The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
My rant today is the same as yesterday and the day before that and the day before that and the day before that...........which is WINTER! I hate it more every year. Should have moved south thirty years ago.....

I'm home from the course, and I was not having a good day. A double-bogey fest. Anyway, I am getting frustrated, so I pull the driver, which I had not been using much, and rip one dead down the middle. I'm thinking, wow, that is KILLED. Now, I rely on a bit of roll with my driver, as I am a lowballer off the tee. Averaging about 230 carry right now, with 20-30 yards roll on a good day. I hear a loud THWAP. Sure enough, I get to my ball, and it is buried a half inch into the mud.

I'm home from the course, and I was not having a good day. A double-bogey fest. Anyway, I am getting frustrated, so I pull the driver, which I had not been using much, and rip one dead down the middle. I'm thinking, wow, that is KILLED. Now, I rely on a bit of roll with my driver, as I am a lowballer off the tee. Averaging about 230 carry right now, with 20-30 yards roll on a good day. I hear a loud THWAP. Sure enough, I get to my ball, and it is buried a half inch into the mud.

That is the worst, man. I've had a couple rounds recently where nothing went my way - and if I actually hit a good shot, it would find its way into a bunker, behind a tree because of rollout, through a fairway into a hazard, or buried. I feel your pain dude. This game is tough.

Went to the driving range this morning which was fairly quiet for a Saturday morning and plenty of open mats (two story range... not a golf course). I go to the far end to work on some drills and after 10 minutes two guys in tank tops setup in the two mats behind me. Whatever no big deal even though its wide open so I go back to doing pump drills with my 8 iron. All of a sudden I hear a loud bang and a golf balls lands on my mat missing me by inches!!! The guy behind me had a driver in hand and doesn't say a thing. Just tees up another ball and at this point I back off and watch him swing. Once again a loud bang because he popped up his driver into the metal overhang and bounces towards my mat. His friend is cracking up and I'm so annoyed at this point. 3rd shot with driver goes about 150 yards and it was like he smashed it 300+ yards..."Whoaaaa look at that bro!!! Made it to the 150!!!!" All this screaming and nonsense continued for the next 20 minutes!!! With about 1/2 a bucket left I packed up and moved to the grass area.

I guess driving range etiquette is out-the-window in a public setting like this one. Okay that's my rant for the day.... feel better now lol.

Went to the driving range this morning which was fairly quiet for a Saturday morning and plenty of open mats (two story range... not a golf course). I go to the far end to work on some drills and after 10 minutes two guys in tank tops setup in the two mats behind me. Whatever no big deal even though its wide open so I go back to doing pump drills with my 8 iron. All of a sudden I hear a loud bang and a golf balls lands on my mat missing me by inches!!! The guy behind me had a driver in hand and doesn't say a thing. Just tees up another ball and at this point I back off and watch him swing. Once again a loud bang because he popped up his driver into the metal overhang and bounces towards my mat. His friend is cracking up and I'm so annoyed at this point. 3rd shot with driver goes about 150 yards and it was like he smashed it 300+ yards..."Whoaaaa look at that bro!!! Made it to the 150!!!!" All this screaming and nonsense continued for the next 20 minutes!!! With about 1/2 a bucket left I packed up and moved to the grass area.

I guess driving range etiquette is out-the-window in a public setting like this one. Okay that's my rant for the day.... feel better now lol.

YEAH that sounds like some pretty inconsiderate A holes there i dont know if i would have said something or not at least say something to mangement?? BETTER LUCK next time...

Look at it this way: at least you have a range. I don't.

I've been yakking up blood the past two days. Nothing major or constant but its aggravating to be at work and suddenly have to urge to go shove your face in a public toilet for a few minutes.

--
tapatalk

I've been yakking up blood the past two days. Nothing major or constant but its aggravating to be at work and suddenly have to urge to go shove your face in a public toilet for a few minutes.

--
tapatalk

Umm...throwing up blood seems like a situation to me. But hey, I'm no doctor.

Ya that doesn't sound good.

Tap Tap Tap

That sucks dude, but at least you played. Snow here.

Arse hats like that just make my butt want to take a dip of snuff, they know what they are doing and enjoy it. They were probably disappointed that you were not conforntational as they were just looking to be exactly what hey are - punks.

--
tapatalk

Not good buddy, get to a doctor and let him tell you it is nothing major.

Arse hats like that just make my butt want to take a dip of snuff, they know what they are doing and enjoy it. They were probably disappointed that you were not conforntational as they were just looking to be exactly what hey are - punks.

Yup, sometimes you just gotta take the high road and walk away.

I want to snap my putter right now...4 missed birdies after 6 and two bogeys on top of those because of bad putts

I want to snap my putter right now...4 missed birdies after 6 and two bogeys on top of those because of bad putts

Could be the vodka cranberries hehe

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Could be the vodka cranberries hehe

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^
And just hit my best drive ever...and hit too far into a lake that is over flooded. Wtf

Time to order a bottle and just roll with it lol

FRICKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Just had a missed call from the PGATour. I feel like an idiot, and they didnt leave a message. DANG.

FRICKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Just had a missed call from the PGATour. I feel like an idiot, and they didnt leave a message. DANG.

Um call them back, and keep calling. Who calls on Saturdays though?

--
tapatalk

I had just submitted a resume and cover letter not even 30 minutes ago. I called back and it goes to their normal "hours of operation" machine.

Um call them back, and keep calling. Who calls on Saturdays though?

--
tapatalk

That must be one amazing resume man, best wishes.

--
tapatalk

FRICKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Keep calling them until they pick up. Can't hurt.

Edit: Sucks that you got their machine, but call back when they're in.

Well I submitted a resume/cover letter to one of the managers of TPC sawgrass, which we all know is also PGA tour hq. Dangit.

Maybe they did leave a message and my message thingy sucks. I've gotten messages late before. Sucky.

FRICKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

I would take that as a good sign that they called on the weekend. Good luck.

Well I submitted a resume/cover letter to one of the managers of TPC sawgrass, which we all know is also PGA tour hq. Dangit.

Maybe they did leave a message and my message thingy sucks. I've gotten messages late before. Sucky.

Dude, call them back!

I'm going to do you a solid and make a call for you. See if we can't get your resume on top of the stack. No promises but I'll make a call....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back