I ordered the Stack and will begin speed training this coming week. Is it problematic to start using the Stack right before the golf season (and into the golf season)? It seems like a lot of people do it in the offseason/winter. My season will start up in the next month or so as the weather warms up.
I started it mid season last year. Just start and see how you get on. Once you have completed at least the foundation you could look at doing either Flex or Cruiser programs which are more flexible in terms of frequency, but it also depends how often you will be playing. I am once a week now, and find just doing the normal programming okay.

After a year away, I am back to try Stack System again. I did over 200 workouts with it a couple years ago and it didnt seem to help much and I just put it away.....Now that I have discovered GolfForever which is building my balance and core strength, I feel that I still need some overspeed training. I like the rypstick as a swing tool but the app makes the stack system a better choice, im surprised that they have not offered a longer version.

After a year away, I am back to try Stack System again. I did over 200 workouts with it a couple years ago and it didnt seem to help much and I just put it away.....Now that I have discovered GolfForever which is building my balance and core strength, I feel that I still need some overspeed training. I like the rypstick as a swing tool but the app makes the stack system a better choice, im surprised that they have not offered a longer version.
What do you mean a longer version? Of the Stack "club"?

yes, its currently a hybrid length club, I thought they would release a longer version like 44-45" long

yes, its currently a hybrid length club, I thought they would release a longer version like 44-45" long
I can't see a reason for them to do that. It works as it is and the software extrapolates your driver speed pretty accurately based on the existing club length.
I suppose it would just be preference but, it's easier and cheaper for them to have a smaller number of options with just Adult and Junior. They stuck with two sizes for the baseball version too

Longer would make it easier to break if hitting the ground on accident, would also change the balance and weighting, etc. Harder to throw in the bag to use for warmups on course. Lots of reasons they may not want it to go longer.

Longer would also make it feel more like. driver.....using your reasoning the club can be the length of a sand wedge......RYpstick is at 45" and Stackspeed clubs I believe are quite long as well.....If u swing fast and hit the ground and break it, you will do the same with your driver. The Hybrid length is fine but usually when a company matures they always seem to feel the need to add more options and updated versions that are supposedly improved so they can make more money.

Longer would also make it feel more like. driver.....using your reasoning the club can be the length of a sand wedge......RYpstick is at 45" and Stackspeed clubs I believe are quite long as well.....If u swing fast and hit the ground and break it, you will do the same with your driver. The Hybrid length is fine but usually when a company matures they always seem to feel the need to add more options and updated versions that are supposedly improved so they can make more money.
They've added to the product via the software, so t has evolved and improved already. The other companies do it (I presume) because they are showing you the speed at that length because the only thing telling you speed is your radar? With the software on The Stack, it extrapolates up to what your driver is estimated to be, I've found it to be pretty close. My Espeed is 112 and today my after session swings averaged 112.4.

I agree the Espeed is pretty close , my thinking may be off but I like to recreate the arc and plane that im going to use and a 45" training tool seems to make "some" sense. I think on Super Speed, they actually have a long drivers set that is 47"

*Judging by the replies, I can see there is zero demand for a longer stack. Haha dont get me started on perhaps more weights for a heavier "pro" stick

I agree the Espeed is pretty close , my thinking may be off but I like to recreate the arc and plane that im going to use and a 45" training tool seems to make "some" sense. I think on Super Speed, they actually have a long drivers set that is 47"

*Judging by the replies, I can see there is zero demand for a longer stack. Haha dont get me started on perhaps more weights for a heavier "pro" stick

I actually don’t like the stack because of the shorter length. I find that the super speed length works well and teaches loading of the shaft better because it reacts like a driver would with the flex and releasing. I “hacked” the stack app last year by making up a serial number that it recognized to allow me to register with the app but after my trial ended I didn’t renew. It was also cumbersome to try to match up the weights with the stack v the 3 club system. If super speed had an app they’d be the clear winner in this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3rd session of the Neural Drive program completed today after playing a practice round.
IMG_0679.png

Looking at your previous session. Good to see you maintained speed even after playing a round. Nice work
Practice round? Have you entered a tourney?
Was practicing this morning by playing my course from the Senior Tees. Hit 3 wood off the tee on every hole because I’ll be using it a lot tomorrow.

Playing in the Southeast Georgia Senior Inter club match at Trident Lakes Golf Club in Kingsland, GA. I believe there will be 72 players in the event.

It is a team event, 50 and older, played from the Sr. Tees and the forward tees for those 70 and older.

Handicapped so I will probably be playing as a Scratch or maybe a Plus 1 since my handicap is established from the blue tees and I’ll get whacked because I’m playing up two sets of tees.

It’s a fun monthly competition that moves around among several courses. Usually followed by a luncheon. We are hosting it next month.

Was practicing this morning by playing my course from the Senior Tees. Hit 3 wood off the tee on every hole because I’ll be using it a lot tomorrow.

Playing in the Southeast Georgia Senior Inter club match at Trident Lakes Golf Club in Kingsland, GA. I believe there will be 72 players in the event.

It is a team event, 50 and older, played from the Sr. Tees and the forward tees for those 70 and older.

Handicapped so I will probably be playing as a Scratch or maybe a Plus 1 since my handicap is established from the blue tees and I’ll get whacked because I’m playing up two sets of tees.

It’s a fun monthly competition that moves around among several courses. Usually followed by a luncheon. We are hosting it next month.
Good luck in the tournament.

I'd suck at that, even with going up a tee (I play white usually), people always ask why I'm an 18 (when they see how far I drive) . The usual answer from me is "the problem is the bit in between the drive and it going in the hole for me. Although my putting is doing okay now, I really need to increase my work on 150yds and in and that's what my last few lessons have been. But it's just so different hitting on course vs sim / lessons.

I ordered the Stack and will begin speed training this coming week. Is it problematic to start using the Stack right before the golf season (and into the golf season)? It seems like a lot of people do it in the offseason/winter. My season will start up in the next month or so as the weather warms up.
I started last April and used it regularly until August when a shoulder injury required me to lay off for a couple months.

I’ve found that if you golf frequently it makes for a great warm up before the round.

If you golf infrequently it is better to consider it as training/exercise.

IMG_9584.png
Pretty good one tonight. I’m not kidding about the difference off the tee, the stats are showing that this works. Some of it maybe better driver fit, better mechanics, etc, but I don’t know if you can fake this funk.
2023:
IMG_9585.jpeg
2024: (smaller data set admittedly after only a couple rounds)

IMG_9586.jpeg
Either way, I’m really happy with the results I’m seeing so far.

Pretty good one tonight. I’m not kidding about the difference off the tee, the stats are showing that this works. Some of it maybe better driver fit, better mechanics, etc, but I don’t know if you can fake this funk.
2023:

Either way, I’m really happy with the results I’m seeing so far.
That's insane! (in a good way)
What's performance avg vs avg? either way great increases on course there!

I'm legit thinking I may need to go for another fitting, I seem to be pushing / fading almost everything, which (in my limited knowledge) implies I can't close the face fast enough at this speed. Will ask my instructor next lesson.

Great work! Keep it up

That's insane! (in a good way)
What's performance avg vs avg? either way great increases on course there!

I'm legit thinking I may need to go for another fitting, I seem to be pushing / fading almost everything, which (in my limited knowledge) implies I can't close the face fast enough at this speed. Will ask my instructor next lesson.

Great work! Keep it up
To my understanding, P-Avg is the average of your best swings, average is your mis-hits calculated in as well. I’ll be curious to see if this head/shaft combo continues to perform like this if speed continues to increase!

Awesome results.....what kind of distance increases are u seeing on the course ??? 46 yards ???

Session 23 of Neural Drive done, one left to go. It was a good day. PBs all over the place even if only by 1mph (300g was a swing and set pb at 96mph, and 135g swing was broken twice today). It's all incremental progress.
Neural Drive Session_23.jpgNeural Drive Session_23_PB_SET_300.jpgNeural Drive Session_23_PB_135.jpgNeural Drive Session_23_PB_SET_105.jpg

what kind of ball speeds are u seeing right now ?
I was doing some sim work a week ago not too warmed up before I started my lesson. I was swinging driver at ~108 CHS, ball speed at 152mph
3W & 3H I'm seeing 96/95mph & 143 & 145mph CHS/BS respectively.

Thank you for letting me know, im not quite there yet but im hoping to get to your stack speed soon !!! Would love to see some 150+ ball speeds

ok, ok....had one of those days, second session in and had high hopes for seeing some good numbers ....even stretched out and use some dry grip on my hands......but I could tell after a few swings that today would be disappointing.....was hoping for 1-2mph faster and headed up 5mph slower....I know progress is not linear but a 2-3 mph loss would have been plenty..... 5mph is borderline depressing

ok, ok....had one of those days, second session in and had high hopes for seeing some good numbers ....even stretched out and use some dry grip on my hands......but I could tell after a few swings that today would be disappointing.....was hoping for 1-2mph faster and headed up 5mph slower....I know progress is not linear but a 2-3 mph loss would have been plenty..... 5mph is borderline depressing
Absolutely not linear. Doesn't feel good when you slow down but it will happen, sometimes more than others.
For reference, these are my driver averages after each session that I've done since starting. 1 session left in Neural Drive (ignore the 120s those are my reference numbers for now), likely to do on Thursday then progress check. Overall still a decent gain since starting and I'm over 20mph faster than when I got my clubs a few years ago.
Screen Shot 2024-04-16 at 5.14.00 PM.png
Screen Shot 2024-04-16 at 5.14.25 PM.png
Screen Shot 2024-04-16 at 5.15.30 PM.png

Back