The Official Counterfeit Thread

I gotta admit, I didn't look at this thread until after ordering some new irons off e-bay, and the stuff in here had me a bit concerned. I'm happy to say that all is well though. You can add tincup_golfstore on e-bay to the list as one of the good ones. I bought a set of NIB W/S Di-11's 4-GW from this guy on 7/20/11 for $305.00 free shipping and got them today 7/23/11. Even sent them FedEx rather than UPS ground like it stated in the details. Couldn't be more pleased with the transaction.

www.golfclubgate.com ...seems to good to be true..

Quotes from the about us..

For privacy protection, informations in our website only use the same for the purpose of stastatistical analysis or for any other specified business purpose, unless the information involves personal details, going beyond master data or usage data. Customers are able to unsubscribing, removing or modify your information.

Conditions of Use and Privacy Notice in our website will changes as well, please check our websites frequently for recent updates.

Also, any site that doesn't list an actual company location is almost always bogus.

Oh, and finally, those deals are insane. Steer clear.

I gotta admit, I didn't look at this thread until after ordering some new irons off e-bay, and the stuff in here had me a bit concerned. I'm happy to say that all is well though. You can add tincup_golfstore on e-bay to the list as one of the good ones. I bought a set of NIB W/S Di-11's 4-GW from this guy on 7/20/11 for $305.00 free shipping and got them today 7/23/11. Even sent them FedEx rather than UPS ground like it stated in the details. Couldn't be more pleased with the transaction.

wow thats a great deal, congrats!

www.golfclubgate.com ...seems to good to be true..

POTENTIAL SCAM ALERT!

Did quick search:

Registrant:
bob wang
Ningbo youngor avenue 362 #3006
zhejiang, zhejiang 315000
China

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: GOLFCLUBGATE.COM
Created on: 02-Apr-11
Expires on: 02-Apr-12
Last Updated on: 18-Apr-11

Administrative Contact:
wang, bob [email protected]
China
+86.13565487458

Technical Contact:
wang, bob [email protected]
China
+86.13565487458

Domain servers in listed order:
DNS225-1.NEXCESS.NET
DNS225-2.NEXCESS.NET

Registry Status: clientDeleteProhibited
Registry Status: clientRenewProhibited
Registry Status: clientTransferProhibited
Registry Status: clientUpdateProhibited

There's a deal on ebay for two R11 fairway woods for $240 with free shipping. Obviously seems fake, but I sent an email inquiring about them, so we shall see. They are from inside the states. I'll keep you guys posted.

I saw some YES putters on clearence somewhere on there for 50$ shipped!!!! I think it was rockbottom, or golfetail. Seems like a great deal to me, but I am not too familiar with those putters.

This may be a stupid question, so forgive my simpleness if it is, but are there fake shafts as well? Mainly asking about fake wood shafts, like voodoo's, f1's, etc.

Yes, when a company (usually based out of China) sells you a fake club, not only is the club fake, but the shaft is as well. You can usually tell my the printing quality of the text on the shaft if you look closely.

Whenever I see, hear, or sniff China :)poop:) near golf club sales I do an about-face and head in the other direction.

Yupp thats mostlikely what i thought...a lot of times the factories will make legit ones in the day for the actual brand and then at night use the same molds and make crappy ones with cheap metal and sell them on sites like golfclubgate....

Yupp thats mostlikely what i thought...a lot of times the factories will make legit ones in the day for the actual brand and then at night use the same molds and make crappy ones with cheap metal and sell them on sites like golfclubgate....

I think Golf Channel should do a special on counterfeit golf clubs. How do those companies get away with using the casts? That has to be copyright infringement right?

Discount Taylormade

Discount Taylormade

So before I got involved with this site I stupidly ordered a set of TM TP CB's and a r11 fairway wood from discounttaylormade. Com. The deal was too good but another buddy ordered a set of xd's from there and they looked dead on shafts grips and all. He finally got to go hit them and had mixed results with them. My CB's and R11 came at the same time he got to hit his clubs. So I went and hit the irons and they hit pretty good and actually comparable to my burner plus irons with the added ability of working the ball. I had not actually hit the cb's yet but knew at the price I could get at least trade in.

Went to change the fct plate on the R11 and it was plastic so obvious fake.

So this morning I stopped in at dicks sporting goods after I got off shift to look at the r11 again. Shaft of mine is obvious fake and mine has a ladies grip on it. But everything else looks damn good.

Well after this I have to look at a set of real cb's. So I drove the 45 mins to my nearest golf galaxy to compare the two. Took in the seven iron to compare. First major discrepancy is the grip again a ladies but I knew that cause it's the same as the r11's. Compared everything even though I new I was holding a fake weight is not reall but looks it, carbon fiber is not real on mine and mine is a true cast club not a combination of forged and cast. So I asked the pretty little red head working if I could hit the seven iron cause I am sure I got a fake. So I take them to the simulator and hit them both side by side distance and ball flight are truly close. Amazing!!! So I now know for a fact I'm the not so proud owner of a fake set of cb's that actually hit well. :banghead:

So I call my buddy and tell him my findings. I called TM to tell them about the site and called my credit card and am now in the middle of a dispute.

So the biggest aggravation is I hit the real cb's and love em just can't afford them.

Once again I've learned my lesson the hard way, which seems like the only way I learn.

fakes_1.jpg

fakes_2.jpg

fakes_3.jpg

fakes_4.jpg

fakes_5.jpg

fakes_6.jpg

fakes_7.jpg

fakes_8.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone had experience with either of the following two ebay users?

tee2green6931
budgetgolfer

They both seemed to have alot of good feedback but it would be nice to get some feedback from the forum

Thanks

I just got a M4 Mashie from tee2green6931, great price, fast shipping and looks legit to me.

So before I got involved with this site I stupidly ordered a set of TM TP CB's and a r11 fairway wood from discounttaylormade. Com. The deal was too good but another buddy ordered a set of xd's from there and they looked dead on shafts grips and all. He finally got to go hit them and had mixed results with them. My CB's and R11 came at the same time he got to hit his clubs. So I went and hit the irons and they hit pretty good and actually comparable to my burner plus irons with the added ability of working the ball. I had not actually hit the cb's yet but knew at the price I could get at least trade in.

Went to change the fct plate on the R11 and it was plastic so obvious fake.

So this morning I stopped in at dicks sporting goods after I got off shift to look at the r11 again. Shaft of mine is obvious fake and mine has a ladies grip on it. But everything else looks damn good.

Well after this I have to look at a set of real cb's. So I drove the 45 mins to my nearest golf galaxy to compare the two. Took in the seven iron to compare. First major discrepancy is the grip again a ladies but I knew that cause it's the same as the r11's. Compared everything even though I new I was holding a fake weight is not reall but looks it, carbon fiber is not real on mine and mine is a true cast club not a combination of forged and cast. So I asked the pretty little red head working if I could hit the seven iron cause I am sure I got a fake. So I take them to the simulator and hit them both side by side distance and ball flight are truly close. Amazing!!! So I now know for a fact I'm the not so proud owner of a fake set of cb's that actually hit well. :banghead:

So I call my buddy and tell him my findings. I called TM to tell them about the site and called my credit card and am now in the middle of a dispute.

So the biggest aggravation is I hit the real cb's and love em just can't afford them.

Once again I've learned my lesson the hard way, which seems like the only way I learn.

]

Does it say Tour Preffered along the edge of the iron? I'd reccomend checking out some reputable sellers on Ebay next time. That R11 is so insanely fake, I'm sorry about that. How does the R11 hit. Did you get a chance to compare the headcovers too?

I've been seeing many requests from THP'ers who wonder if sites are legit.

A simple whois search often shows that many of these sites are sketchy at best.

http://who.godaddy.com/

I personally stay away anytime I see registration from random holding companies originating from the far east.

With 10 neg. this month check it out???Guy sounds like a scamer would not give serial nu. on clubs..

With 10 neg. this month check it out???Guy sounds like a scamer would not give serial nu. on clubs..

Actually the 11 negative for the past month are primarily about shipping charges and USPS vs FedEx. He also has over 1,700 positive for the past month.

Great thing about EBay - tons of options so don't buy if you are not comfortable. Personally, given how good EBay is about fixing things I would buy something if the deal was right.

I got an email from golfequiponline that after Darren Clarke's win, all TM equipment is discounted... The R11 is only 259.99. I doubt that's legit, but I figured I'd let everyone know incase they are a bogus or reputable site.

I got an email from golfequiponline that after Darren Clarke's win, all TM equipment is discounted... The R11 is only 259.99. I doubt that's legit, but I figured I'd let everyone know incase they are a bogus or reputable site.

Registrant:
Tony Ginger
315 Bartlett Street
Portsmouth, New Hampshire 03801
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: GOLFEQUIPONLINE.COM
Created on: 17-Apr-10
Expires on: 17-Apr-12
Last Updated on: 11-Apr-11

Administrative Contact:
Ginger, Tony [email protected]
315 Bartlett Street
United States
(603) 433-0564

Technical Contact:
Ginger, Tony [email protected]
315 Bartlett Street
United States
(603) 433-0564

Domain servers in listed order:
NS33.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS34.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

at least it's a US site.. though that doesn't preclude it from being a scam site as it isn't on the TM list of authorized online retailers

http://www.taylormadegolf.com/locator/online-retailer

I figured that he was just selling at wholesale thanks

Back