never been my favorite thing.

They seem to grab every other QB, just funny to see him sitting there. hehe

I think Tebow gets a rushing TD. He's had one in every game he's started. I think he gets more than 25. Plus Miami is honoring the Gator Championship team that Tebow was on and this was before Tebow came into the starting picture. There should be a lot of Florida fans there, almost like a home game for Tebow. Kinda odd though for a pro team to be honoring a college team.

Wow I just heard the Ronnie Brown trade was voided because Jerome Harrison failed his physical. They found a brain tumor. Adam Shefter on twitter made a good point. The trade may have saved Harrison's life.

Wow...that is definitely crazy.

Wow, that's crazy news.

Some people just don't like to trade, it's never been my favorite thing.

They seem to grab every other QB, just funny to see him sitting there. hehe

I think Tebow gets a rushing TD. He's had one in every game he's started. I think he gets more than 25. Plus Miami is honoring the Gator Championship team that Tebow was on and this was before Tebow came into the starting picture. There should be a lot of Florida fans there, almost like a home game for Tebow. Kinda odd though for a pro team to be honoring a college team.

Yeah, why does Miami want to get Tebow all pumped up and fill the place with his fans? Is this a Suck for Luck move?

I think though when you look at value you could have two players that average 10 points a week but how they get that average is what I look closely at. Some guys get 20 one week, and nothing, then 5 points. While another player is consistently getting the points. I'd go with the consistency. Have a couple dudes on my team that I know could go off but I dont like guessing with matchups.

I absolutely agree with this Yoccos.

I see your point and its fair. Not that I totally disagree or agree either way but I get it. Basically were all hoarding for our own reasons because we have to in a league this size.

Exactly. I can assure you that if there was a RB available that averages 10-15 points per week, I would drop my 3rd QB immediately.

Exactly. I can assure you that if there was a RB available that averages 10-15 points per week, I would drop my 3rd QB immediately.

This is what Id be willing to part with: Jacobs or Hightower. But I dont think either one will get you 10-15 a week.

Wow, that's crazy news.

Also the Detroit Free Press put out an article saying that the people close to Javid Best are advising him to sit out the rest of the year. Teams with Best better start looking for another RB soon.

This is what Id be willing to part with: Jacobs or Hightower. But I dont think either one will get you 10-15 a week.

I think a healthy Jacobs is worth it. He's been out a couple of weeks, and has a bye this week to rest, but he says the swelling is gone. Let me see if a trade I have out there right now pans out, but if not, I would not be opposed to making a deal for one of my QB's straight up for Jacobs.

Thats why I said if the price is right. Obviously you wouldnt trade Foster for a starter and a bench guy, that would not be a smart move. But let me ask you this, if someone offered you a top 10 WR (12-15pts/wk) and a top 15 RB (8-10 pts/wk) would you not consider moving Foster?

I've done this (in reverse as I was going after a high end WR) and got turned down. It's up to the owner on who they want to keep and want to let go. I made a decision early on that Rice was going to be untouchable. Whether you like it or not it's my decision and I firmly stick by it. I'm not going to sit here and defend my position because people offer me trades that ONLY have him in it. I'd rather not waste your time nor mine.

John Clayton just reported that Bradford is facing an uphill battle trying to gear up for Sunday's game. He said he expected Feeley to start.

I think someone is going to make a waiver claim in 3...2...1...

I'm in your boat dude. I'm not out there trying to send trades that I think are unfair. I'm not here to screw someone over. But like I said it is what it is. If I get turned down I just move on.

Yeah, why does Miami want to get Tebow all pumped up and fill the place with his fans? Is this a Suck for Luck move?

Money, money, and, oh yeah... more money.

Your point is taken and is fair but i have 1 slight problem. QB usually score more points then any other position so getting equal point total doesn't really work that is my only thing. Also say if i were to trade with you first off i see 3 QBs so I'm not likely going to give you as much as someone who has only 2 because that extra QB is nearly nothing to you except trade bait. That's how I would do it if i were to offer a trade up. Also depends what I'm going to use the player for. If I'm going to use them as a starter ill offer starting talent back. If they are a bye week filler I wont offer up that good of a deal cuz I only need them 1 week.

It's hard with 16 teams cuz there isn't any FAs so you grab starters over some bums so all the QBs will be gone

10-15points per week is a bit steep for a 3rd QB if you ask me. I mean if you look at point averages and break it down by position which i just did, 28 QBs average over 10pts as opposed to 24 for RBs. Look at how many more RBs there is in the league and less average 10pts. Not to mention you have to start 2 RBs and only 1 QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back