The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a nice little flip built in to the swing for a while Sharkman. Finally feel like I've got it semi-under control. I really feel like I'm exaggerating getting my hands in front of the ball at impact, though I'm sure it's nothing like I feel it is.

I had a nice little flip built in to the swing for a while Sharkman. Finally feel like I've got it semi-under control. I really feel like I'm exaggerating getting my hands in front of the ball at impact, though I'm sure it's nothing like I feel it is.

My issue with my swing at the time now too...real ugly when done off tee

My issue with my swing at the time now too...real ugly when done off tee

That's how I end up with really high launch and low spin. Head gets out in front and the ball gets way up there. Had some success yesterday when I was able to keep my angle, but it's a work in progress.

Have a lesson today with the pro at a local country club and hoping that he can see what I am doing with my driver. One shot I am pushing a little left, next a little right. Something seems a miss and part of the reason I want to work with him, is he is a lefty as well.

From there it is work on my short game. Shots from about 75 yards in wrecked havoc on my round yesterday.

I had a productive short game practice session yesterday. My SeeMore is my friend from 6' and in and that really saves my bacon. But my chipping and lag putting really need some work and I don't think I'm going to see appreciable improvement in my game until that happens.

Well, that didn't go as planned....

Irons are still in shambles, but driver is still working.

Just for ATLGolfer I think I'll head to the range in about 20 minutes.

100 balls. Mixed it up quite a bit tonight. Played some pretend holes, tested some clubs (both for THP and my own reasons), finished off with 20 short game shots. Extension and holding my angle is getting better (I think). Need to see on video to confirm, but it appears better. I'd say I'm at around a 50% success rate maybe, which is much better than the 0% I was at a month ago. Contact has been pretty good regardless. Just seeing a better ball flight and distance when I put it all together.

Tomorrow is lesson day!! Psyched

My favorite. Have fun buddy!

I am pumped. He is such a good hands on teacher. Generally has me going well in about 5 minutes. It should last at least 2 days lol. Might pay him to come to Myrtle with me

I am pumped. He is such a good hands on teacher. Generally has me going well in about 5 minutes. It should last at least 2 days lol. Might pay him to come to Myrtle with me

Go get em bro! Good luck.

I went and spent a couple hours practicing tonight. 100 balls and some short game, it was awesome.

Jake you need to stop practicing.

As long as the afternoon rain stays away, it's going to be a short game/putting night on the practice green. Then if I am feeling it, I am gonna go play at least 9 holes. Not sure if there is a league or not tonight at the course I am a member at. Last week I went out behind a ladies league as a single and it was horrible. Took me almost 2 and a half hours to play 9.

Just spent 45 minutes on the practice range and came away confused and a bit disappointed. Chipping has always been a real strength of mine until this year and all of a sudden I SUCK at it. I have a day here and there that I'm on and even making a few, but most days I'm pulling the ball well left of target. Distance is there, but I have actually started aiming 3 feet right of my line. I've tried with the face open/closed, wrists/no wrists, flex in my legs, gripping down, all sorts of stuff and just can't find it.

Back to the drawing board.

Weird Duey. You're a top-notch chipper! I bet you get it back once you stop thinking about it.

Weird Duey. You're a top-notch chipper! I bet you get it back once you stop thinking about it.

Boy I hope, but its been most of this season so far which makes me think I've changed something small that makes a pretty big difference.

Sounds like you're just closing the face somehow. Maybe your grip?

Hit a basket on the range, worked on short game and putting, and then played the par 3 at my local this morning. Feeling much more comfortable with my swing and it is showing with my scores. Had a par and 3 bogies on the 9-hole par 3. The other holes were derailed by a few shots into the water and some poor putting.

I had a great second shot out of some pretty nasty rough (think Merion) and got it within a few feet of the hole! However I still 2-putted.

All in all, feeling more comfortable and enthusiastic. I want to play everyday!! We have our first baby coming in a few weeks so I am getting out while I can.

Still waiting before I play a full 18 again. I need to get my long irons a little more consistent before that.

LOL. Definitey get that playing time in before the baby comes. Little time burglars they are!

Sounds like you're just closing the face somehow. Maybe your grip?

May well be what I'm doing. I rewatched a video on chipping that has me thinking grip, I can't get back out today, but hope to see that helps tomorrow. Something tells me I'm rolling my shoulders over, getting to active in the attempt to bump and run.

Here's any oldie, but a goodie.

I forgot all about that video, a good one. Makes me wonder if I'm hanging back on my right side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back