EXPERIENCE The 2024 Morgan Cup – Sponsored by Cobra Golf

Also, anyone else just browse the Puma sight day dreaming about what we might be getting? 😍
Actually no, as I have full faith in the people choosing our swag. But I browse all the Puma shelves when ever I go to a brick and mortar.

Also, anyone else just browse the Puma sight day dreaming about what we might be getting? 😍
I Do Lol GIF by Lifetime

Probably should look at anything Red...or pink maybe haha

Well what do we have here? Great meeting you guys! It's officially on! That's me, @TWright971, @CBaker and @jeffg21. @cagolfer also popped in but missed the pic at that time.
1715211496982.png

Photo proof it can be sunny here!

So 2024 Morgan Cuppers, has anyone come across any surprises as you get some time in/get fitted for the Cobra lineup? Something that is going to go in the bag that you did not expect? Something you thought you would game but isn’t quite the right fit?

Like how good the 3D putters look in hand. And even more-so after the plastic is removed!

So if I go all DarkSpeed, I will have an issue at the top of the bag & at the bottom, more so at the bottom but still. The 4 iron is strong (18.5*), so to fill that gap the 3+W would be 13* that I can always loft up. The PW (42*) is where I have the issue. My next wedges in sequence would be the 48*, 52*, 56* to keep it similar to what I play now. So that leads to a 6* gap from the PW to the GW? The lowest Snakebite wedge is 48*. Even the DarkSpeed GW is only off that by 1/2* (47.5).

So I ask you guys .... what do I do with that gap? Which routes do I take? Should I just learn to hit the PW harder & the GW softer? HA! :ROFLMAO:

So 2024 Morgan Cuppers, has anyone come across any surprises as you get some time in/get fitted for the Cobra lineup? Something that is going to go in the bag that you did not expect? Something you thought you would game but isn’t quite the right fit?

Like how good the 3D putters look in hand. And even more-so after the plastic is removed!

Two biggest surprises for me:

1. I absolutely love my Aerojet Max driver and thought it was a sure bet that I would be in the DS Max driver this year. Went to my fitting and fitter said that I was clearly an X player. I do not need the spin and right bias of the Max in DS. (Hitting the X at a Cobra Demo day definitely confirmed this as well).

2. Vintage Cuda putter. I thought I would be in either the Agera, Agera RS or Stingray. Those were the 3 that I like the looks of most. Went to a Cobra Demo day at my league club and was allowed to take all the putters to the practice green so I took the Agera, Agera RS and Stingray and started putting to find a winner. Results were all pretty similar decent speed, some slight misses just a bit right. Demo day rep came over and watched and then handed me the Cuda told me to give it a go. Man I'm not sure what it is but everything dropped with this putter, not sure if it just fits my eye better, something about it lets me align it better? But it's going in the bag.

So if I go all DarkSpeed, I will have an issue at the top of the bag & at the bottom, more so at the bottom but still. The 4 iron is strong (18.5*), so to fill that gap the 3+W would be 13* that I can always loft up. The PW (42*) is where I have the issue. My next wedges in sequence would be the 48*, 52*, 56* to keep it similar to what I play now. So that leads to a 6* gap from the PW to the GW? The lowest Snakebite wedge is 48*. Even the DarkSpeed GW is only off that by 1/2* (47.5).

So I ask you guys .... what do I do with that gap? Which routes do I take? Should I just learn to hit the PW harder & the GW softer? HA! :ROFLMAO:
Go a degree or 2 weak in your iron lofts?

I would not be so concerned about where the lofts gap and see where you land with distance gaps.
Maybe that PW goes further than you think and you may not have to swing harder? It’s nice to have the loft gaps fit into a nice window that correlates to distance but that may not be the case practically.
Hard to forecast though and may just have to be changes after the fact.

Go a degree or 2 weak in your iron lofts?
I thought about that. But wasn't sure about the distance loss? IF any Not sure a degree would make that much of a difference :unsure:

Two biggest surprises for me:

1. I absolutely love my Aerojet Max driver and thought it was a sure bet that I would be in the DS Max driver this year. Went to my fitting and fitter said that I was clearly an X player. I do not need the spin and right bias of the Max in DS. (Hitting the X at a Cobra Demo day definitely confirmed this as well).

2. Vintage Cuda putter. I thought I would be in either the Agera, Agera RS or Stingray. Those were the 3 that I like the looks of most. Went to a Cobra Demo day at my league club and was allowed to take all the putters to the practice green so I took the Agera, Agera RS and Stingray and started putting to find a winner. Results were all pretty similar decent speed, some slight misses just a bit right. Demo day rep came over and watched and then handed me the Cuda told me to give it a go. Man I'm not sure what it is but everything dropped with this putter, not sure if it just fits my eye better, something about it lets me align it better? But it's going in the bag.
The Agera RS came out of nowhere to take my putter spot. Not sure what it is but there is something about standing over that putter that gives me alot of confidence. Irrational maybe? Sometimes you just don’t question 🤷‍♂️

I have the AJ one length currently and the PW is 41.5* then drops to the 48* SBX wedge (the set AJ GW is 47.5) My PW goes around 115 my GW goes around 95 (I think the difference would be less with the variable length PW) but I usually don't have a problem either going a bit harder with GW or 3/4 with PW.

I thought about that. But wasn't sure about the distance loss? IF any Not sure a degree would make that much of a difference :unsure:
I went 2° weak in my AJs and the distance loss is minimal, +/- 5ish yds. I picked slightly more carry going that way.

Don't worry about the stated loft on the club. I bet distance wise they gap well. The darkspeeds will launch higher relatively to their stronger stated lofts. And the snakebites lower.

Back