LIVE UPDATE THREAD The 2024 Vokey Experience at Ballyhack

Has the Vokey design team ever created a wedge that was essentially to expensive to manufacture and bring to the market?

@Tenputt how’d you play out there? Give @Canadan a run for his money?
The games that @Canadan and I play are in completely different universes. I kind of bump it along the ground. He hits high shots that drop softly on the greens.

I had a tale of two 9s. I shot two over 38 on the front and then struggled with driver on the back, shooting 7 over 43, to shoot 81. 3 double bogies really hurt me or I could have broken 80, which was my goal. It was an amazingly fun round, though.

Man, with my own trip later this week, I missed almost the entire round today. Bummer about no HIO on the Goat, but those were some darts either way from A LOT of people!! Excited for dinner and to see who the special guest is!!

How much technology improvements have Vokey wedges had to sacrifice in order to maintain the classic Vokey look?

Last thing I'll add from Aaron (who was extremely jet lagged this morning and having to deal with a chatty stranger)...I was hitting the fitted Vokeys so well that I joked with him that I needed the Vokey Driver...to which he first said that would be the classic 975D, and then later reminded me that they had hooked me up with a Titleist fitter near me that could totally help me out with that. 😀

Really enjoyed asking him questions before we got into the bigger group tonight.
A few quick answers from Titleist.

No on CB - anything greater than 52* it doesn't actually help in most situations.

Yes on helping with set PW's. More of a recent assistance but they are combining tech.

New club time frame is long, up to 6+ years. For example on of the Titleist guys tested the first prototype for the SM12 in Octiber 2022.
great stuff, guys. Thanks for asking them and for informing us! 🤜🤛

Has the Vokey design team ever created a wedge that was essentially to expensive to manufacture and bring to the market?
I'm not sitting in front of them right now but one of them did talk about golf balls that would have been significantly more expensive than others...and they couldn't justify that much more cost for what wouldn't have been minimal improvement (in essence more of a marketing ploy than anything and they didn't want to do that).

This Vokey experience is beyond my expectations. This post is for any lurkers or new forum members that want to know about these events from the perspective of a first-time participant. When you see these live experiences posted, BELIEVE THE HYPE. Feel good joining a good cause like the albatross club, and start entering the drawings for these experiences. Anybody can get selected, I am proof of that!

The Titleist Vokey wedges are incredible, the Titleist Vokey representatives at the even may be better. Great guys, bringing a ton of knowledge and fun to the event.

JB and Dan make sure you are taken care of every step of the way. First class stuff. Don't get me started on the venue, to say Ballyhack is a treat is doing this amazing course a disservice. Let me just say WOW! I will do a better job of posting pictures tomorrow, I was so busy trying to focus on golf today, this place gets your attention. :)

Last but not least, getting to experience all of this with a new group of friends is really cool. From seasoned THP experience veterans to fellow newbies it has been a terrific group to be around.

@Canadan sneaking in some more goodies while everyone is getting ready for tonight!PXL_20240429_223310212.jpg

The games that @Canadan and I play are in completely different universes. I kind of bump it along the ground. He hits high shots that drop softly on the greens.

I had a tale of two 9s. I shot two over 38 on the front and then struggled with driver on the back, shooting 7 over 43, to shoot 81. 3 double bogies really hurt me or I could have broken 80, which was my goal. It was an amazingly fun round, though.
Nice round, Not bad for an older guy.:LOL:

Those are so dope. One of my biggest regrets from the Morgan Cup last year was not getting one of those.
Didn’t get one at the project x experience either. 😭

Personally, I prefer my beers before or after the shower. Why warm it up any with the shower steam?

But, then I miss all the action!?
No, it refreshes the page with new posts and keeps you at the post you refreshed from. Instead of having to scroll again from the top of that page.

Personally, I prefer my beers before or after the shower. Why warm it up any with the shower steam?
If it has time to get warm you aren’t drinking it fast enough.

Back