THP Fantasy Football Week 7 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry everyone, One-TooManyTrades did this last year too, had the greatest team ever assembled and still lost.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

No doubt man...that was a bummer. I did have a stout team that I cant believe I lost with. ugh!

Sure you can. I traded Wes Welker for two starters. I traded Cam Newton for two starters. That's how you add depth bro. You have some hot commodities that could fetch you some depth but you can't go into any trade or negotiation with a mindset of not letting go of someone. Look at what arydolphin's been doing. He's been off'ing his top picks in exchange for depth and ultimately, more points.

I think One-T has a very solid team right now but what if Vick gets hurt (he's already playing with concussions)? IMO, he only has one legit RB in McCoy. Stewart has to split time with Williams and Cam, and James Starks isn't a priority in Green Bay. He's stacked at receiver but has zilch at TE. His team could be better but he's afraid to move one of his "not really solid" RB's.

Thank you for breaking down my team....Not everyone was lucky enough to have Cam and Welker have AWESOME seasons and people were willing to give you half their team in trades. and lets not forget who TALKED you into picking up Fred Davis from the waivers. Your right, I suck at TE. But, I only have 3 RB's and therefor...if Mccoy or another one goes down, I have someone who is at least putting fantasy points on the board for me. I cant predict health. Also, yes...Vick could go down. But...so could any other QB's in the league. I know you want a RB for this week because Jaquizzeee is only getting 1 point a week. But, its not in the cards for my team man.

So this is how ESPN see's my matchup with Teblow Me this week. Looks pretty close on virtual paper.

FF.png

You're welcome for the breakdown One-T. But I'm not going to sit here and watch you and others puke about how awesome your team is. Do I think it could be better? Yes. Fact is, you're only gonna start two of those RB's so why do you need the three that you have? I'm giving you an opportunity to give you a TE that avg's around 12 points per week. I'm just trying to help solidify your team. That's all.

Foster's Farm!!! what would it take to give up your big guy Arian Foster???

Arian Foster is untouchable in league 1, as is Ray Rice apparently. I don't get that.

Arian Foster is untouchable in league 1, as is Ray Rice apparently. I don't get that.

IMO, there should be no untouchables. Anything is available if the price is right.

IMO, there should be no untouchables. Anything is available if the price is right.

I totally agree, but our league is full of untouchables. I find it funny.

That's the key right there. Don't go offering a bunch of scrubs for a top 5 pick in the draft. If you are going to go after them, you better be prepared to give up something too.

Lol. This is funny to me. Why can't I have an untouchable? Yeah I went HAM last year and traded my first round pick for some depth and EVERYONE criticized it. EVERYONE.

I don't want to trade Arian for two players that may or may not start every week. I don't have to win FF every year to have a successful formula. More often than not I've found finding a team where I'm comfortable starting the same players every week does better for me.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR... haha.. I also see the merit in trading players when they're hot. I know if a player you dont expect to go off, goes off and then you try and trade them. Its because you don't expect it each week. Foster still gave me 15 against a really tough d. Are two players (one of which probably being on my bench) going to do that every week? That's what I look at.

Ray Rice wasnt untouchable in league 3 which was a good thing for me!

I dont get it either. you cant say that if someone offers you solid depth for a top 5 player you still wouldnt take it.. Thats what I did and Icey took the trade. It has worked out for both of so far IMO.

That's the key right there. Don't go offering a bunch of scrubs for a top 5 pick in the draft. If you are going to go after them, you better be prepared to give up something too.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Quoting for truth.

Lol. This is funny to me. Why can't I have an untouchable? Yeah I went HAM last year and traded my first round pick for some depth and EVERYONE criticized it. EVERYONE.

I don't want to trade Arian for two players that may or may not start every week. I don't have to win FF every year to have a successful formula. More often than not I've found finding a team where I'm comfortable starting the same players every week does better for me.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR... haha.. I also see the merit in trading players when they're hot. I know if a player you dont expect to go off, goes off and then you try and trade them. Its because you don't expect it each week. Foster still gave me 15 against a really tough d. Are two players (one of which probably being on my bench) going to do that every week? That's what I look at.

I can understand that. But you should atleast consider the trade. Dont just say the player is untouchable. you might as well put all your players on the block and see what gets offered. I wouldnt however start offering my top 5 player to other teams. But if someone wants to propose a trade for one of my top 5 guys. I will at the least consider it.

Thats why I said if the price is right. Obviously you wouldnt trade Foster for a starter and a bench guy, that would not be a smart move. But let me ask you this, if someone offered you a top 10 WR (12-15pts/wk) and a top 15 RB (8-10 pts/wk) would you not consider moving Foster?

Thats why I said if the price is right. Obviously you wouldnt trade Foster for a starter and a bench guy, that would not be a smart move. But let me ask you this, if someone offered you a top 10 WR (12-15pts/wk) and a top 15 RB (8-10 pts/wk) would you not consider moving Foster?

I can almost answer that for you, lol

It's ok Tmod. You had the #1 pick in the draft and took Arian. You have to see where he'll take you. I get it. Since you deandec'd ary in that trade you really don't need much help at WR. I was trying to offer you assistance at the time with a stud WR b/c you had good depth at RB.

Probably not. I have a top RB that is going to give me 15-20 points a week, probably more (in foster) and my other WR's on my team already give me at least 10. Ahmad Bradshaw is my second back.

I can understand that. But you should atleast consider the trade. Dont just say the player is untouchable. you might as well put all your players on the block and see what gets offered. I wouldnt however start offering my top 5 player to other teams. But if someone wants to propose a trade for one of my top 5 guys. I will at the least consider it.

Ill look at it, but I still don't get why people get so bent out of shape that someone doesn't want to trade a player. If I had Rex Grossman, I'd never trade him.

Probably not. I have a top RB that is going to give me 15-20 points a week, probably more (in foster) and my other WR's on my team already give me at least 10. Ahmad Bradshaw is my second back.

Ill look at it, but I still don't get why people get so bent out of shape that someone doesn't want to trade a player. If I had Rex Grossman, I'd never trade him.

Now that is something I can agree with!

I can almost answer that for you, lol

It's ok Tmod. You had the #1 pick in the draft and took Arian. You have to see where he'll take you. I get it. Since you deandec'd ary in that trade you really don't need much help at WR. I was trying to offer you assistance at the time with a stud WR b/c you had good depth at RB.

Lol of all the trades that have been made, I don't think this one is as lopsided as you think. I get what you're doing though... you won't get arian unless I get Gore and DMC :)

I totally agree, but our league is full of untouchables. I find it funny.

I totally agree.

All quoted for accuracy.

Lol of all the trades that have been made, I don't think this one is as lopsided as you think. I get what you're doing though... you won't get arian unless I get Gore and DMC :)

That's the spirit, hahaha

I'm just busting your flautas bro!

edit: we've already played and I think I doubled you up anyway.

That's the spirit, hahaha

I'm just busting your flautas bro!

edit: we've already played and I think I doubled you up anyway.

Lol. Dude you killed me. It's the potential of your team. I'm glad I played you then and not now haha.

I still hate the QB hoarding. RB hoarding is different. They break, lose their starting gig and there just aren't that many good ones. So you hoard what you can. But there is no reason to have more then two QB's. One starter and the bye week fill in guy.

I still hate the QB hoarding. RB hoarding is different. They break, lose their starting gig and there just aren't that many good ones. So you hoard what you can. But there is no reason to have more then two QB's. One starter and the bye week fill in guy.

I certainly don't get it. Who's QB hoarding?

I know man. I've got 3 but they're all pretty much turds. I'm still deciding if the Sandman or Bradturd will carry the Grossmen into the promised land. Too bad Bradturd is hurt right now.

I certainly don't get it. Who's QB hoarding?

We have a couple QB hoarders. See below LOL

I know man. I've got 3 but they're all pretty much turds. I'm still deciding if the Sandman or Bradturd will carry the Grossmen into the promised land. Too bad Bradturd is hurt right now.

See your problem is you dont have a clear cut #1 so you are hoarding in hopes that one breaks out. I can fix that for you but you will need to let go of Foster. HAHA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back