EXPERIENCE The 2024 Morgan Cup – Sponsored by Cobra Golf

I'm still kicking myself for not taking a couple of swings with it in AZ
You saw me on my worst driving day, which was still a fairly decent driving day. I hammered that thing in AZ.

Good news is that you can try it in October.

I apologize to the server admin for the load I have put on the cobra website the last few days.

You saw me on my worst driving day, which was still a fairly decent driving day. I hammered that thing in AZ.

Good news is that you can try it in October.
Unless I have my own by then, lol.

Interesting to see everyone's focus as they work out their bags. Curious to me that that several are more focused on the top end than bottom end of the bag. Always neat to see how things shake out.

The King Tec hybrids are so good, but i definitely think people should make sure to hit the Darkspeeds too, as you may be surprised.

Was that our first split set ponder?

I'm thinking of doing something different at the top of the bag this year.

I'm intrigued as to how this plays out.

Interesting to see everyone's focus as they work out their bags. Curious to me that that several are more focused on the top end than bottom end of the bag. Always neat to see how things shake out.

The King Tec hybrids are so good, but i definitely think people should make sure to hit the Darkspeeds too, as you may be surprised.

Was that our first split set ponder?
I firmly believe that people should hit everything possible for the Morgan Cup. I agree with you - they may be surprised by their results.

I have it on good authority that Jose has this properly on his calendar now :ROFLMAO:

I firmly believe that people should hit everything possible for the Morgan Cup. I agree with you - they may be surprised by their results.
This has been some of the best advice I've consistently received throughout this process and I've seen it play out in fitting opportunities. Don't make assumptions that might cost you an opportunity to play equipment that might fit your game much better than you'd ever considered.

No WIYB? Love seeing what everyone has.
I have both a WIMB and a YouTube video of it from last year. It's not full Cobra so out of respect I won't be posting it here. I'll figure out how to link it somewhere else hopefully.

This has been some of the best advice I've consistently received throughout this process and I've seen it play out in fitting opportunities. Don't make assumptions that might cost you an opportunity to play equipment that might fit your game much better than you'd ever considered.
Especially with the Driver. Hit as many different head and shaft combinations. Something may surprise you.

Rough first cut. I will be going to Roger Dunn Golf this weekend to finalize my selection.

Darkspeed X 10.5 stiff Lin-Q Red
Darkspeed Max 3 wood graphite stiff
Darkspeed X 5 wood graphite stiff
Darkspeed 3 hybrid graphite stiff
Darkspeed irons 5-GW graphite stiff
Snakebite raw 54*, 58* both in versatile grind, stiff steel
Agera 3D printer putter
I could be down with this bag. I love the Lin-Q Red in my ST-X Driver and ST-Z 5w and would love to try it out in the Darkspeed. I had the 54* and 58* in Black with the versatile grind and loved them. I also have the Agera and it may never leave my bag. It's so so good to me.

This is where the bag is tough. I’ll have to decide between 7 wood 4 hybrid 4 utility.
I vote get 1 and then order the other two and have all 3 to try out or have options depending on conditions/course.

Hear me out…
8d LS set to 6.5
10.5d X set to 9.5
12d Max set to 13.5
Gaps covered, no?

Ok, heading to the corner now
1714581341360.gif

Revision #3, I like the possibilities of this setup.

Darkspeed Max 9*, UST Lin-Q White 6f3, Crossline undersized, Tour length

Darkspeed X - 3w, UST Lin-Q Blue 6F3, Crossline undersized, -1/2”

Darkspeed X - 7w, UST Lin-Q Blue 7F3, Crossline undersized, -1/2”

King Tec - 5h, MMT 70, Crossline undersized, standard

Darkspeed hybrid - 6h, MMT 80, Crossline undersized, -1”

Darkspeed OL - 7-G, KBS TGI 85, Crossline undersized, -3/4”

Snakebite Raw Classic - 52 bent to 51, -3/4”, DG S200 black

Snakebite Raw Classic - 56 bent to 55, -1/2”, DG S200 black

Snakebite Raw Versatile - 58 bent to 59, standard, DG S200 black

Agera RS-30 - 33”, Lamkin Deep Etch cord

Last edited:
Revision #3, I like the possibilities of this setup.

Darkspeed Max 9*, UST Lin-Q White 6f3, Crossline undersized, Tour length

Darkspeed X - 3w, UST Lin-Q Blue 6F3, Crossline undersized, -1/2”

Darkspeed X - 7w, UST Lin-Q Blue 7F3, Crossline undersized, -1/2”

King Tec - 5h, MMT 70, Crossline undersized, standard

Darkspeed hybrid - 6h, MMT 80, Crossline undersized, -1”

Darkspeed OL - 7-G, KBS TGI 85, Crossline undersized, -3/4”

Snakebite Raw Classic - 52 bent to 51, -3/4”, DG S200 black

Snakebite Raw Classic - 56 bent to 55, -1/2”, DG S200 black

Snakebite Raw Versatile - 58 bent to 59, standard, DG S200 black

Agera RS-30 - LA Golf P Series black, Lamkin Deep Etch cord
Not sure about that putter shaft...Probably best going with the stock shaft

Not sure about that putter shaft...Probably best going with the stock shaft
Yeaaaa, it popped up on a different putter that allowed you to select and I think it was like a $300 upgrade. Going to just throw a wild guess out and say that's a no go and we're all just going stock with those.

Which, TBH, they have a FANTASTIC stock putter shaft and absolutely no need to go any other way.

Yeaaaa, it popped up on a different putter that allowed you to select and I think it was like a $300 upgrade. Going to just throw a wild guess out and say that's a no go and we're all just going stock with those.

Which, TBH, they have a FANTASTIC stock putter shaft and absolutely no need to go any other way.
Fantastic is a bit of a stretch haha

Fantastic is a bit of a stretch haha
🤷‍♂️ outside of some brand specific offerings, I play CT Tour's in almost every one of my putters. In terms of non $150+ offerings, it's the best option in that range IMO. I'd consider that a fantastic stock shaft offering I guess.

Back