LIVE UPDATE THREAD The 2024 Vokey Experience at Ballyhack

Which grinds worked best out there?
K out of the bunker for me was pretty good, square face and swing.

Got some great advice using bound from John Habegger, keep those hands back and weight forward

Goat Cup as an 11 some after lunch, second and third groups are filtering in for lunch.

What surprised you guys the most about the wedges?
So far it’s the lower flight with stopping .power. Height does not equal spin.

Who had that on the bingo card?
One of the questions I asked at the WWGC.
Note that there was no mention of pace of play during that experience.

So the wedges were the star of the show this morning. They got a LOT of use out there. New grooves are so confidence inspiring. Balls really stuck well on the greens. Distances are different than my old wedges so that takes some getting used to to get dialed on. The short par threes were amazing and the Goat Trak will be so fun this afternoon. Didn’t realize how worn my old grips were until I got the new ones. Really fun deciding between 56 and 52 on some of the stuff around the green. Fun to experiment.

So the wedges were the star of the show this morning. They got a LOT of use out there. New grooves are so confidence inspiring. Balls really stuck well on the greens. Distances are different than my old wedges so that takes some getting used to to get dialed on. The short par threes were amazing and the Goat Trak will be so fun this afternoon. Didn’t realize how worn my old grips were until I got the new ones. Really fun deciding between 56 and 52 on some of the stuff around the green. Fun to experiment.
Thanks for the update. Looking forward to the Goat Track action this afternoon!

Not at all shocked that Ballyhack looks pristine and just amazing in every picture. Such an incredible course.

@Canadan you have been crushing it with the pics. Your group is going to have some awesome pictures to look back on when the experience is over.
Thanks buddy!! Glad you guys are enjoying them.

Not pictured... incredible sugar cookie

I think the chicken sandwich was better than the burger

Attachments

• PXL_20240429_175835137.jpg
    PXL_20240429_175835137.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 6
Would be cool if you all could build a spreadsheet with everything you tested (specs, grind, etc.) and include your comments. I am now a couple years on the road with multiple wedges and when I pick up a new one it always amazes me how different they perform.

The Vokeys were my star of the show while my Driver was absolutely pathetic. I had a couple of 95-100 shots that let me take full swings with the 50 (bent to 49) and a couple of 80 yard shots that had me at full swings with the 54. Those are usually really tough full shots for me, and the Vokeys handled them beautifully. I can't count many as greens in regulation due to punting my way toward the green, but the wedge shots were my highlight of the morning round without doubt.

Goat Cup as an 11 some after lunch, second and third groups are filtering in for lunch.
Should be fantastic for pace of play.

Back