The McRib is Coming Back!

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
http://gawker.com/5660968/the-mcrib...m=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+gawker/full+(Gawker)

Look to your left; look to your right. One of the mild-mannered, college-educated people sitting next to you could be harboring a secret McRib Sandwich fetish. Generic machine-shaped pork product addicts are, reportedly, everywhere.

The WSJ today infiltrates the shadowy McRib underground, a loose national network of outwardly respectable Americans who spend their free time in search of the elusive McRib Sandwich, a once-prominent McDonald's menu item that's been mostly discontinued, due to—we imagine—a national shortage of pig anuses. One man, traveling in Nebraska, "bought six of the pork sandwiches, ate one right away at the restaurant, and carried the rest home to Burnsville, Minn., in an ice-packed cooler." Another, a university employee in New Jersey, "took a train to nearby New York City where a McDonald's reportedly was selling the McRib, only to leave empty-handed, and dejected."

Next month, McDonald's is bringing the McRib back, nationwide, for six weeks. Suckle those savory pressed amalgamated pork scrapings, America. You disgusting animals.

500x_mcrib.jpg

EPIC! truly one of the most underated sandwhiches of all time

• Admin
When those first came out, that was the WORST fast food sandwich EVER!!!!

But, I will have to try it again.

Now, the worst is the McD's Angus.

I want one.

• Admin
When those first came out, that was the WORST fast food sandwich EVER!!!!

But, I will have to try it again.

Now, the worst is the McD's Angus.

Clearly you have bad taste...hehe :D

Ludicrous. I got to hand it to MickeyD's on this item. They have fooled so many folks with their two-faced marketing campaigns. Brillant viral marketing team combined with a market this is more than willing to buy the hype = tons of money. I would love to see an analysis comparing the revenues while this product was in continual existence versus the revenues from the periods of time when they have limited releases and viral advertising.

Of course, I know several people who just love the sandwich regardless of the marketing campaigns.

During the last week they had the McRib before it went away, I ate 2 everyday for lunch for 4 straight days, we had a McD's right across the street from our dorm room. McD's got a lot of my money that year, we always walked across the street at 2 in the morning then walked thru the drive-thru and got double meat cheeseburgers or the McRib when they had it.

please explain? I genuinely don't know what a two-faced marketing campaign is?
Ludicrous. I got to hand it to MickeyD's on this item. They have fooled so many folks with their two-faced marketing campaigns. Brillant viral marketing team combined with a market this is more than willing to buy the hype = tons of money. I would love to see an analysis comparing the revenues while this product was in continual existence versus the revenues from the periods of time when they have limited releases and viral advertising.

Of course, I know several people who just love the sandwich regardless of the marketing campaigns.

The McRib is awesome. Best without the pickles, IMO.

please explain? I genuinely don't know what a two-faced marketing campaign is?

Is that a conundrum, or a redundancy?

The McRib is awesome. Best without the pickles, IMO.

My brutha from a different mutha. No pickles should EVER be on the McRib.

YUK!!!

Cmon Duey, they slowly simmer it in beer first. It should be right up your alley.

I know where they get it, haha

Cmon Duey, they slowly simmer it in beer first. It should be right up your alley.

I would bet I actually drank less beer during the outing than 80% of the people there. I just drink them slower.

Best. Fastfood. Ever.

I have cut out almost all fast food (just don't like it anymore), but I will be making some McD's stops when these hit my area.

Agree, no pickles on it. Don't know why they even put them on.

Back