The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manning is done for the season. By the time he could come back, there would be no point in running him out there and risking further injury. Colts need to draft a QB, but they have A LOT of other holes to fill as well.

It really is amazing at how different a team the Colts are without Manning. His play covered up some glaring holes they have.

Last night showed me their defense can still play, and they are running the ball better. If Manning were playing I think things would be completely different right now. The defense looked ugly the first half of the first game, but other than that they have been improving, and I am very happy with the O-Line run blocking this year. Whenever Manning comes back he gets rit of the ball so much faster, and accurately, so the pass protection shouldn't be a problem.

Hey 2010... I figured you'd be making the worst post of the week and I was right!

Don't be bitter.

Kevin

hahahaha. FLTMex ready to eat some faces today.

So I like the Boys in a rivalry home Monday night game tonight. I think Romo shows up big tonight.

Wonder if the Eagles are having buyer's remorse about spending ~ $100m on a QB who can't stay on the field....and it's only week 3.

Great win for the Packers today. The Bears played tough but even a great defense is going to have a hard time stopping all the offensive weapons that the Packers have and its kind of hard to compete when you have a QB like Cutler and no running game.
Its still early but the Packers are definetly playing like champions right now.

Hey 2010... I figured you'd be making the worst post of the week and I was right!

Bucky, there is a ton of football yet to be played. I wouldn't get TOO excited right now. You are looking at the first three games with some serious green/gold colored glasses.

that says a lot coming from me.

So I like the Boys in a rivalry home Monday night game tonight. I think Romo shows up big tonight.

I do too. I think he plays well and they win.

I would also think that the Cowboys beat the Redskins. If, by a miracle, the Skins pull it out I think they have to start being taken seriously.

If I am a Redskins fan I am looking at old footage of Grossman in Chicago and wondering when the guy is going to revert to (bad) form. if you are a Dallas fan you have to be happy to see Grossman in there because he could be a help to their depleted secondary for the same reason. I think Dallas wins because I think their defense is much improved this year even with the secondary banged up and Romo will take some pills and play focused like he did in the second half last week.

Bucky, there is a ton of football yet to be played. I wouldn't get TOO excited right now. You are looking at the first three games with some serious green/gold colored glasses.

that says a lot coming from me.

I still think you all are going to be the team out of the NFC again. The secondary needs work but when you put up 30 points a game its hard to contend. So many weapons its just nasty. I think if our offense couldve given the defense better field position but not going 3 and out (i believe firts 3 series), there may have been a different score, but Packers still win.

Don't be bitter.

Kevin

Hahaha.. I would never! I speak the truth.

I do too. I think he plays well and they win.

Oddly enough I think that the rib injury keeps Romo in check but helps him play better if that makes sense. Less chances = less mistakes.

I would also think that the Cowboys beat the Redskins. If, by a miracle, the Skins pull it out I think they have to start being taken seriously.

If the Skins blow the Cowboys out at home then I agree. I just have a hard time taking Sexy Rexy seriously.

hahahaha. FLTMex ready to eat some faces today.

I like the Cowboys but I think both defenses get rolled tonight.

If I am a Redskins fan I am looking at old footage of Grossman in Chicago and wondering when the guy is going to revert to (bad) form. if you are a Dallas fan you have to be happy to see Grossman in there because he could be a help to their depleted secondary for the same reason. I think Dallas wins because I think their defense is much improved this year even with the secondary banged up and Romo will take some pills and play focused like he did in the second half last week.

Well I'm a Rexman homer and if you watch last years footage, he cleaned house on the Cowboys. He has more weapons and a better oline in Washington. He will make stupid throws (see last week) but overall his is a better QB than 06. Have faith in the dude.

I still think you all are going to be the team out of the NFC again. The secondary needs work but when you put up 30 points a game its hard to contend. So many weapons its just nasty. I think if our offense couldve given the defense better field position but not going 3 and out (i believe firts 3 series), there may have been a different score, but Packers still win.

It scares me that Aaron (we're on a first name basis) seems to get stuck on Finely though. He seems to lock onto him in situations and Urlacher took advantage of that. Aaron needs to be smarter than that as the season goes on.

Also James Jones is a d-bag and it makes me sad that they signed him and let Jenkins go.

Doug Free and Orakpo will be a key battle tonight. Free has to keep him in check. And they cant let Moss run loose.

Oddly enough I think that the rib injury keeps Romo in check but helps him play better if that makes sense. Less chances = less mistakes.

I actually agree. More quick outs, timing routes and him getting rid of the ball faster. Bad things happen when he holds too long and that should not happen tonight. On the flip side, one of the sports writers said something funny this morning on the radio. "If he does stink, there is always the injury to blame which wont hurt the mental part of his game".

While I think its a cheap shot at Romo and in some ways the fans, there is some truth to it. If Romo comes out and looks and plays terrible, I dont think anybody is up in arms over it.

It scares me that Aaron (we're on a first name basis) seems to get stuck on Finely though. He seems to lock onto him in situations and Urlacher took advantage of that. Aaron needs to be smarter than that as the season goes on.

Also James Jones is a d-bag and it makes me sad that they signed him and let Jenkins go.

Hahahahaha.. Jay and I are too, its a Bears/Packers thing. Its just almost unfair though, because when you think about it.. who is going to outmuscle or take the ball from Finley if its thrown in his direction? The way Urlacher played it is the best way to defend against him but it was 3 td's too late. Rodgers is a smart QB and usually the Bears defense plays him pretty tough.

I actually agree. More quick outs, timing routes and him getting rid of the ball faster. Bad things happen when he holds too long and that should not happen tonight. On the flip side, one of the sports writers said something funny this morning on the radio. "If he does stink, there is always the injury to blame which wont hurt the mental part of his game".

While I think its a cheap shot at Romo and in some ways the fans, there is some truth to it. If Romo comes out and looks and plays terrible, I dont think anybody is up in arms over it.

It is kind of funny but its also very true. I can here Jerry now "Romo got hit early and he just never felt the same after that. We need him to get healthy."

It is kind of funny but its also very true. I can here Jerry now "Romo got hit early and he just never felt the same after that. We need him to get healthy."

The two best QB's in that division are going to head to head. Should be a fun game. I'm actually looking forward to a MNF football game. I've got my Grossman jersey ready and ill be flying solo to a local bar. Cant wait!

Hahahahaha.. Jay and I are too, its a Bears/Packers thing. Its just almost unfair though, because when you think about it.. who is going to outmuscle or take the ball from Finley if its thrown in his direction? The way Urlacher played it is the best way to defend against him but it was 3 td's too late. Rodgers is a smart QB and usually the Bears defense plays him pretty tough.

True story - When my girlfriend (now wife) was in college Aaron was at the bar with a few other Packers. Aaron was still a backup. He jumped on the bar and poured tequilla into my wife's mouth and then down her cleav. True story.

The two best QB's in that division are going to head to head. Should be a fun game. I'm actually looking forward to a MNF football game. I've got my Grossman jersey ready and ill be flying solo to a local bar. Cant wait!

Same here dude. Now that it looks like some of the Cowboys are going to play it should be a good game. I might even wear a Romo jersey tonight but I dont want to jinx him.

True story - When my girlfriend (now wife) was in college Aaron was at the bar with a few other Packers. Aaron was still a backup. He jumped on the bar and poured tequilla into my wife's mouth and then down her cleav. True story.

That's Orton'esque dude!!! Lol.

Same here dude. Now that it looks like some of the Cowboys are going to play it should be a good game. I might even wear a Romo jersey tonight but I dont want to jinx him.

I used to think it was a jinx, but you have to know dude... Graphite shaft iron testers wearing jerseys gives the QB's good luck!

Lots of reports popping up about Manning certainly being done for the year. I'm cool with that if it means he will be back 100% next year, I don't want to see him come back less than 100% and get re-injured. Until then I hope that means we get a great QB in the draft next year now

Cool Story brah!

Were you there? Not sure how I would feel about someone doing this to my girlfriend/wife, regardless of who they are.

Cool Story brah!

I wish there was a way for me to tell whether or not that's serious. I know whenever I use "brah" it's always in a sarcastic manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back