Thinking about a Tesla

It is. More the need to constantly shake the steering wheel and inability to look away for more than a second and lockdown if you accelerate past 85.
The looking away thing has been a bit of a pain, though I get why they put that in.

I’m thinking about the new Model 3 Performance. It’s eligible for the $7,500 tax credit and is cheaper than the Long Range. Checks a lot of my boxes and I think I’m gonna stop by their store this weekend.

I’ve been wanting an EV to use up some of the solar power our house generates. Currently we kick back over half of what we generate back to the grid and we are not compensated equitably.

The Mrs and I are starting to flirt with the limits of the EV tax credit eligibility, so the time is right. Plus who doesn’t want 3 second 0-60 to scare their parents with.
Makes a ton of sense with the excess electricity your solar panels generate. We lived in CA and had solar when we bought our 2015 Model S new and with our solar it cost us basically zero to drive and my wife’s job at the time was reimbursing her 66 cents per mile for her commute. Our Model S got a new high voltage battery at 110,000 miles and it was covered under warranty. We’ve replaced the brakes once and had a few minor repair items like door handles. It’s been easily the least expensive car to maintain that we’ve ever owned. It now has 149,000 miles and I plan on keeping it as my daily driver for another 5 years. I love the reliability, acceleration, ride, and the body style which as you know hasn’t changed since 2012. It’s amazing how much utility it has for things like taking all 5 of us to the airport with 5+ bags of luggage.

Makes a ton of sense with the excess electricity your solar panels generate. We lived in CA and had solar when we bought our 2015 Model S new and with our solar it cost us basically zero to drive and my wife’s job at the time was reimbursing her 66 cents per mile for her commute. Our Model S got a new high voltage battery at 110,000 miles and it was covered under warranty. We’ve replaced the brakes once and had a few minor repair items like door handles. It’s been easily the least expensive car to maintain that we’ve ever owned. It now has 149,000 miles and I plan on keeping it as my daily driver for another 5 years. I love the reliability, acceleration, ride, and the body style which as you know hasn’t changed since 2012. It’s amazing how much utility it has for things like taking all 5 of us to the airport with 5+ bags of luggage.
That's why I also looked at Model S. Comfort, fairly efficient, good looks, Aluminum body, and especially Lift Back. May still get one some day.
Just wish it had more creature comforts. I love my Massage Seats in BMW.

That's why I also looked at Model S. Comfort, fairly efficient, good looks, Aluminum body, and especially Lift Back. May still get one some day.
Just wish it had more creature comforts. I love my Massage Seats in BMW.
The S is rather spartan for sure but the acceleration still puts a smile on my face each time I drive it. It’s mostly for short trips as almost everything is within 15 miles from home. For longer trips we take my wife’s Range Rover which also has the massage seats like your BMW. :)

How many sets of tires have you had in 149,000 miles?

How many sets of tires have you had in 149,000 miles?
Hard to remember exactly but when my wife was driving it mostly on the highway she got about 45k-50k. The past 6 years it’s been my daily driver and I get only about 32-35k out of them running all seasons and I run them hard. I’ve got 20” aftermarket wheels on it and have been running Continental Extreme Contact DWS06+ these last two sets and love them.

IMG_0602.jpeg

Hard to remember exactly but when my wife was driving it mostly on the highway she got about 45k-50k. The past 6 years it’s been my daily driver and I get only about 32-35k out of them running all seasons and I run them hard. I’ve got 20” aftermarket wheels on it and have been running Continental Extreme Contact DWS06+ these last two sets and love them.

View attachment 9260774
Great tire, have it on my GT

Saw a Cybertruck in the wild today...holy **** is it fugly.

Saw a Cybertruck in the wild today...holy **** is it fugly.
When you see them it’s hard I believe that a car manufacturer had the balls to build it.

When you see them it’s hard I believe that a car manufacturer had the balls to build it.
It's like they let a 6 year old cut up a shoe box.

Even harder to believe that someone would willingly pay money for it.

I was up in the Bay Area this past weekend and saw 3 on the road, each time they received the response “GD that is one fugly car”! Haha

Just penciling things out and I am pretty pumped for this test drive Saturday. Just hope the boss lady is on board, the M3P just seems like a lot of bang for the buck. Plus this will be the last year we can qualify for the Fed tax credit, just seems to make a lot of sense.

Should have ordered yesterday, Tesla bumped the price $1k on the Model 3 Performance. Not many trims eligible for the $7.5k tax credit. Fortunately, the one we want is!

Drove the new M3LR and a Model Y Performance. Those things are just silly fun to drive. Didn’t really like the Y, rear view was lacking and the ride was a little choppy. Really impressed with the 3, it handled and drove really nice. The ride was just so controlled and comfortable.

My 6 year old son got in the Y, demanded where the Youtube screen from the 3 was and immediately decided we needed the 3. Gonna probably pull the trigger sooner than later. Pearl white with black interior Performance incoming!!

Should have ordered yesterday, Tesla bumped the price $1k on the Model 3 Performance. Not many trims eligible for the $7.5k tax credit. Fortunately, the one we want is!

Drove the new M3LR and a Model Y Performance. Those things are just silly fun to drive. Didn’t really like the Y, rear view was lacking and the ride was a little choppy. Really impressed with the 3, it handled and drove really nice. The ride was just so controlled and comfortable.

My 6 year old son got in the Y, demanded where the Youtube screen from the 3 was and immediately decided we needed the 3. Gonna probably pull the trigger sooner than later. Pearl white with black interior Performance incoming!!
Next month will be 5 years with my M3. Couldn’t be happier. Perfect combo of fun and utility. Plus now anytime I get in anything else the interior feels like it’s from 20 years ago. 😬😂

I went with the Long Range Y because of the tax credit and it’s a little larger. Was eyeing the 3 last year before the tax credit was lost. I’m impressed with the experience so far. Was able to load up the family to visit my sister this weekend and we were to fit in comfortably. Was able to charge quickly at a supercharger once we got here.

View attachment 9260774
Have you had any odd wear issues? I've seen that rear suspension bushings can go pretty quickly and be a problem.

Have you had any odd wear issues? I've seen that rear suspension bushings can go pretty quickly and be a problem.

Zero odd wear issues. I rarely rotate my tires and each set has worn perfectly evenly over 149,000 miles I’ve owned it. I’ve never replaced any suspension parts.

Back