The Morgan Cup with Cobra over the years

Youre group had a really good week of golf, me and @Parrot being able to host multiple days of golf for you all then getting to play Old Waverly. It was pretty cool to slightly be a part of. Especially after being in the 2021 MC.
Those couple rounds before the event were great. The help from you and @Parrot setting those up was truly appreciated.

I love this thanks a bunch for grouping them all together like this. I’m going to browse through all of them from before ‘21. It’s always so fun to look back and see how they’ve evolved.
I’m about halfway thru 2020. I REEEEEAAAALLLLY hope someone burns some worms with the Bryson driver 🤣

@Inioch thank you for this thread, what a GREAT way to immerse ourselves in the history and background. For newish members we can find the older stuff fast and relive/reread the newer stuff.

Time to dive in!

I’m about halfway thru 2020. I REEEEEAAAALLLLY hope someone burns some worms with the Bryson driver 🤣
Oh man what an MC that was. I don’t think anyone tried it because it was a little intimidating and that was the tee shot you had to play. As if nerves wasn’t already thru the roof on the first tee 😂.

Was blown away to be a part of it an MC and even more blown away to do it again in 2023.

Oh man what an MC that was. I don’t think anyone tried it because it was a little intimidating and that was the tee shot you had to play. As if nerves wasn’t already thru the roof on the first tee 😂.

Was blown away to be a part of it an MC and even more blown away to do it again in 2023.
Yeah, I can understand that. This is definitely a fun one to catch up on with all of the live streams that were happening!

Going back thru 2018 when I was lucky to be selected. My 1st THP event and it was the best time I have ever had on a golf course.
The guys I met on both sides, The equipment from Cobra and the amazing experience dreamed up by @JB & @GolferGal.

The memory of the last few holes riding with @jdtox and having my other teammate riding on the back cheering me on is something I will never forget.

2020 looked like such a fun year! It had to be a little bit different I'm sure with all that was going on in the world at the time but the guys didn't let that get in the way of any of the fun. Some great golf was played, some incredible clutch shots. I'm surprised that nobody took a swing with the Bryson driver. I wonder if any of the participants regret not giving it a hack? All in all such a great time reading through that one this morning.

I guess 2020 was the start of the Paradise dynasty? Off to read through 2019 now.

Woooow... just started the 2019 read through and that Vessel Arnie bag that the Team got for @Canadan is absolutely insane. What an incredible Captain's Gift. 🔥

Also, I can already tell I'm going to be sad that time and/or Tapatalk has killed tons of incredible pictures. :cautious:

Edit - Yeah this is sad that almost all of the pics taken are now just this
red x.PNG
😭

Last edited:
I forgot how much I loved the Team Hackers 2021 scripting. Live from the first tee was a fun rewatch. Almost all of the guys stepped up and piped one, nerves of steel!

I'm also not ashamed at all that I'm having more fun looking back on past MC's than watching the Masters today.

2019 was the first experience thread I ever read after joining THP. Seems like forever ago. It's where I'd like to think my @Canadan love started

That Canadan was a pretty good golfer.
Ginger Squirrely Dan GIF by Crave

2019 was the first experience thread I ever read after joining THP. Seems like forever ago. It's where I'd like to think my @Canadan love started
@Canadan was my Captain on Team Hackers in '20 until Covid prevented us both, and others, from participating, It would have been my first Experience as a participant. It was the first MC that I was involved with as I didn;'t become active on the forum until the summer of '19.

I went through those through 22 last year. Reading through them really reinforced the MC culture for me and what the event means to me and so many others. I noticed things I hadn’t noticed before. You get a new perspective.

2020 looked like such a fun year! It had to be a little bit different I'm sure with all that was going on in the world at the time but the guys didn't let that get in the way of any of the fun. Some great golf was played, some incredible clutch shots. I'm surprised that nobody took a swing with the Bryson driver. I wonder if any of the participants regret not giving it a hack? All in all such a great time reading through that one this morning.

I guess 2020 was the start of the Paradise dynasty? Off to read through 2019 now.
I've Repeatedly said not swinging that Bryson driver on the first tee is one of my biggest THP regrets. Was so focused on the competition I passed on a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Vowed to not do anything like that again

I've Repeatedly said not swinging that Bryson driver on the first tee is one of my biggest THP regrets. Was so focused on the competition I passed on a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Vowed to not do anything like that again
I hit a single shot with the Bryson 6 iron the range. Hit it long, high and straight. Decided that was enough.

Love to see you guys having as much fun reading through these as I did.
I went through those through 22 last year. Reading through them really reinforced the MC culture for me and what the event means to me and so many others. I noticed things I hadn’t noticed before. You get a new perspective.
I think this says exactly what I'm thinking too and what makes reading it them so great now that I'm actually going. Understanding history gives appreciation for what we have coming.

There's also one particular post from the -23 (not live) thread that I often go back to:
Morgan Cup Hopefuls...
Tomorrow is sign up day, only 4 spots left (with just 2 of those being available for the good guys), I wanted to share something that up until now I have kept private. When I got back from Mossy Oak, I sat down and wrote Yags an old school letter. Here are the contents of that letter:

Master Yags,

Wow!!! What a ride this Morgan Cup journey was, at the conclusion there was so much that I wanted to say to you on a personal level, however, I couldn’t emotionally collect myself to coherently express what I wanted to say in that moment. At that time, I told you that I would write you a letter to make sure that could properly communicate what I want to say. Now that I have had a moment to collect myself, the following is what I wanted to say in the moment.

First, I want to thank you for the honor and privilege that you bestowed upon me when you picked me to be the Captain of Team Hackers. I love and respect the Morgan Cup, and always wanted to experience what I had spent years watching from a far, and you made that dream come true when you picked me. I will never forget the trust you showed in me. I hope that I met your expectations while serving as the captain. It truly was one of the great honors of my life and I want you to know how grateful I am that you showed this trust in me.

Related to that trust, I will always regret that I wasn’t able to fully pay off that trust by getting a win for you in this Morgan Cup. Believe me, no one wanted to win this Morgan Cup more than me (I might have wanted it too much), and the thought of losing it is repugnant. On the forum, I will talk about how the experience transcends winning or losing, and in some cases, the experience really does transcend the result, but privately I want you to know that I am gutted that we didn’t win. I take full responsibility for the result, and for that I’m sorry.

With the benefit of hindsight, I have replayed every decision that I made as the captain, and while there are a few pairing decisions that I would like to have back, nothing catastrophic. I believe that I got the better of Team Paradise in the singles pairings, and we were in position to win on Sunday, if a couple of things broke the other way. I didn’t play well, and I’m capable of playing a lot better, if my ball striking during the competition was even equal to the practice round the result might have been different. This will haunt me for a long time.

The problem with once in a lifetime opportunity, there aren’t any second acts, you only get one shot at it. If you miss at your shot, you don’t get a chance at redemption, you are just left with replaying it over and over in your head, wishing away your regret.

Let me tell you about what I don’t regret, this team. This edition of Team Hackers was great, they played hard and grinded until the end. This was the closest margin at a Morgan Cup since Cobra became the sponsor of the experience. There were so many moments that were close to breaking our way, I have them on repeat on a mix tape in my head. My point is that this team was so close to winning this thing despite my poor play, it is amazing to recount how close this Morgan Cup really was. We had points coming late.

Another thing I don ‘t regret, is getting to know you on a personal level this past year, you are a great representative for Cobra/Puma Golf, and a great person. I am grateful to have gained you as a friend in this whole experience. You will always have a big fan, and friend in me, I’m hopeful that our paths will cross again.

Team Hackers is in great hands with Josh and yourself next year, and no one will be rooting harder for y’all at The Dormie Club than me. I’m probably retired from THP competition, but if I can figure out how to consistently get to my left side, and you need me, let me know and I’ll come out of retirement for you.

Team Hackers for Life,

J. Dax Jeter
Team Hackers Captain
2022 Morgan Cup

I'm sharing this to illustrate how much it means to those of us that have had the honor, and remember if you get the honor there is a responsibility that comes with it. If you feel that you can live up to the obligation for reviewing and engaging with the THP Universe along your journey, please sign up. If you can't fulfill that obligation, that's cool, but sit this one out.

Now you also have a decision to make on team selection, but that one shouldn't be hard to make. There is a curse that needs to be reversed, a wrong that must be righted, be on the right side of Morgan Cup history. I'm looking forward to seeing the teams round out, good luck.

View attachment 9166296
That right there hits me every time

Love to see you guys having as much fun reading through these as I did.

I think this says exactly what I'm thinking too and what makes reading it them so great now that I'm actually going. Understanding history gives appreciation for what we have coming.

There's also one particular post from the -23 (not live) thread that I often go back to:

That right there hits me every time
I meant every word… That’s how much it means, a part of me will never get over Mossy Oak. I won’t even play it on the PlayStation.

IMG_1503.jpeg

Back