LIVE UPDATE THREAD The 2024 Vokey Experience at Ballyhack

Great wrap up for the first full day. Great presentation from Aaron Luttrell, Malcom and John about their roles with Titleist and Vokey. Bob Vokey and Aaron Dill joined via videoconference and brought the knowledge. Great info about the gradual evolution on CG placement over the past few SM iterations culminating in SM10. Bob talked about the evolution of several of the different grinds and the specific players that were the origins. (Stricker for S grind, Kite for K grind for example. After we said goodbye to Aaron D and Bob, we got
More stories from the guys about fitting celebrities and other interesting experiences. And more night putting.

Tomorrow starts with the wedge clinic to learn which shots are best suited to the different grinds we were fitted to.View attachment 9261895
A great end to a great day...dinner, discussion, and night putting.

Wedge clinic - now that sounds amazing!

Great wrap up for the first full day. Great presentation from Aaron Luttrell, Malcom and John about their roles with Titleist and Vokey. Bob Vokey and Aaron Dill joined via videoconference and brought the knowledge. Great info about the gradual evolution on CG placement over the past few SM iterations culminating in SM10. Bob talked about the evolution of several of the different grinds and the specific players that were the origins. (Stricker for S grind, Kite for K grind for example. After we said goodbye to Aaron D and Bob, we got
More stories from the guys about fitting celebrities and other interesting experiences. And more night putting.

Tomorrow starts with the wedge clinic to learn which shots are best suited to the different grinds we were fitted to.View attachment 9261895
Great recap. Looking forward to hearing about the wedge clinic and what the grinds are meant for shot wise.

I did not know that about the grinds. That's awesome.

What a day you guys are in for tomorrow! I can't wait to follow along with that wedge clinic.

Awesome stuff so far, guys! Have fun and hole out with those wedges tomorrow!

Finally caught up. Everything about the first day was fabulous.

Been a fun follow today fellas. Lots of awesome pics of Ballyhack, food looked amazing, and you guys got to hear from Bob Vokey himself! These experiences really are just ridiculous. Gotta love THP! Have a goodnight everyone. Looking forward to following along for the wedge clinic tomorrow!

I don’t quit at halftime, ma’am. You start it? You finish it.
It’s not where you finish it, it’s that you finish it. #ShowerBeersApproved

I'm all for shower beers, just not documenting them and putting it on the interweb
It’s no problem. What happens on THP stays on THP 🤣

All caught up from day one. Unfortunately I’m going to be swamped again tomorrow but I’ll catch up in the afternoon. Really looking forward to reading all about the wedge clinic!

Great job today everyone. I still can’t believe how amazing the course looks.

I have a feeling that “morning” Ballyhack will be an hour or two after I go to bed. I will catch up tomorrow and hope you all have a great night and breakfast. Thanks for the pictures and updates

Sounds like the perfect night.

Caught up and WOW! What a day for the course itself to play new wedges, to the goat track 11 man tee boxes, and let’s not forget that mind blowing dinner with the man himself and Aaron Dill!

how on earth are shower beers being disparaged in here right now?! You heathens
Yeah, as I'm catching up I'm unsure how they are catching flak for not being filthy. I can't let this one go without a strong agree.

Is it odd that I am as excited about the food and drink than I am about the golf and Mitsubishi shafts after all these posts?

Mitsubishi Shaft Experience 2024 is coming in June!
Nope, that is definitely appropriate! The food at these events is just fantastic.

Back