The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to do you a solid and make a call for you. See if we can't get your resume on top of the stack. No promises but I'll make a call....

Freddie just continuing to be the man.

I'm going to do you a solid and make a call for you. See if we can't get your resume on top of the stack. No promises but I'll make a call....

Freddie, you are an unending expanse of helpfulness. That is abso-freakin-lutely awesome.

Just remembered: I was on the practice green, and I see two 12 year old kids watching me putt and chip. I am fine with this, seem like nice kids, said they had just got done playing. They look at my clubs, chip a bit with me, over-all just being kids. Then I see one of them pull a can of dip (finely cut chewing tobacco) and stuff an ounce or so under his lip. What kind of idiotic parent allows there children to do this??? I can't stand it.

Just remembered: I was on the practice green, and I see two 12 year old kids watching me putt and chip. I am fine with this, seem like nice kids, said they had just got done playing. They look at my clubs, chip a bit with me, over-all just being kids. Then I see one of them pull a can of dip (finely cut chewing tobacco) and stuff an ounce or so under his lip. What kind of idiotic parent allows there children to do this??? I can't stand it.

Could be a parent that has no idea, just saying. I had friends that dipped at that age and their parents just never knew.

That is a possibility, but in my area it is much more common for the parent to just buy it for them. Plus he walked off to his parent with it still in his mouth.
Could be a parent that has no idea, just saying. I had friends that dipped at that age and their parents just never knew.

That is a possibility, but in my area it is much more common for the parent to just buy it for them. Plus he walked off to his parent with it still in his mouth.

Now I smoke cigars and cigarillos, but dipping always seemed disgusting to me.

Lots a PGA guys do it ....

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

I used to do it. It's the spitting that's disgusting. I mean you gotta spit, but be discreet about it.

They dip? Wow, color me ignorant...

Ummm, is TC a big man!? Lots of guys on your dip. Not a huge number but there are a few!

Ummm, is TC a big man!? Lots of guys on your dip. Not a huge number but there are a few!

I dip and chew whilst playing. Not as much as I use to though.

Sent from my forged iPad

Now I have nothing against someone legally using tobacco. Heck, ever since I turned 18 I have toyed with the idea of buying a fine cigar to see what people rave about, but it can hardly be deemed responsible parenting.

Hawk forced/peer pressured me into dipping a pouch at the last outing. I had it in for 4 minutes, it burned worse than mouthwash x 10 and made my nose itchy. Out she went lol.

Got an email back from the F&B Director who passed along my information because he had just resigned from Sawgrass. A big thanks goes to Mr. Kong who is making a personal call. What a guy!

Just not for me, I guess. I'd rather enjoy a cigar. But then again, I've never tried it.

Now I have nothing against someone legally using tobacco. Heck, ever since I turned 18 I have toyed with the idea of buying a fine cigar to see what people rave about, but it can hardly be deemed responsible parenting.
Please don't!

I chewed tobacco for about a month 30+ years ago trying to get my wife to quit smoking. I would keep a spit cup between us as we watched TV (pretty disgusting I know, but that was the plan). Long story short, it was not working on getting her to quit and I actually started looking forward to putting a chew in my mouth. I quit at that point.

Hawk forced/peer pressured me into dipping a pouch at the last outing. I had it in for 4 minutes, it burned worse than mouthwash x 10 and made my nose itchy. Out she went lol.

Got an email back from the F&B Director who passed along my information because he had just resigned from Sawgrass. A big thanks goes to Mr. Kong who is making a personal call. What a guy!

Ok...dip doesn't go into your nose.....there in lies your problem

I chewed tobacco for about a month 30+ years ago trying to get my wife to quit smoking. I would keep a spit cup between us as we watched TV (pretty disgusting I know, but that was the plan). Long story short, it was not working on getting her to quit and I actually started looking forward to putting a chew in my mouth. I quit at that point.

It's funny you mentioned that Dawg. I quit smoking many years ago by going to chewing tobacco. Then I had to quit the chew and it was hard! I kicked it by going with the nicorette gum which had the nicotine buzz to it. It took about a month with the gum but I finally got off it. I have not used a tobacco product in over 30 years.

My dad played baseball all the way up through the majors and dipped for about 30 years. When he turned 45 and after his best friend found out he had tongue cancer he decided he was gonna quit. He quit cold turkey that day, after 30 years. I'll never forget it. Just takes a ton of willpower I guess.

I smoked some through college. It just seemed so good especially after a few drinks. I knew I had to quit. I just kept cutting back and then stopped all together 3 yrs ago. I get tempted every once in a while but nothing too bad.

Damnit, I knew Hawk was a scheister!

It was in the right spot, but my nose started to itch... Tough to explain, lol.

You inhaled. It's cool..

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back