The iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a favorites part were you could put all your golf friends into. I have my mom, dad, and a couple of friends in my favorites part because its easier to find them but you could do the same for your golf friends.

Ok :) I'll try that! Thanks!!

Questions for all you iPhone users out there, maybe more specific to the iPhone 4 :confused2: Anyways...I've figured out how to group apps together on the home screen, is there a way to group contacts together? I like to put all my golf course numbers and address all in one group, easier to find :)

I'm still trying soo hard not to press the screen in...yikes!! I'm so used to the Storm that it'll take a little adjusting. I like my iPhone 4 so far!! I got the free case with it, well, I put an order out for it and in the meantime, I have my purple case :clapp: I've already got Golf Logix installed and its ready to be used this weekend!!

Are you locked with Golf Logix? I think Golfshot GPS is much better and cheaper. As far as contacts, I setup mine through my Mac so that's how I grouped mine.

Welcome to the club. I myself am an app ho so let me know if I can help.

Are you locked with Golf Logix? I think Golfshot GPS is much better and cheaper. As far as contacts, I setup mine through my Mac so that's how I grouped mine.

Welcome to the club. I myself am an app ho so let me know if I can help.

Nope, I haven't paid for it, and will probably use my free trial of it to see if I want to pay for it. But I'll try the Golfshot GPS as well :)

Nope, I haven't paid for it, and will probably use my free trial of it to see if I want to pay for it. But I'll try the Golfshot GPS as well :)

Problem with Golf Logix is you have to pay a subscription. For Golfshot it's a one time payment. The app I was using during our round was the Golfshot.

Problem with Golf Logix is you have to pay a subscription. For Golfshot it's a one time payment. The app I was using during our round was the Golfshot.

Whoo I like that better, a 1 time fee. Actually, that's not a bad idea. The BF has Golf Logix, so I can get this other one you mention :)

I'll have to agree that Golfshot GPS is without a doubt the best iPhone GPS app out there...

I'll have to agree that Golfshot GPS is without a doubt the best iPhone GPS app out there...

That's what I keep hearing, I wish there was a way to test the GPS before you buy it.

That's what I keep hearing, I wish there was a way to test the GPS before you buy it.

I think there are 10 of us here on THP that tried one GPS after another and we all ended up sticking with Golfshot. I personally have tried 4 of them and stuck with Golfshot. I wish I would've listened the first time and I wouldn't have spent all that money on apps I wasn't going to use.

myCaddie Pro is the best free one I've used

Ok folks :) So, the people at the AT&T store were able to transfer my contacts and pictures over. I just finished inputting all the addresses by hand on the iPhone, since it missed that part. A lot of my pictures didn't transfer over but are on the memory card on the Blackberry. How do I get them off? I no longer have the Blackberry program to connect the phone to the computer so I can't do that, and the phone has been disconnected since I just transferred the same number to the iPhone, so I can still use my blackberry, just to view whatever I have on there, but I can't send/receive messages or calls or emails.

Ok folks :) So, the people at the AT&T store were able to transfer my contacts and pictures over. I just finished inputting all the addresses by hand on the iPhone, since it missed that part. A lot of my pictures didn't transfer over but are on the memory card on the Blackberry. How do I get them off? I no longer have the Blackberry program to connect the phone to the computer so I can't do that, and the phone has been disconnected since I just transferred the same number to the iPhone, so I can still use my blackberry, just to view whatever I have on there, but I can't send/receive messages or calls or emails.

Bluetooth them over.

Whooo...how do you do that?

RTFM... jk, jk, jk.

Turn on BT on IP and BB. Connect them using instructions on both screens (should ask you to put a 4 digit passcode). Select files on BB (normally you have to do it 1 by 1). Not familiar with BB interface but there should be a way to do so. On IP it should prompt you if you want to receive a file from BB. Say yes. Repeat multiple times. Have a cigarette because you're done.

Most Blackberry's the memory card can come out right? transfer them from your mem card to your computer. I store all my photo's on my comupter, and then transfer the ones you like onto the iphone. Bluetoothing works, but not to sound rude but its more complicated for people not tech savvy. Not trying to be rude Golf Chick, just suggesting a method that might have less headaches. Enjoy the new phone

Im pretty sure the iPhone cant receive BT files. Its one of those things that Apple wont let happen. It only does BT headphones.

Most Blackberry's the memory card can come out right? transfer them from your mem card to your computer. I store all my photo's on my comupter, and then transfer the ones you like onto the iphone. Bluetoothing works, but not to sound rude but its more complicated for people not tech savvy. Not trying to be rude Golf Chick, just suggesting a method that might have less headaches. Enjoy the new phone

Well, the transferring via bluetooth didn't work. BUT...I still have the cable at home to connect the Blackberry to the computer and I can just access my pictures via cable and just drag and drop them that way...ahhh...duh!!

Im pretty sure the iPhone cant receive BT files. Its one of those things that Apple wont let happen. It only does BT headphones.

That is correct sir :)

Ahhh yeah forgot about that. Then hopefully what Snap Hook says works then.

For those of you who are using golfshot, can you compare it's accuracy to that of other stand alone gps units and laser range finders? I'm using a couple different gps programs on my iphone now, but have run into some weird lags in satelitte linkage. The yardages just don't change and I can't get an accurate reading. I know golfshot is only $30 which is cheaper than the other options, but I want to make the right investment with this piece of technology.

For those of you who are using golfshot, can you compare it's accuracy to that of other stand alone gps units and laser range finders? I'm using a couple different gps programs on my iphone now, but have run into some weird lags in satelitte linkage. The yardages just don't change and I can't get an accurate reading. I know golfshot is only $30 which is cheaper than the other options, but I want to make the right investment with this piece of technology.

It's not the most accurate (you can't beat the accuracy of the range finders) nor the fastest (the standalone gps units are faster). But when it locks on it is very accurate. Remember, what you have is a cell phone and what it's primary objective is is to make phone calls and not give distances. You obviously can't beat the price for it and for someone like me that doesn't need distance to the foot nor a super quick reading (I don't mean to make it sound like it's slow because compared to other apps it's fairly quick) it is perfect.

I tried using the iPhone for gps and it's just too slow. I want to look get my distance and then pick a club. And the iPhone was more like look wait wait wait jb's getting pissed wait wait there it goes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not the most accurate (you can't beat the accuracy of the range finders) nor the fastest (the standalone gps units are faster). But when it locks on it is very accurate. Remember, what you have is a cell phone and what it's primary objective is is to make phone calls and not give distances. You obviously can't beat the price for it and for someone like me that doesn't need distance to the foot nor a super quick reading (I don't mean to make it sound like it's slow because compared to other apps it's fairly quick) it is perfect.

I agree with Spanks. I use mine only when I am on poorly marked courses or when I am so far off the beaten path I have no idea of the yardage. I also use it a lot to determine distances off the tee. Otherwise I tend to just use marked fairways.

I find that it has been +/- 3-4 yards from marked fairways. Thats just fine with me cause my irons are +/- 6-7 yards anyways. The limiting factor to being accurate is not the measurment my GPS gives me.

OH MAN OH MAN I'm so excited. Everyone who owns an iphone, NETFLIX App has finally released!!!!!

For those who don't understand, my 32 gb iphone 4 was split between half music/ half movies. I Can now stream an unbelievable amount of video straight to my phone. Thus Freeing up about 15gbs for music.

The app is Free but you do need a netflix account.

If you don't have a netflix account..... well you should. I don't even use Netflix for the mail in movies. (I've had the same red envelope sitting at the bottom of my to do pile for 8 months!) Why bother, just go onto the instant queue and you will find something to watch to stream INSTANTLY to your TV. Plus the cheapest membership cost is 8.99$ a month. If you still rent movies at Hollywood Video, Blockbuster, or anyother company about to go bankrupt, I strongly suggest checking out Netflix as the cost is just unbeatable. I do have a slight fondness for those redboxes popping up around town but at $1 a day I don't think its comparable to Netflix's $9 a month. Plus the live streaming is FREE (on top of the membership)
Yesterday I was babysitting my cousin's kids. I had to run some errrands and was terrified at the idea of dragging a 8 and 10 year old around town. I Gave them my iphone, threw on UP by pixar....... complete silence ensued.
Now I don't want to get into a debate about parking kids in front of tv screens, I'm the cool older uncle/cousin (2nd cousin?), so they brushed their teeth with soda and ate Ice Cream for dinner. (haha just kiddin Paul, please don't kill me) This was a godsend. I had to go to 4 different places, in 110* heat in the middle of traffic hour. And the kids were angels.

Anyways, about performance. I've personally watched 5 movies/ tv shows now on my iphone. Video quality is definitly INBETWEEN normal standard definition and HD defintion. And the Streaming is awesome, with about 6 hours total play time, i've yet to experiance any slow down or buffering problems on the 3G network. I did experiance some problems at home but My internet connnection at home is bad. Switched back to 3G and the streaming was awesome again.

I kind of rambled a bit, but this is a big step in terms of mobile television and entertainment.
How am I going to get any work done now? :D

OH MAN OH MAN I'm so excited. Everyone who owns an iphone, NETFLIX App has finally released!!!!!

For those who don't understand, my 32 gb iphone 4 was split between half music/ half movies. I Can now stream an unbelievable amount of video straight to my phone. Thus Freeing up about 15gbs for music.

The app is Free but you do need a netflix account.

If you don't have a netflix account..... well you should. I don't even use Netflix for the mail in movies. (I've had the same red envelope sitting at the bottom of my to do pile for 8 months!) Why bother, just go onto the instant queue and you will find something to watch to stream INSTANTLY to your TV. Plus the cheapest membership cost is 8.99$ a month. If you still rent movies at Hollywood Video, Blockbuster, or anyother company about to go bankrupt, I strongly suggest checking out Netflix as the cost is just unbeatable. I do have a slight fondness for those redboxes popping up around town but at $1 a day I don't think its comparable to Netflix's $9 a month. Plus the live streaming is FREE (on top of the membership)
Yesterday I was babysitting my cousin's kids. I had to run some errrands and was terrified at the idea of dragging a 8 and 10 year old around town. I Gave them my iphone, threw on UP by pixar....... complete silence ensued.
Now I don't want to get into a debate about parking kids in front of tv screens, I'm the cool older uncle/cousin (2nd cousin?), so they brushed their teeth with soda and ate Ice Cream for dinner. (haha just kiddin Paul, please don't kill me) This was a godsend. I had to go to 4 different places, in 110* heat in the middle of traffic hour. And the kids were angels.

Anyways, about performance. I've personally watched 5 movies/ tv shows now on my iphone. Video quality is definitly INBETWEEN normal standard definition and HD defintion. And the Streaming is awesome, with about 6 hours total play time, i've yet to experiance any slow down or buffering problems on the 3G network. I did experiance some problems at home but My internet connnection at home is bad. Switched back to 3G and the streaming was awesome again.

I kind of rambled a bit, but this is a big step in terms of mobile television and entertainment.
How am I going to get any work done now? :D

HECK YEAH!!! I just installed this app and started watching a movie. ITS AWESOME!!! You can resume play where you left off.

Question: I tried listening /watching my movie oh my phone using my iPod earplugs. It didn't work. Do I need something special for the iPhone? :confused2: I had them all the way into the socket, but the noise still came out of the speakers on the bottom. How do I remedy this? I LOVE how Netflix is on the iPhone...where have I been all along and surviving without an iPhone :D

HECK YEAH!!! I just installed this app and started watching a movie. ITS AWESOME!!! You can resume play where you left off.

Question: I tried listening /watching my movie oh my phone using my iPod earplugs. It didn't work. Do I need something special for the iPhone? :confused2: I had them all the way into the socket, but the noise still came out of the speakers on the bottom. How do I remedy this? I LOVE how Netflix is on the iPhone...where have I been all along and surviving without an iPhone :D

hmmm. you know I've never tried to plug headphones in. It should work. Sometimes a piece of lint from my pocket gets stuck in the socket check in there I guess. I'm at work but i'll try it with headphones as soon as I get home.
If it doesn't work, then it's a glitch and Netflix will fix that soon. The App did just come out 3 days ago and there may be a few glitches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back