LIVE UPDATE THREAD The 2024 Vokey Experience at Ballyhack

Does anyone know what type of market share Vokey has when it comes to wedges? I know it's high on the tour, or at least I assume it is. Would have to think that follows overall with consumers as well?

Also curious what grind is the most popular across the board.
They are number one sold currently

What hole at Ballyhack are you guys most looking forward to playing? ⛳

@Trmpt98
@hofstbr
@Canadan
@Tenputt
@GerryWithAG
@eddywhitaker
@adwillingham
@jefe35

There is a lot I think I’m going to love about the course itself (based off @Daluteh hole by hole posts and playing several rounds of PGA2K23 on Xbox on a plausible recreation).

• The Par 3s look like they are all visually different which can be fun.
  • I really enjoy big multi-tiered greens (first nice courses I grew up playing were the RTJ Trail in Alabama which often has this feature).
  • It looks like many of the tee shots look down on the fairways, which is also a fun visual to me to see where everything is out there and track the ball as it hopefully stays out of trouble.
  • Right now, I would say maybe hole #2 or #4 are the ones that I think will be really fun, but can almost guarantee that I will have a different answer by Tuesday afternoon.
I can say that I can not think of clubs that will be more fun to test on this golf course than wedges.

Last edited:
Hole 16 has my attention, looks like a demanding tee shot and then carrying a hazard into the green.

In looking at pictures and videos they all look good, I can triple from anywhere. 😂

The par 3 track looks really cool also. Lot’s of opportunities to test the Vokeys.

Hole 16 has my attention, looks like a demanding tee shot and then carrying a hazard into the green.

In looking at pictures and videos they all look good, I can triple from anywhere. 😂

The par 3 track looks really cool also. Lot’s of opportunities to test the Vokeys.
The goat track with new Vokeys should be fun

Still 48 hours out but I’m traveling tomorrow and all packed up. Sleep I can feel will already be elusive from excitement tonight!

16 is a beast and no joke!!!

Still 48 hours out but I’m traveling tomorrow and all packed up. Sleep I can feel will already be elusive from excitement tonight!
Prepared. I like it.

1st leg of the trip is complete. Have a day in North Carolina tomorrow and then back up to Ballyhack on Sunday. 2 more sleeps

Safe travels, all! Looking forward to following along or mostly catching up.

1st leg of the trip is complete. Have a day in North Carolina tomorrow and then back up to Ballyhack on Sunday. 2 more sleeps
Safe travels on the rest of the way!

This would assume one is using wedges like irons. Not everybody full swings them
I don't like swinging full wedges. Feel like I make more mistakes doing that than on any other shot

I don't like swinging full wedges. Feel like I make more mistakes doing that than on any other shot
Questions:

How far do you hit your pw?

What club would you use to hit a yardage 15 yards less than your full pw?

Last edited:
Questions:

How far to you hit your pw?

What club would you use to hit a yardage 15 yards less than your full pw?
125-130 so if I want to go 15 yards less I'll use my AW

Almost there boys, this is going to be a great follow… safe travels.

Safe travels gents. Looking forward to this.

My first THP experience was a 2018 Vokey experience. Feeling nostalgic. You fellas are in for a great time!

Safe and smooth travels today 👍🏼

Back