The iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a camera roll conundrum. I took pictures with my iPhone so they're in the camera roll with my pictures. Well I've deleted a bunch of pictures and the "pictures themselves" are gone but I have black space where the pictures used to be and they won't go away. So it says I have # / total number of pictures including the deleted/ black space. How come it doesn't delete completely including removal of the black space? I will hit the trash on the black space and then it says saving pictures?v there's no more picture to save because I've deleted it :banghead: solutions??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm having a camera roll conundrum. I took pictures with my iPhone so they're in the camera roll with my pictures. Well I've deleted a bunch of pictures and the "pictures themselves" are gone but I have black space where the pictures used to be and they won't go away. So it says I have # / total number of pictures including the deleted/ black space. How come it doesn't delete completely including removal of the black space? I will hit the trash on the black space and then it says saving pictures?v there's no more picture to save because I've deleted it :banghead: solutions??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GC that's really weird, I might try a soft reset, hold sleep button until slid to shutdown shows up, then I might try a hard reset, hold the sleep and home button until apple icon shows up, then release buttons, those two things usually fix 90% of the hiccups I run into.

GC that's really weird, I might try a soft reset, hold sleep button until slid to shutdown shows up, then I might try a hard reset, hold the sleep and home button until apple icon shows up, then release buttons, those two things usually fix 90% of the hiccups I run into.

YAY!! I did that and it worked like a charm :) Its funny because I was telling a co-worker of mine my issue, she has the 3GS, and when she deleted a picture from her camera roll, it deleted but then it turned into black space. But then she deleted her black space and it was permanently gone. So weird, but I did try the hard reset and then went back into my camera roll and those black spaces are gone :) YAY!! Thank you :)

YAY!! I did that and it worked like a charm :) Its funny because I was telling a co-worker of mine my issue, she has the 3GS, and when she deleted a picture from her camera roll, it deleted but then it turned into black space. But then she deleted her black space and it was permanently gone. So weird, but I did try the hard reset and then went back into my camera roll and those black spaces are gone :) YAY!! Thank you :)

Glad it worked, I've never heard that specific issue, but I'll run across something weird like a program not even starting or something goofy and the resets always seem to work.

Apple has a "fisher price" mentality in that it doesn't want you to have complete control overy everything. Since it's trying to do a lot of stuff for you, it some times trips itself up. The reset is the best method you got to get things to run better. I'ld suggest giving a hard reset once a week or atleast whenever you install something new.

I have to say though, it does charge super duper fast :) I tried GolfLogix on the phone over the weekend. Its ok except I'm not the one to keep reaching for my phone to see what distances I have, pain in the rear. I read the flags and the yardage markers just fine :D Besides, the BF has his on all the time so I just usually ask him.

We should make this this iPhone support group haa haa haa

I have another problem issue: I d/l an app and I had to d/l it using the computer because its a big one. So I did that, on iTunes its showing up as an app, but on the iPhone, its not there. I've hard resetted my phone, the app still doesn't show up. What's next? :confused2:

I have another problem issue: I d/l an app and I had to d/l it using the computer because its a big one. So I did that, on iTunes its showing up as an app, but on the iPhone, its not there. I've hard resetted my phone, the app still doesn't show up. What's next? :confused2:

When your iphone is connected to the computer and itunes, within itunes select the phone, go the the app tab of the iphone, in the left hand screen section, scroll to find the app, if it's in the list is the check box on the left selected. That should give me a little more info to go from.

I like the idea of iphone support forum!!!

You have to sync it with your phone. In itunes, go into "GC iPhone" thne click apps tab at the top, then "sync applications", then select the new one and hit the apply button on the bottom.. voila it should be there.

don't forget that apple has great support topics, discussions, and how to's on their website.

don't forget that apple has great support topics, discussions, and how to's on their website.

Yeah and I have an issue with my iphone 4 right now... it says "restore needed" and the solution their support came up with is "take the sim out and put it back in" GRRRRRRRRRRRR the forum on their own site (that I sent them) says you need a new phone.

I've heard of this. Users are having to make a back up of their phone, then hard reset it as a new phone, and then sync the back up to it.
Yeah and I have an issue with my iphone 4 right now... it says "restore needed" and the solution their support came up with is "take the sim out and put it back in" GRRRRRRRRRRRR the forum on their own site (that I sent them) says you need a new phone.

Man, I wish my Verizon contract was up. There was an AT&T rep on campus today giving away new iPhones for free to students ($99.00 + instant $99.00 rebate). New 2-year contract required, and I don't even want to know how much Verizon's early termination fee is.

2 years ago I negotiated a $90 term fee to ditch my Verizon account. It can be done if you try hard enough
Man, I wish my Verizon contract was up. There was an AT&T rep on campus today giving away new iPhones for free to students ($99.00 + instant $99.00 rebate). New 2-year contract required, and I don't even want to know how much Verizon's early termination fee is.

2 years ago I negotiated a $90 term fee to ditch my Verizon account. It can be done if you try hard enough
I'm on a family plan with two other lines, so I bet it would be killer.
The contract is up at the end of the year though. Hopefully the iPhone 4 will have its first price drop for the holiday season.

I'm on a family plan with two other lines, so I bet it would be killer.
The contract is up at the end of the year though. Hopefully the iPhone 4 will have its first price drop for the holiday season.

I just switched from Verizon to AT&T, I got better reception with my Blackberry Storm though :sad:

My area reportedly has very good AT&T coverage, so reception shouldn't be a problem.

I just switched from Verizon to AT&T, I got better reception with my Blackberry Storm though :sad:

Get yourself a case, its helps with the antennae problem with the iphone. Apple is giving everyone free case with iphone purchases.

Get yourself a case, its helps with the antennae problem with the iphone. Apple is giving everyone free case with iphone purchases.

I actually have one :) I got one at the AT&T store and I also applied for the free one. Unfortunately not too many colors to choose from: black, smoke, gray LOL :D I think I ordered a smoke colored one, it'll be my backup!!

I actually have one :) I got one at the AT&T store and I also applied for the free one. Unfortunately not too many colors to choose from: black, smoke, gray LOL :D I think I ordered a smoke colored one, it'll be my backup!!

I got the clear one. I normally hate cases. 5 mins after putting it on my phone, I forgot all about it. I guess that's the best thing I can say about it.

Anyone here have the "Words With Friends" app for their iPhone/iPod Touch? I just got it, but don't have very many contacts yet...

Best cases you can buy for the iPhone and most smart phones for that matter.

Click me!

Are you guys using the free one or paid app?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back