EXPERIENCE The 2024 Morgan Cup – Sponsored by Cobra Golf

Easy peasy, if you practice it. You’d be surprised how many know nothing about engaging the bounce properly.
I forget where I picked it up a few years back, and I'm not always good at it because, well, golf is hard, but it changed how I think around the greens.

After speaking with @KY Golfer and @jdtox more about the this awesome event I'm mad I didn't sign up. God willing I will be sure to sign up in 2025.

After speaking with @KY Golfer and @jdtox more about the this awesome event I'm mad I didn't sign up. God willing I will be sure to sign up in 2025.
This is definitely one you don't want to miss!

@Jman What's this bounce you speak of? :D

If miracles really do happen, and I get selected to be in the Morgan Cup this year, I'm thinking I'd go One-Length, which is something I never even considered before. I'm thinking going that way with irons and hybrids, but not too sure about with the wedges. Anyone here done the full on One-Length including wedges?

After the final round that @jdtox put together last week at Briggs and video posted of his swing I almost feel bad routing against him. I said almost! The swing never changed in any pic or video. It was like @JB kept posting same video over and over. With all that said it’s still the year for the reign to end.
A great swing always looks good 🔥👍🏼

After playing the course, Briggs is gonna be money for this. I can't wait to see who the lucky participants are. All of you are in for the time of your Life.

#Paradise4Life

It's all they said it is and then some. :LOL:
Could not agree more. Once you start digging into the relationship with Cobra/Puma and the history of the event you will get blown away. All of the THP events are pretty darn cool but very very few of them get to another level like the Morgan Cup.

Can't wait to see who gets to #GoChaseMore Morgan Cup trophies for Team Paradise this year

Could not agree more. Once you start digging into the relationship with Cobra/Puma and the history of the event you will get blown away. All of the THP events are pretty darn cool but very very few of them get to another level like the Morgan Cup.
Just look at my avatar! This event will always be so special to me.

Easy peasy, if you practice it. You’d be surprised how many know nothing about engaging the bounce properly.

#raiseshand

I think I scared @KY Golfer with how bad things looked on the chipping green the night at Briggs. Somehow found a thought that worked for me...but still a part of the game that's like a magic trick. I totally lost my ability to chip 18 months ago. Trying to use and trust the bounce is a foreign concept to me lol.

#raiseshand

I think I scared @KY Golfer with how bad things looked on the chipping green the night at Briggs. Somehow found a thought that worked for me...but still a part of the game that's like a magic trick. I totally lost my ability to chip 18 months ago. Trying to use and trust the bounce is a foreign concept to me lol.
Its a big time trust thing, and it is TERRIFYING at first hahaha

#raiseshand

Scared, Never. I saw some great shots in the practice round at La Cantera plus you had already warned me :LOL:

If miracles really do happen, and I get selected to be in the Morgan Cup this year, I'm thinking I'd go One-Length, which is something I never even considered before. I'm thinking going that way with irons and hybrids, but not too sure about with the wedges. Anyone here done the full on One-Length including wedges?
In my first One Length bag I had 5-PW in OL irons and had OL 48 and 54 specialty wedges. Really liked them on full swings but not as much on partial swings. I had a VL 58 that I used pretty exclusively around the greens so the OL clubs were pretty much gapping clubs. In my current OL bag I have a VL PW as that's where I feel like I start making lots of partial swings. I do wonder sometimes how OL specialty wedges would go a few years down the road from my first set.

Its a big time trust thing, and it is TERRIFYING at first hahaha

For sure. When you're skulling the ball, the idea of just letting the clubhead pass the hands feels like it'll skull it - not pop it up.

As opposed to the time-tested method of skulling it by having a death grip, panicking,and making a lunge that I've honed. :ROFLMAO:

Thank God Briggs has a lot of tight lies that makes a putter a viable option. On a few holes our caddy said, 'you're thinking putter right?' I'm like 'Heck yeah!' @KY Golfer was like 'hmmmmm' :D (He does have a sweet wedge game!)

For sure. When you're skulling the ball, the ideal of just letting the clubhead pass the hands feels like it'll skull it - not pop it up.

As opposed to the time-tested method of skulling it by having a death grip, panicking and making a lunge at it that I've honed. :ROFLMAO:
I know that move! Hahaha

Can't wait to see who gets to #GoChaseMore Morgan Cup trophies for Team Paradise this year
That is not the correct hashtag sir you didn’t ask me first.

The correct one is #drivefor5

😂

A better question for the One Length or even the snakebite wedge thread

😂
I thought we discussed many others.
#IReallyWantRed was a contender

I thought we discussed many others.
#IReallyWantRed was a contender
I’m pretty certain that never was said

I’m pretty certain that never was said
Hmmmm.
I thought it was all discussed that a trade was taking place.
You for @JDax and a player to be named later.

Was that a dream?

Hmmmm.

Was that a dream?
definitely a dream

Hmmmm.

Was that a dream?
That would put a cooler on Paradise….

😂
Was leaning into the Cobra insta post from earlier today I saw but I like yours better 😍

Back