EXPERIENCE The 2024 Morgan Cup – Sponsored by Cobra Golf

Rough first cut. I will be going to Roger Dunn Golf this weekend to finalize my selection.

Darkspeed X 10.5 stiff Lin-Q Red
Darkspeed Max 3 wood graphite stiff
Darkspeed X 5 wood graphite stiff
Darkspeed 3 hybrid graphite stiff
Darkspeed irons 5-GW graphite stiff
Snakebite raw 54*, 58* both in versatile grind, stiff steel
Agera 3D printer putter

Interested in why the MAX 3 wood and then the X 5 wood? Is it just you need more height/spin with the 3 wood?

Have you had a chance to try any of the clubs out yet?

I don’t have a lot of time for THP at this very moment but it’s always a blast catching up on this thread especially now that bag builds are furiously being constructed, being changed, spreadsheet utilizations, and final approval for team paradise. I’m not going to quote them but there are some very nice bag builds that I’ve seen and a few surprising bags.

It’s going to be a great ride watching you all this summer and it might be sporadic for me now but I’M HERE FOR IT!!

Time to get to work 2024 Morgan Cup!
Cobra/Puma Golf and THP are bringing us on one ***** amazing ride!
View attachment 9262281
That's quite the Wedge selection. Any with backside ground down for open-faced shots? Little surprised you didn't go with 120s in Wedge shafts, are they all full swing Wedges?

That's a very reasonable scenario though, especially for us real life amateurs.
No WIYB? Love seeing what everyone has.

Just over 2 weeks till order day! The talk lately seems to be centered around fwy's and hybrids. Top of the bag is always interesting.

Just over 2 weeks till order day! The talk lately seems to be centered around fwy's and hybrids. Top of the bag is always interesting.
Can't wait to see what everyone has decided on.

Interested in why the MAX 3 wood and then the X 5 wood? Is it just you need more height/spin with the 3 wood?

Have you had a chance to try any of the clubs out yet?
Good point. I found that lofting up 1* in my Cobra 3 woods makes a noticeable difference.

The most important change I made to my bag last year as a result of the Morgan Cup was going from a 60* wedge to a 58* based on @Master Yagley ‘s suggestion. It has saved me more strokes around the green spice I did it than I can remember. And it is a weapon from the bunkers.

I am looking forward to seeing the orders roll in.

2nd thought process

1714567459846.png

All depending on availability & my fitting, of course. Plus, I don't think the King Tour irons can be matched to the DarkSpeed lofts? If I got a mix match set of those two. :unsure: And I'd like the 'match sticks' to match if possible. Notice I didn't say the dreaded word .. sh***s, I said 'match sticks' :ROFLMAO:

The most important change I made to my bag last year as a result of the Morgan Cup was going from a 60* wedge to a 58* based on @Master Yagley ‘s suggestion. It has saved me more strokes around the green spice I did it than I can remember. And it is a weapon from the bunkers.

I am looking forward to seeing the orders roll in.
I tried 60* once. That was enough for me lol, always been 58 otherwise. Not sure why that 2 degrees makes THAT BIG of a difference for me, but it does.

2nd thought process

View attachment 9262301

All depending on availability & my fitting, of course. Plus, I don't think the King Tour irons can be matched to the DarkSpeed lofts? If I got a mix match set of those two. :unsure: And I'd like the 'match sticks' to match if possible. Notice I didn't say the dreaded word .. sh***s, I said 'match sticks' :ROFLMAO:
I looked at a blended set of AJs and King Tours last year. I could get a loft progression that matched up, more or less, blending at 8 iron. My AJs are 2* weak so that gave me an AJ 8 at 32 (dropped to only 1* weak) and a KT 8 at 36. AJs 6-8 and KTs 8-P.

After my fitting I will be looking at:

Darkspeed LS 9*
Darkspeed LS 3/5
Darkspeed 4hy cut down an inch
King Tour 5-GW
Snakebite raw 54/58 versatile
Agera RS-30

Woods will all have the PX HZRDUS Smoke Blue, and hybrid is the only one I have to consider now. The HZRDUS hybrid shaft wasn’t the best for me in the fitting.

I am excited for the Raw wedges, do you use them as normal and they just rust on there own? Do you speed up the process any way?

I am excited for the Raw wedges, do you use them as normal and they just rust on their own? Do you speed up the process any way?
another brands wedges I had in raw rusted almost first day because it was wet out lol. I just let them go on their own.

@JB and @jdtox just a quick question, when selecting wedges on the website if I choose stiff graphite, all the options are coming up as upcharge shafts, is stiff graphite an option? would it just be the KBS shafts?

graphite stiff.PNG

2nd thought process

View attachment 9262301

I wonder on the irons, the gap between the Darkspeed 7i (27*) and the King Tour 8i (36*) is pretty large, I wonder if you did Darkspeed 5-8 if it wouldn't gap better the 8 is 31.5* loft in the darkspeed?

@JB and @jdtox just a quick question, when selecting wedges on the website if I choose stiff graphite, all the options are coming up as upcharge shafts, is stiff graphite an option? would it just be the KBS shafts?

View attachment 9262310
I would choose the same shaft you have in your irons that are no upcharge for your wedges.

Posting this because they don't have a competing forum or anything and Yags is LIVE on a Q&A. right now if anyone wants to hear some Darkspeed goodness from the man himself!!

Great info! Every time I think I've hit the ceiling in regards to excitement for this event, I see/hear/learn more about this lineup from CPG and bust through the ceiling. It's unbelievable to think how good Cobra's current lineup really is across the board.

The 9* LS is incredible. It must have some level of magic in it because I have never had a 9* launch so well, let alone an LS. It’s exceptional.
I'm still kicking myself for not taking a couple of swings with it in AZ

I would choose the same shaft you have in your irons that are no upcharge for your wedges.
This is the way. I’ve been using the same iron and wedge shafts for a couple of seasons now and the consistent feel is so nice.

New ferrules incoming.

Back