The Morgan Cup - Game Week

Major skim alert, but will the videos from this morning be put up for us to see?

Has there been the announcement as to which courses/yardages etc they're playing? Haven't seen it posted yet, or I just skipped right on over it.

Scott Walker. Really nice guy. Thanks for the tips.

a689099a-ad4b-ad12.jpg

I know this thread is about to blow up with all the golfers coming off the range (the live feed just went dead) But I have to go to the range. Guess I'll spend a couple hours catching up when I get home!

Yeah, I took a few divots to get comfortable with the new irons.

aefc894b-b8e7-6b65.jpg

Sent from Tapatalk

Yeah, I took a few divots to get comfortable with the new irons.

aefc894b-b8e7-6b65.jpg

Sent from Tapatalk

Nice work. Any guess on how many balls you hit today?

Showing up to help was never question, these guys made it easy! Everyone is a character.

Thanks for the props but it was my pleasure. See you all tonight for dinner! Best BBQ you will ever eat.....in Orlando

---
- Brought to by iPhone 4 powered by Tapatalk

Nice work. Any guess on how many balls you hit today?

Couple hundred. It was slot. And it was the hottest day yet. The range is the hottest area of the course i think lol.

Tadashi worked his butt off, he manned the camera for HOURS on end, directing us, giving us pointers; mad props to his dedication.

Was really nice to put a name to the man behind the screen name.

Really had a great time meeting those I hadn't played with yet, getting to know scramble partners, and analyzing the competition.

I think the matches are going to be closer than many imagined.

We played a two man best ball scramble on an easier course, and finished at even par. 3 birdies and 3 bogeys... So I'm not sure there will be too many low scores.

My pick of the low score for tomorrow's am round is jrod and JB, I'm predicting they get to -8.

With JROD's length (it's the real deal) and JB's short game they are going to have ALOT of looks at birdies.

Sat pm is going to be a very tough round, I am exhausted; and there is not much that could get me back out today!

Probably too many, my legs are shot. I'm a range rat, so that happens a lot. I'm really happy we have some downtime now, can't wait to have some fun at the dinner tonight.

Sent from Tapatalk

Little nap before the THP dinner tonight. A lot of fun out there, but I am spent.

I am at the airport sporting the Team Hackers beard. THP HQ, here I come!

a6890c6f-c2f0-6bee.jpg

---
- Sent from my iPhone, so please ignore my horrid spelling mistakes.

From what I saw in the range today these teams are pretty evenly matched. There are a few loooonnnggg ball hitters, some short game gurus with the wedges. JB will be the x factor cuz he didn't hit but a few balls so I got no scouting on him. But the rest of boys showed me something today!

---
- Brought to by iPhone 4 powered by Tapatalk

A special thanks goes out to Tadashi70 today. He ran the camera from 7am till we broke at 3pm without much of a break. He was truly exceptional and wonderful to have around and we cannot thank you enough.

I am beat and prob need a nap.

I am really getting used to the R11 irons. They are extremely forgiving and a little longer than my old tour burners. The ball flight is higher and the KBS tour shafts feel great. Very impressive iron and they have been getting a lot of looks from other people on the course. Since TM sent everyone the AW for the R11's I switched out the 50* xFT. I spent today working on distance control with it and sm falling in love with it. Its so easy to hit and seems to go straight.

Tadashi walked up behind me with the camera today to film a swing. Hanksed the first shot and its on camera, lol. I redeemed myself with the second shot, so hopefully there is some editing.

Media day was a success and a lot fo fun. Looking forward to chowing down on some BBQ later.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Couple hundred. It was slot. And it was the hottest day yet. The range is the hottest area of the course i think lol.

Tadashi worked his butt off, he manned the camera for HOURS on end, directing us, giving us pointers; mad props to his dedication.

Really had a great time meeting those I hadn't played with yet, getting to know scramble partners, and analyzing the competition.

We played a two man best ball scramble on an easier course, and finished at even par. 3 birdies and 3 bogeys... So I'm not sure there will be too many low scores.

My pick of the low score for tomorrow's am round is jrod and JB, I'm predicting they get to -8.

With JROD's length (it's the real deal) and JB's short game they are going to have ALOT of looks at birdies.

Sat pm is going to be a very tough round, I am exhausted; and there is not much that could get me back out today!

Probably too many, my legs are shot. I'm a range rat, so that happens a lot. I'm really happy we have some downtime now, can't wait to have some fun at the dinner tonight.

Sent from Tapatalk

Looking forward to all the excitement tomorrow! Stay hydrated gents!

I am beat and prob need a nap.

I am really getting used to the R11 irons. They are extremely forgiving and a little longer than my old tour burners. The ball flight is higher and the KBS tour shafts feel great. Very impressive iron and they have been getting a lot of looks from other people on the course. Since TM sent everyone the AW for the R11's I switched out the 50* xFT. I spent today working on distance control with it and sm falling in love with it. Its so easy to hit and seems to go straight.

Tadashi walked up behind me with the camera today to film a swing. Hanksed the first shot and its on camera, lol. I redeemed myself with the second shot, so hopefully there is some editing.

Media day was a success and a lot fo fun. Looking forward to chowing down on some BBQ later.

Now Dawg what did Mrs Graybush tell ya about that Hanking stuff :golf3:

I mentioned this in the other live feed thread, but Tadashi is so cool he doesn't even sweat. And he's from WI. That is the ultimate in cool.

I probably hit far fewer balls today than some, but hit them much better than I did yesterday on the course, thankfully. Spent the range time between Coolbreeze and One-T which was a gas. We had us some good 60-100 yard wedge practice, that's for sure, and all of us were swinging our drivers hoping to get to the Annika Academy building way down the left side of the range. To no avail I must add.

The long hitters stayed down to right and were asked not to bomb Annika's poor academy. lol.

Kevin

I will say this....I thought I hit a lot of balls, but no one hit more balls than CG13. That dude is a machine on the range.

I agree with CG13 in saying that the afternoon rounds are going to be interesting. The heat is going to be the highest at that time, and it will be the second round of the day, there may be some very good shots surrounded by some not-so-good shots because of that. Everyone was hitting a ton of balls on the range this morning, so I know that we won't be making as many swings during the scramble matches tomorrow morning, so hopefully that will help with everyone's stamina.

It's been great to get to know the faces behind the screennames over the past 2 days, as well as seeing everyone's swings on the range today. I know that a lot of us have talked about it on here, but I cannot say this enough: to see the amount of hard work that JB and GG have put into this event is amazing, and they deserve all the credit in the world. Also, thanks again to Tadashi, he was working really hard behind the camera for the promos, and is a great guy as well. Also, thanks to the TaylorMade rep Charlie that was out there today, he gave all of us TaylorMade guys some great insight into their products and what went into creating those products, hopefully all of us were able to shoot promos that the company will like.

Day 1 was fantastic. Incredible group of guys to be sharing this experience with. Today was a lot like some of the outing demo days, where some guys see free range balls and just hit as many as humanly possible and others hit a few balls, go around and talk, cut a promo, come back hit some more.

Tadashi - It was great to meet you today, and if you don't make it back out this weekend, I look forward to seeing you at the outing next year.

Big thanks today for all the help that Scott from Callaway, Charlie from TaylorMade, and Scott Walker offered in the shooting of the promos. Also really enjoyed being out at Reunion Resort. It is a beautiful place and I really look forward to seeing the courses the next two days. Even lunch in the clubhouse tasted awesome.

I think I may have hit too many balls today. I will definitely need some tape over the blisters on my fingers tomorrow.

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwODE5LTAwMDg5LmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwODE5LTAwMDg4LmpwZw.jpg

I think I may have hit too many balls today. I will definitely need some tape over the blisters on my fingers tomorrow.

I'm going to call you Andy Bernard.

Kevin

GG and I are setting up for the Morgan Cup party. We are going to take some pictures and videos of the guys relaxing and enjoying their evenings before the big 36 hole start tomorrow.

Coverage was awesome today. Didn't get to see all of it but what I saw was really good. Have fun tonight!!

Back