The iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for a good cycling app so I can see how fast I am going and how far I ride. It looks like Cyclemeter and MotionX are the two most popular.

I use MotionX for runs and have been very happy with it. Easy uploading to PC or Facebook, etc post workout if you choose to. Plus it has integrated iPod controls for easy music control if you need that.

I use MotionX for runs and have been very happy with it. Easy uploading to PC or Facebook, etc post workout if you choose to. Plus it has integrated iPod controls for easy music control if you need that.

Thanks! The MotionX is the one I have been leaning towards. I like that I can use it for running too (when I get motivated enough to actually run). I just got the iPhone mount for my bike so now I can download an app and start tracking my rides.

just no texting or THP'ing while riding lol

Thanks! The MotionX is the one I have been leaning towards. I like that I can use it for running too (when I get motivated enough to actually run). I just got the iPhone mount for my bike so now I can download an app and start tracking my rides.

All this talk of the GolfShot app makes me want to go ahead and upgrade my phone now. Sounds like going from the 3G to the 4S would be a gigantic jump in performance.

I am looking for a good cycling app so I can see how fast I am going and how far I ride. It looks like Cyclemeter and MotionX are the two most popular.

Motion X is a good one, can use it for running and cycling. The Nike+ App was free for a while, and I tried to use it for cycling (made for running) and it gave me good info, but the stats it gave me were inaccurate as it assumed I had been running.

Motion X is a good one, can use it for running and cycling. The Nike+ App was free for a while, and I tried to use it for cycling (made for running) and it gave me good info, but the stats it gave me were inaccurate as it assumed I had been running.

Is that Nike+ App built into our phones? I always see it in the settings area but I have no idea what it is.

Is that Nike+ App built into our phones? I always see it in the settings area but I have no idea what it is.

Hmm, it might be now? Go to the app store and search for it, see if it is installed or not.

right!

LOL, not until I get my helmet.

it must've thought you were Usain Bolt

Hmm, it might be now? Go to the app store and search for it, see if it is installed or not.

The Nike+GPS is not installed but in my settings there is something that says Nike+iPod, but it's off. I have no idea what it is and never really bothered to check but now I am curious. The Nike+GPS was $1.99.

It was all ready on my phone when I got it. I haven't gone in to yet but I know it was all ready there

right!

it must've thought you were Usain Bolt
I was running some 3.5 minute miles according to it...lol.

The Nike+GPS is not installed but in my settings there is something that says Nike+iPod, but it's off. I have no idea what it is and never really bothered to check but now I am curious. The Nike+GPS was $1.99.
Ok, that is a different one. The Nike+iPod is the one that interacts with the thing that goes in the shoes.

My brother uses the Nike+Ipod, and it where you need the special "nike+" shoes to put the little device in your shoes to measure distance. I do not have an Iphone, but I use an app called RunKeeper on my Droid and it works great. I'm not sure If it is on the app store or not.

iMapMyRun is also pretty good. Can use it multiple workout types - walk, run, cycle, working out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pretty much every review I've read about the 4s says something along these lines but thisone sums it up the best....

If you own the original iPhone, 3G, or 3GS, you'll enjoy the speed gains and quality camera. If you own an iPhone 4, the upgrade path is less certain, especially if you just bought a Verizon iPhone earlier this year. The improvements will seem far less dramatic and more iterative, probably because using the iPhone 4 never felt like a drag to begin with

iMapMyRun is also pretty good. Can use it multiple workout types - walk, run, cycle, working out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was going to recommend that as well. But there is also iMapMyRide and iMapMyWalk, I think, and those you get charged for, but not the Run version. At least that's how it was when we picked one. We only walk (bad knees) but use the Run app because it was free and they charged for the walk app that does the same exact thing...

i use runkeeper on my iphone to keep track of my runs. pretty accurate and it shows you pace/mile and a map that shows your route.

Love Golfshot app. I can't say (this is personal opinion) that I trust yardages 100% - 100% of the time, but overall, I love having the distances from everything on the hole laid out in front of me. Just knowing I must hit it 146 to carry the frontside bunker is a a plus over knowing the pin is 161 away.

Everything is right there immediately. Love it.

Vince, have you ever shot a laser to check the distances (+/-) as compared to the iPhone Golfshot app?

Why yes I have. When the flag is dead center I have found it to be within a yard. Other than that its a guess when the pin is either front or back, it all depends on how many paces. But yes, to me its very accurate.

Love Golfshot app. I can't say (this is personal opinion) that I trust yardages 100% - 100% of the time, but overall, I love having the distances from everything on the hole laid out in front of me. Just knowing I must hit it 146 to carry the frontside bunker is a a plus over knowing the pin is 161 away.

Everything is right there immediately. Love it.

Spank, have you ever shot a laser to check the distances (+/-) as compared to the iPhone Golfshot app?

Yes I have. Just off a yard - 5. Not a deal breaker IMO as I have done the same with a Bushnell yardage pro XGC and I was coming up with the same differences. I've tried a handful of GPS apps and this one, hands down is the best.

All this talk of the GolfShot app makes me want to go ahead and upgrade my phone now. Sounds like going from the 3G to the 4S would be a gigantic jump in performance.

It would be night and day Cookie. The local Sam's Club has a deal for the 16GB 4 for $99 that I'm going to take advantage of for my wife's phone. They're just getting rid of inventory so it's a deal. If you don't want to go full boat on the 4S then you should check that out. I would think for the extra $100 you would just go 4S since you're coming from a 3G.

just no texting or THP'ing while riding lol

That's what Siri is for. :D

Does anybody out there use a QR reader app? I think this is pretty cool and to know if it is worth purchasing an app for it.

Does anybody out there use a QR reader app? I think this is pretty cool and to know if it is worth purchasing an app for it.

What is a QR reader?

They are images that you can scan that will give you a link to Website URL, YouTube Video ,Google Maps Location, iTunes Link, Plain Text, Telephone Number, SMS Message, Email Address, Email Message, Event (VCALENDAR), Wifi Login (Android Only), Paypal Buy Now Link.

They look like this.

qrcode1818665.png

This is actually one for www.thehackersparadise.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back