The Official Tiger Woods Thread

This was a fun thread to catch up on. I'm a Tigger fan. I like him just fine. Watching him play golf well is more fun to me than watching anyone else play as well. I don't know why, but it is. I guess that makes me one of his slurpers. Oh well. I hope Tigger wins today.

Phil's had forty PGA victories. Most during the Tiger era. I like him just fine.

Nothing wrong with Phil. He is a great player. People have this thing like "Phil Good - Tiger Bad"...but I am sure there are grey areas in there.

I agree with you on that. Turrible pres conference. Might as well have had Siri do the presser

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

I agree but let's see something here. What would you like hear from tW during a presser? In the grand scheme of things why is a presser such a big deal. People don't tune in to see the guy talk.
I mean if he is more personable is it going to change the way you play golf or raise your kids or act during the day....No.
People tune in to watch golf and good golf at that.

Nothing wrong with Phil. He is a great player. People have this thing like "Phil Good - Tiger Bad"...but I am sure there are grey areas in there.

If you break it down that really is the case. Tiger basically eff'd off his wife. Phil stood strong by his wife. Phil smiles and really seems to live what he does. TW treats it like a job, all business. There are more reasons but too many to go into.

I think that's the way that sports works, when there is a rivalry, people want to pick sides. In the 80s with basketball, you were either a Magic/Lakers fan or a Bird/Celtics fan. Taking it to individual sports more recently, in men's tennis you were either a Federer guy or a Nadal guy...stupid Djokovic had to come along and screw that up. :wink:

Everyone on here knows that I'm a Tiger fan. What he did in his personal life was awful. I choose to support Tiger because I appreciate what he does on the golf course, and what he does off of the course doesn't factor into that for me. Some people can't separate the two, and I have no problem with that either. It's the exact same as how some people can't support Michael Vick at all or people like that.

I've said this before, but I really wish Tiger would just embrace the bad guy thing. The PGA tour needs a villain. Show up in all black - in a limo with strippers or something. I want Tiger to be honest with himself and everyone else. If he is a dirtbag - then be the baddest dirtbag the tour has ever seen. Stop trying to change and become the heel that everyone knows you are.

I agree but let's see something here. What would you like hear from tW during a presser? In the grand scheme of things why is a presser such a big deal. People don't tune in to see the guy talk.
I mean if he is more personable is it going to change the way you play golf or raise your kids or act during the day....No.

I wasn't talking about "a tiger presser" in general. I was talking about his apology presser where he got up and looked silly. That specific one was awful. I don't really care about all his other on air interviews and boring spots he does. That was his chance to be real and genuine but he failed. And miserably.

I've said this before, but I really wish Tiger would just embrace the bad guy thing. The PGA tour needs a villain. Show up in all black - in a limo with strippers or something. I want Tiger to be honest with himself and everyone else. If he is a dirtbag - then be the baddest dirtbag the tour has ever seen. Stop trying to change and become the heel that everyone knows you are.

Daly sat that bar so high though. I don't give a flying rats juice box what he does away from the game, its what goes between the ropes that matters to me. My heroes, idols, whatever the term, don't play sports.

--
tapatalk

Daly sat that bar so high though. I don't give a flying rats juice box what he does away from the game, its what goes between the ropes that matters to me. My heroes, idols, whatever the term, don't play sports.

--
tapatalk

hahahah very good point.

I think that's the way that sports works, when there is a rivalry, people want to pick sides. In the 80s with basketball, you were either a Magic/Lakers fan or a Bird/Celtics fan. Taking it to individual sports more recently, in men's tennis you were either a Federer guy or a Nadal guy...stupid Djokovic had to come along and screw that up. :wink:

Everyone on here knows that I'm a Tiger fan. What he did in his personal life was awful. I choose to support Tiger because I appreciate what he does on the golf course, and what he does off of the course doesn't factor into that for me. Some people can't separate the two, and I have no problem with that either. It's the exact same as how some people can't support Michael Vick at all or people like that.

I'm the same way, it like watching Tiger play golf, his personal life has no bearing on me, live it as he wants. I don't agree with what he did, but it's his life, not mine.

I began watching Tiger play golf because he was an excellent golfer, not because i thought he was a good person.

I wasn't talking about "a tiger presser" in general. I was talking about his apology presser where he got up and looked silly. That specific one was awful. I don't really care about all his other on air interviews and boring spots he does. That was his chance to be real and genuine but he failed. And miserably.

I didn't know we were going that far back, my bad. That was pretty damn bad

That was not a typical presser though. He needed to just walk out there with no canned speech. Honestly that was worse than just staying mute

How come? I mean, what changed for you griff?

I remember when Tiger was missing cuts and sucking that Jake loved old Hunter. Funny how when Tiger plays decently his slurpers all come running back. Cracks me up.

Shrug, I've pulled for him through and through. I don't understand why just because some of us like Tiger we get bashed so hard for it. It works both ways. I'm actually pulling for Ernie today over anybody in the field. Honestly I'd love to see Ernie win, GMac come in 2nd, and Tiger 3rd. I LOVE Ernie Els. I'm still a Tiger fan, but I pull for other people too. I understand that some people are so high on Tigers jock that it's ridiculous but don't group us all together.

That was not a typical presser though. He needed to just walk out there with no canned speech. Honestly that was worse than just staying mute

That was a poor attempt fo sho!! His choice in PR is horrid.
You know the sooner he breaks Jacks records the quicker he will disappear. I think if he breaks the major mark he will disappear from sight.

You know the sooner he breaks Jacks records the quicker he will disappear. I think if he breaks the major mark he will disappear from sight.

Yeah I think he gets 19 and pulls a DB Cooper

I prefer to support athletes, actors, teachers, whomever, that appeal to me both for how well they do what they do, but also for the kind of human being they are. That just makes sense to me. Maybe I'm weird. I spent 17 NFL seasons watching Favre, as exciting and crazy good as he could be at times, all the while knowing he was a jerk, and I'm not talking about his Vicodin addiction. A good portion of that 17 years was unsettling.

From all accounts Tiger treats people poorly, obviously his family, servers, writers, his coaches, etc. I have no use for that. We have a lot of members here that post frequently about how this forum is a family, about how well members treat each other, about how great the people are here. I'm surprised that when this is so important to many of us, so many support Tiger. I doubt he'd be a good THPer.

Kevin

Shrug, I've pulled for him through and through. I don't understand why just because some of us like Tiger we get bashed so hard for it. It works both ways. I'm actually pulling for Ernie today over anybody in the field. Honestly I'd love to see Ernie win, GMac come in 2nd, and Tiger 3rd. I LOVE Ernie Els. I'm still a Tiger fan, but I pull for other people too. I understand that some people are so high on Tigers jock that it's ridiculous but don't group us all together.

I can't speak for TC but I don't think it's the fact that you like TW (you meaning fans) it's that when he or anyone that doesn't pull for TW says something some get very defensive. It's not like we have any vested interest in TW or any other golfer but no one else gets defended like TW.
He is an awesome golfer, everyone knows this but he sucks as a human in sh$t ton of people eyes. Defending him like he was a brother seems to get old. Just as the bashing does but this is a forum. Last I checked we all have an opinion that should spark good conversation. TW opinions make people feel bad. I suggest we all enjoy golf and if you can't handle hearing negatives or positives.....tough sh$t. It's hear to stay, as long as he is still playing!

I don't. Not by a long shot. He will want to set the bar so high that nobody will ever be able to challenge him.
Yeah I think he gets 19 and pulls a DB Cooper

Exactly. Whoever conned him into that speech should have been fired. Agree 100% with chunkytigerlover that he should have just said what came to mind. Even if it was " f*ck all this and all you hypocrites I'm going to Perkins" still would have been better then what he did.

I like watching Tiger play golf. I like watching Tiger play when he is playing well, I like watching when he is playing badly. Always have. Just like I watch Alabama football even when they are losing. There is something about watching a tournament that Tiger is in that just makes it better for me. I don't know why. I don't like Tiger, I don't even root for him, but watching him is as exciting as it gets for me. I make no apologies for that.

I don't. Not by a long shot. He will want to set the bar so high that nobody will ever be able to challenge him.

At this point the bar may have already been set too high by Jack. A win today will help the cause by the longer he fails to close the farther he will get from Jack's record. Just as winning is in contagious so is losing.

I can't speak for TC but I don't think it's the fact that you like TW (you meaning fans) it's that when he or anyone that doesn't pull for TW says something some get very defensive. It's not like we have any vested interest in TW or any other golfer but no one else gets defended like TW.
He is an awesome golfer, everyone knows this but he sucks as a human in sh$t ton of people eyes. Defending him like he was a brother seems to get old. Just as the bashing does but this is a forum. Last I checked we all have an opinion that should spark good conversation. TW opinions make people feel bad. I suggest we all enjoy golf and if you can't handle hearing negatives or positives.....tough sh$t. It's hear to stay, as long as he is still playing!

That's fine, my feelings don't get hurt just because someone doesn't pull for the same person or have the same opinion as I do. I still enjoy the conversation and respect people such as you, Esox, TC, etc. It just seems like just because someone here pulls for him on occassion, or has a different opinion that could be considered defending him in certain areas they're all of a sudden a "Tiger d1ck rider". I like Tiger, but I know he's a crappy person. I pull for other people over him all the time, just like today. IF someone was talking crap about Ernie I'd be there as well defending him. And heaven forbid someone talk junk about Tom Watson. I'd blow a fuse.

That's fine, my feelings don't get hurt just because someone doesn't pull for the same person or have the same opinion as I do. I still enjoy the conversation and respect people such as you, Esox, TC, etc. It just seems like just because someone here pulls for him on occassion, or has a different opinion that could be considered defending him in certain areas they're all of a sudden a "Tiger d1ck rider". I like Tiger, but I know he's a crappy person. I pull for other people over him all the time, just like today. IF someone was talking crap about Ernie I'd be there as well defending him. And heaven forbid someone talk junk about Tom Watson. I'd blow a fuse.
Yup, I was a huge Tom Watson homer. Love the guy.

That's fine, my feelings don't get hurt just because someone doesn't pull for the same person or have the same opinion as I do. I still enjoy the conversation and respect people such as you, Esox, TC, etc. It just seems like just because someone here pulls for him on occassion, or has a different opinion that could be considered defending him in certain areas they're all of a sudden a "Tiger d1ck rider". I like Tiger, but I know he's a crappy person. I pull for other people over him all the time, just like today. IF someone was talking crap about Ernie I'd be there as well defending him. And heaven forbid someone talk junk about Kmac. I'd blow a fuse.

lol @ Tom Watson part but I fify hehe. Remember the truck bed!

Tiger walks to the first tee head down. Gmac walks to the first tee high five'ing fans.

Anyone can root for Tiger. I'm not here to tell you not to. I'm just telling you why I don't like him. Get over it.

Back