The Morgan Cup - Game Week

Looks great! Don't forget to carb up for 36 holes tomorrow!

Amen brother. Even me, Mr. Low Carb, has been eating like a horse. Amazing how hungry 7 hours in the heat and humidity can make you. Thirsty, too. I had a 44 oz cup today, not foam unfortunately, but SW said he might be able to bring me one tomorrow morning, and I replenished the ice five or six times and drank the equivalent of at least three, maybe four of them.

If I topple, it won't be because I shrivel up from dehydration.

Kevin

This old Team Paradise member is back in his room and thinking about bedtime. It's been a lot in three hot days, and the real test is tomorrow for 36 holes. All were still at THP headquarters when I left over an hour ago. JB announced rain in the forecast for tomorrow. We don't need that. We're ready to play some golf.

Thanks everybody for following today in the live feed, and supporting us in general. TC and I were talking tonight about how it kind of washes over you when you think you're part of something that has never been done before. We're a group of 16 average Joes the giants of the golf industry are most likely watching with interest. It kind of bottles a guy's mind. I think JB and GG are geniuses for putting this together. It's good for THP, the sponsors, and for Joe golfers everywhere. It's truly unprecedented.

Lots of good practice fpr the group today. Some ball striking was definitely going on. I think we're all thrilled to be bringing it to the course tomorrow.

Kevin

Esox - you make OG and me very proud to represent the "older" golfers among us even if you are a bit younger than us. You are our hero!

Oh, man. Forgot to mention the BBQ. Great stuff. It was all really good, but the brisket was earth shaking. I had pulled pork, brisket, turkey, beans, pork and chicken quesadillas, a huge mound of mac and cheese, shrimp, and bread pudding for desert. There was the most beautiful salad, too, that others were raving about. I skipped that. I've had enough salads in the last four months.

Thanks so much, JB and GG, for having me/us in your home, and feeding us like Viking warriors. AWESOME.

Kevin

Esox - you make OG and me very proud to represent the "older" golfers among us even if you are a bit younger than us. You are our hero!

Thanks, hon. I've held up pretty well, I think. I've tried to pace myself. Tomorrow will tell a story no doubt. It's not too late for you to change sides and support the old fart. lol.

Kevin

Thanks, hon. I've held up pretty well, I think. I've tried to pace myself. Tomorrow will tell a story no doubt. It's not too late for you to change sides and support the old fart. lol.

Kevin

If you didn't eat so much cheese, I probably would. It was the old "fart" part that made me go with Hackers. Haha!

Keep drinking Esox, take it from another larger fellow who has played 36 in the Florida heat and humidity, you can not get enough water. If you are not sweating, then drink even more!

Man, took me awhile to get caught up on the thread.

Looks like a good time is being had by all. Very professional and I'm sure you guys are realizing how lucky you are.

[YOUTUBE]91gcaMHAW8U [/YOUTUBE]

Ride Time!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

If you didn't eat so much cheese, I probably would. It was the old "fart" part that made me go with Hackers. Haha!

Things change inside you as you age. It can't be helped. lol. I know in your heart you're backing all of us. You're too much of a sweetheart not to be.

Keep drinking Esox, take it from another larger fellow who has played 36 in the Florida heat and humidity, you can not get enough water. If you are not sweating, then drink even more!

Ha. No worries about that yet, my husky brother. If you saw the live feed, I was in full blown sweating mode. Me and my fellow lefty, the Canadian Coolbreeze. We should tie for the perspiration award. We soaked the salmon color shirts. We outsweated the wickingness.

Kevin

Good.Night.All.

Esox pulls the plug on Media Day. Next stop. The competition.

Kevin

Good luck tomorrow everybody!!

Those boys had a long today and will be in for a long fun day tomorrow. I wish them all cool breezes, long drives and straight putts.

---
- Brought to by iPhone 4 powered by Tapatalk

Oh, man. Forgot to mention the BBQ. Great stuff. It was all really good, but the brisket was earth shaking. I had pulled pork, brisket, turkey, beans, pork and chicken quesadillas, a huge mound of mac and cheese, shrimp, and bread pudding for desert. There was the most beautiful salad, too, that others were raving about. I skipped that. I've had enough salads in the last four months.

Thanks so much, JB and GG, for having me/us in your home, and feeding us like Viking warriors. AWESOME.

Kevin

Dang that sound good! I'd make the trip just for that. lol Being from TX, I sure miss good brisket.

Goodnight all! Sorry haven't been posting much its been insane! Plus androids suck for battery life haha. See you tomorrow!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

I am still on the fence on who to pull for! I just can't decide. Think I will just be a Morgan Cup supporter.

As someone who lives 45 minutes west of you and literally has the same conditions you guys will tomorrow, your best bet is to grab as many water bottles as you can, or at least one big bottle ala old school Gatorade water bottles and keep that filled with ice, then just keep putting water into it. On days when it's been in the 96, 97 degree range with 80%+ humidity, I've killed a 64oz bottle of Gatorade 13 or 14 holes in.

Oh yeah, and at least 40% chance of rain as of now. ie it'll probably get dark and then it just depends on which side of the road you're on. Have fun and know that thousands upon thousands of people will be watching your every move! Hahaha

Goodnight and good luck to all of you. I really wish I could have made it down, really looks like an awesome event.

Media Day is over. What a blast from start to finish.

The THP dinner was top notch as usual. That was the best brisket and baked beans I've ever had. The company was great and CG and I got a few ping pong games in.

I can't tell how well this has been organized. GG is a pro.

36 holes tomorrow and I'm winding it down.

Thanks again for everyone's support!

gl to all!

Good luck Team Hackers.

Hope the Paradisians don't get it handed to them TOO badly.

Media Day is over. What a blast from start to finish.

The THP dinner was top notch as usual. That was the best brisket and baked beans I've ever had. The company was great and CG and I got a few ping pong games in.

I can't tell how well this has been organized. GG is a pro.

36 holes tomorrow and I'm winding it down.

Thanks again for everyone's support!

Ping Pong, BBQ, good company? Sounds like heaven with golf as a bonus!

Enjoy the experience everyone, remember you are all winners by playing in this epic event. And Team Hackers are the 1st Morgan Cup winners evah.

Back