The Morgan Cup - The Official 2012 Thread

I noticed those yardages when the scorecards were posted on facebook a little while back. Blue or White at True Blue looks fine. I like that Blue is long, but the par 3's are freaking stretched out, very manageable yardages. Same at Caledonia, and I think the pin positions on the score cards is genius!

I noticed those yardages when the scorecards were posted on facebook a little while back. Blue or White at True Blue looks fine. I like that Blue is long, but the par 3's are freaking stretched out, very manageable yardages. Same at Caledonia, and I think the pin positions on the score cards is genius!

I hadn't noticed this until today. Thanks for pointing it out!

Long par 5's are fun. Sometimes it takes the stress out of it for me. If I am outside a comfortable number, I would not even have to think of going for it. I would just try to get myself to about 110 out. I don't mind going driver-7 iron-wedge.

Just got my first e-mail from Callaway! It is amazing feeling...this whole thing just keeps getting more and more exciting! It is obvious that Callaway is really excited about being a part of the Morgan Cup again, and that makes me even more excited to be part of their team. I am honored to be a part of the Morgan Cup and to represent Callaway, and I am really excited to see what all they have to offer in the coming months.

Just got my first e-mail from Callaway! It is amazing feeling...this whole thing just keeps getting more and more exciting! It is obvious that Callaway is really excited about being a part of the Morgan Cup again, and that makes me even more excited to be part of their team. I am honored to be a part of the Morgan Cup and to represent Callaway, and I am really excited to see what all they have to offer in the coming months.
Got the same thing from GG our Tour Rep. Very cool letter.

Got the same thing from GG our Tour Rep. Very cool letter.

That's really cool guys. I'm looking forward to hearing from Cleveland/Srixon pretty soon.

It was really cool to get the welcome letter from them!!

As I have been talking to a few family members that were interested in coming so that I can get a total # for reservation purposes I have been very excited about the support I am getting from my family. My wife, of course, it coming, but that was a given. Other than that it sounds like my parents, my brother-in-law (my usual playing partner) and his gf are coming, and now my grandma from Florida is coming. Still waiting on final confirmations that they can get the days off but should know within the next couple days.

Is it bad that I'm trying to plan our myrtle beach trip around the MC? I sent a PM to GG awhile back saying I would volunteer hoping to see this thing in action in person.

The letters from the companies are amazing.

Is it bad that I'm trying to plan our myrtle beach trip around the MC? I sent a PM to GG awhile back saying I would volunteer hoping to see this thing in action in person.

The letters from the companies are amazing.

no, I think that is awesome!

And my wonderful future wife is paying for my flight down as my Christmas present!

And the letter from Callaway knocked my socks off as well!

Well with Christmas in the rear view mirror my attention has completely turned to The Morgan Cup and my preparation towards it.

Well with Christmas in the rear view mirror my attention has completely turned to The Morgan Cup and my preparation towards it.

Agreed - time to refocus!

Just wanted to say that I got a chance to play with Howzat today and he is a wonderful guy and a great playing partner. He got a chance to try out some of the J40 line and was just killing the ball with it.

Just wanted to say that I got a chance to play with Howzat today and he is a wonderful guy and a great playing partner. He got a chance to try out some of the J40 line and was just killing the ball with it.

Great to hear. What of the J40 did he try out?

Great to hear. What of the J40 did he try out?

Hit the 445 driver, DPC's, and 54*/58* wedges. I had the 4 wood in the bag as well but never used it on the course.

The biggest thing I learned today is that match play is a different animal. Even though JB had me by 6-8 strokes after about 11, I was one decent putt away from being even at that point in the round. If JB finds a putter that suits him for the Morgan Cup he will be tough to beat.

That's great you got to play with JB, Howzat. I had a chance in September and wish I could have taken advantage.

That round with Howzat sounds awesome. I really would like to play with him myself someday. I'm glad he had fun hitting the J40 stuff, and I can't wait to see what he gets for his MC bag!

Sounds like a great round! Glad you both enjoyed it.

Steel tappin' from my iPad

Hit the 445 driver, DPC's, and 54*/58* wedges. I had the 4 wood in the bag as well but never used it on the course.

The biggest thing I learned today is that match play is a different animal. Even though JB had me by 6-8 strokes after about 11, I was one decent putt away from being even at that point in the round. If JB finds a putter that suits him for the Morgan Cup he will be tough to beat.

Good Job Howzat....too cool that you got to hit some of the gear that you will be playing in July!

That's great you got to play with JB, Howzat. I had a chance in September and wish I could have taken advantage.

If anyone gets the chance I highly recommend it. I had a great time got to hit a few items that aren't out yet at the range. JB is a ton of fun to play with and has likely forgot more than I know about equipment.

That round with Howzat sounds awesome. I really would like to play with him myself someday. I'm glad he had fun hitting the J40 stuff, and I can't wait to see what he gets for his MC bag!

It was a good time. We got a little wet but had a blast. I am looking forward to teeing it up with more THPer's in the future.

Good Job Howzat....too cool that you got to hit some of the gear that you will be playing in July!

It was nice to be able to get a round in with the J40 line before I need to make any decisions on clubs. All the good reviews on this line are true. The DPC's have plenty of forgiveness and the low spin driver helped me stay near the fairway for the most part on a very tough track. I appreciate JB putting a bag together for me and giving me the opportunity to hit the Bridgestone line.

Howzat I am glad you got to tee it up with Josh. He is a ton of fun to play with. Annoying the way he gets out of trouble so easily! He will be deadly on True Blue and Caledonia

Back