The iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the same case but not the clear back. The rubber starts to get worn out pretty quick. That was my only complaint.

This is an impressive case here, the LifeProof case;

I am getting the 4s on November 6th, it is when I have an upgrade. I was looking at the ifrogz luxe lean case or the speck candyshell. Any thoughts on the two?

Haven't downloaded the new update yet, but was going to in the next day or so. Have you heard anyone else having issues lately with the update?

Any tips you can give before I engage or just let it run?

Its pretty painless. Just let it do its thing. If you want to be extra careful you can back up your phone first and then do the update but it does that for you.

Haven't downloaded the new update yet, but was going to in the next day or so. Have you heard anyone else having issues lately with the update?

Any tips you can give before I engage or just let it run?

My wife's downloaded and updated in 30 minutes. Mine just sat with the spinning beach ball of doom forever and finally after I let it just sit for over 45 minutes it started updating. Once updated, however, it has been fine. Love iOS5 so far, even on our older 3GSs. Runs very smooth, has nice new features, haven't had any problems with apps crashing, etc.

As Keven said, just do a normal backup before you install and it should be fine.

This is an impressive case here, the LifeProof case;
Dang...had one of those in my hands last Thursday night, but put it back 'cause it was $70. Kinda' wish I'd have bought it now after seeing the video.

Dang...had one of those in my hands last Thursday night, but put it back 'cause it was $70. Kinda' wish I'd have bought it now after seeing the video.

Not sure if I would drop $70 on a case, but seeing this at Best Buy over the weekend, I was very impressed. One of the employees said he ran over it with his car and it didnt damage it at all. Not sure if I believe that or not, but still impressive.

Not sure if I would drop $70 on a case, but seeing this at Best Buy over the weekend, I was very impressed. One of the employees said he ran over it with his car and it didnt damage it at all. Not sure if I believe that or not, but still impressive.

How sad is it in the first place that all these phone companies build these multi hundred dollar delicate pieces of you know what that you have to buy a god awful case to put on it.

That's where I was when I told my son to go get me a different case (Otterbox Defender) which would be sleeker. He brought it over and I saw the price and told him to get me a different one...wish I'd looked more carefully. Not that I'm dying to spend $70, but my phone ends up in some predicaments being around oil and fuel all day.

I still have the free case and haven't seen one I like more. It's the clear case from Belkin - perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anyone use the otterbox reflex case?I know some use the commuter

I have the Defender & Commuter case, like the Commuter a lot better. Havent been able to find the reflex case, except for online. I might have to order one.

I have the Defender & Commuter case, like the Commuter a lot better. Haven't been able to find the reflex case, except for online. I might have to order one.

My wife uses the commuter, my boss uses the impact I use the defender. I like them all, the defender the most and the commuter second, but the reflex really has be intruigued, but I'm wondering with case made to come apart to dock, how easily does it come apart? I'm not planning on taking it apart but I don't want it to come apart on it's own either.

I love Siri, but I also love the rest of the talk functions. I hardly ever type anything now. For example, I just dictated this post through the iPhone.

I love Siri, but I also love the rest of the talk functions. I hardly ever type anything now. For example, I just dictated this post through the iPhone.
Please shut up interlooper! :D (This message was typed on my OLD iPhone 4 which I'll have until they let me upgrade)

See, that is what I want on my iPhone 4. How it isn't there baffles me. It's been on android for years.

Need some app advice: Anyone have a good app that uses iphone videos where you can cut/paste/edit/combine/etc?

Yes, it's for the Morgan Cup video! :banana:

Need some app advice: Anyone have a good app that uses iphone videos where you can cut/paste/edit/combine/etc?

Yes, it's for the Morgan Cup video! :banana:

iMovie.

See, that is what I want on my iPhone 4. How it isn't there baffles me. It's been on android for years.

It's mediocre on my Droid X. By the time you get what you wanted it to say, you probably could have typed the entire thing out already.

Sound station

Sound station

What docking station or speaker system are you using with your iPhone (at home)? I've been looking at some for Christmas. Klipsch has a good one but I kind of like the Bose soundlink. Does anyone have this one? If so, what do you think about it? I want good sound and high volume.

Last edited:
What docking station or speaker system are you using with your iPhone (at home)? I've been looking at some for Christmas. Klipsch has a good one but I kind of like the Bose soundlink. Does anyone have this one? If so, what do you think about it? I want good sound and high volume.
I've been trying to find a good one for my christmas list this year, I'd like to go bluetooth on it.

I have the Bose Wireless SoundDock system which really sounds good. Haven't tried the SoundLink system yet, but you can't go wrong with Bose. I've had Klipsch before (CPU) and those sounded great as well. I don't think you'll lose either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back